• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Bushido] Why no Mana Regen

REEFHAWK1969

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I am putting me a Sampire Suit together. I see everyone thinks you need the Stam Increase, but no one ever mentions having any Mana Regen on their suits. My character has 720 Points and 255 Stats: Stats with no Mods: Str 103 Dex 125 Intel 27. I plan on having PR 70 FR 95 CR 70 PoiR 70 ER 75 for my resist. I am gonna wear Mace & Shield Glasses with Fey Leggings for the DCI until I can get the Animated Legs of the Tinker. I plan on making the other 4 pieces out of the Woodland Armor. I have already made my gorget and gloves. Gorget:pR 12 FR 21 CR 19 PoiR 16 ER 10 HPI 5 SI 8 MI 5 HCI 5. Gloves: PR 12 FR 21 CR 11 PoiR 14 ER 19 SR 3 MR 2 HPI 4 HCI 5. I was gonna make a ring with: SSI 5 HCI 15 DCI 15 DI 25 Open Mod and Bracelet with: HCI 15 DCI 15 DI 25 and thinking of putting MR2 on it with 1 other mod. I am actually looking for help with the mods on the other 2 pieces and the Jewels. Should I just go with HPI 5 SI 8 MI 8? or should I put MR 2 on both pieces and the bracelet? Would then have MR 6 if I put the 2 on my Bracelet. any help would be appreciated.

Lorax_Pacific

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Also, if you use a MR calculator with no meditation, focus, and non-meddable armor the mods are wasted imbuing or weight intensities because they weigh a large amount for little gain like less than 0.7 MR per second. The 100 points of MR2 would have been better to use 7 LMC most likely. For instance, say the mana cost of feint is 30 and 7 LMC gives around a savings of 2.1 mana compared with a gain of 0.4 mana from MR2. If swings are 1.25s then 2.1/1.25s = 1.68 mana savings per second, which is four times the weight benefit.

Go with resistances, SI, LMC (after 50 MI), MI, and then HPI. I think the priority order depends on what your fighting, style, and weapon special move mana cost or mana cost penalty compensation.

-Lorax

J

jaashua

I think most people would love some MR. But it is probably the 4th to 5th best property for a suit and you just don't have room for all those properties and still manage to get all 70's. You're better off finding some other way to keep your mana recharged.

Stamina affects swing speed, which is why so many warrior templates include it.

Farsight

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Kim Li, while blunt, has it exactly.

If you're leeching mana with every hit, you don't need mana regeneration.

REEFHAWK1969

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Thank you each for your reply. I really liked the explanation by Lorax. Thanks soo much. Have a great day

ohmyGED

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Depending on how your Sampire is built, and what you are fighting, Mana Regeneration can be extremely useful....I.E --- no HCI on suit due to Lightning Strike spam and you have zero Resisting Spells. You are Mana Drained trying to hit a boss.....Getting 3 mana back so you can LS again is crucial.

J

[JD]

im running 11 mana regen on my sampire, but only because i anticipated pvp every now and then. i dont think you leech much from players, so its important to be able to regen. but against monsters only you just don't need it. so it really depends on your application.

Madrid

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Mana Leech is not guaranteed.

Anything who thinks MR isn't required on a sampire is clueless.:dunce:

You don't need alot but you need some for sure.

You can get 2 from a Conjurer Garb. 2 from a Dark Sapphire Bracelet and 2-3 depending on what type of Chest Piece your wearing or choose to craft.

I think somewhere in the range of 6-8 is optimal for a well balanced suit.

Lorax_Pacific

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Mana Leech is not guaranteed.

Anything who thinks MR isn't required on a sampire is clueless.:dunce:

You don't need alot but you need some for sure.

You can get 2 from a Conjurer Garb. 2 from a Dark Sapphire Bracelet and 2-3 depending on what type of Chest Piece your wearing or choose to craft.

I think somewhere in the range of 6-8 is optimal for a well balanced suit.
I guess I'm the clueless one you have pointed to in the class. I just used the MR calculator for the 8 MR you suggest.

0 med
0 focus
50 int (swag)
8 MR

passive 0.85 mps
active 0.98 mps
non-med 0.72 mps

For 8 MR it would take 42 seconds or 34 swing times to reach the mana cost of one special move.

It would take 16 MR to get to passive, active, or non-meddable to reach 1 mps assuming no one has med or focus. To get one special move mana cost would require 30 seconds (30 mana) which is the time it takes for 24 swings.

Teach on...

-Lorax

Madrid

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
That's right...

Every 2 seconds I'll be gaining 1 MR coupled with my 40 LMC and I can keep a steady pace as well as regroup and re-engage when all hell breaks loose.:thumbsup:

I suppose you advocate 0 LMC as well? Not to get away from the MR subject but given your school of thought it would suprise me if you advocated the one and not the other.

I wonder how long it takes you to regroup when your seeing Monochrome and all that's between you and your corpse is a 160.:pancakes:

Sometimes 1 or 2 MR are what prevents you from being able to cast that spell or special move that is going to determine whether or not you live.

1 MR per 2 seconds may seem trivial to you when you run it through a calculator.

Where it counts is out on the battlefield when your taking damage, casting spells, and getting leeched.

Virtually every template in the game is mana intensive and that includes the Sampire especially if you want to be a world beater.

With 0 MR your not going to be pushing the envelope and there are a few spawns I doubt whether or not you'd be able to solo at all without some MR.

Your essentially advocate sitting out with your $#% in your hand without having a decent amount of MR.

Your entitled to your opinion about MR, and I'm entitled to think it's a **** poor one.

Klapauc

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I think the real problem with Mr is its hard to fit on a suit. Yes its possible to get 6 - 10 MR on an enhanced after imbued woodland suit and elf char. Easy here.

But MR should go on suit after reaching a sufficient amount of mana, stamina, dci, hci , 25 hpi and 40 lmc. Thats hard to do, and i still see a lot of sampires that dont have these suits or just refuse to be an elf.

That said, if one expects to get into pvp situations alot, i would sacrifice something else and try to get at least 8 - 10 MR.

In pvm you will get into situations where your best option is to run for a while. Or sometimes you can deal only very low damage for whatever reason. MR helps in both cases.

For recovery after death, one could carry a special cheap suit with lots of mr, lmc, and med and focus on jewelry. EC makes it easy to swap suits around.

Lynk

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
As usual I agree with Lorax and disagree with Madrid.

Is MR useless? No it's not. The only argument he made that had any merit was the one about getting mana back after you've died already. I'd rather just not die in the first place.

There are other mods that I would much rather have over MR.

Gorbs

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
That's right...
Do you recall what mods you did not add to your suit in favor of having MR? I'm asking about the 6 armor and 2 jewels you wear when actually in combat. Having a few pieces of MR2, LRC20 to get back into form after a death doesn't cost anything against your combat suit, so I agree you would simply be thrifty not to have them for only that purpose.

Picus at the office

Certifiable
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I don't run any MR on my sampire suits and have never had a issue. I do carry insured a faction orni and crys ring along side with a corgul book for the mana regen/lrc for if I die. This said I've never had a issue on my guys but I do run resist which I do not understand why one would not. I've said before that the idea of a sampire is not to kill quickly but it is to kill and not be killed.

L

Lord GOD(GOD)

I have both because I play my sampires as either Humans or Gargoyles. The DPS compared to an Elf will always be the same or better on a Human or Gargoyle, but I get base regens from JOAT or Mystic Insight as well.

Thunderz

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
MR and LMC?

What are they....? LOL

With a simple sampire build i can solo anything [aside from mel] with no trouble with mana or anything, the only spell i cast is EoO [and thats every 3 minutes], i dont bother with LS or specials i just watch tv while my char solo's the bosses.

Come back and loot the goods. The only special i do use is feint and that lasts 8 seconds wich is plenty of time to leech mana and wait for the cool down on specials.

To need MR or LMC you must be a really **** player or havent built your suit and skills right, along with making the right wepon for the right job......!

Thunderz

J

[JD]

THUNDERZ has spoken! Lmao :)

I imbued two MR2's on my suit, I have +19 HP, so I suppose I gave up some HP's, or overcapping poison to be corpse skin proof, or overcapping phys to run protection.

The rest of my MR2 is coming from racial Garg bonus, Conjurer's Garb, and vampire form, totaling 11 MR.

Klapauc

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
*points to Thunderz' post*

*gets some popcorn* :popcorn:

*waits impatiently for the videos he will be asked for*

Obsidian

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
My sampires run with 40 LMC and 0 MR. If they have any, it is a bonus mod from something like a Conjurer's Garb. With 50 HML on your weapon you will leech enough mana to cast EOO, CW, LS, feint, and even several successive AIs without running out of mana.

You don't need 40 LMC, but I found a way to fit it into my suit and I really like it to help with mana conservation. In my book, LMC falls after (in order of priority) all 70s in form, Stamina increase, 45 DCI, Hit point increase, and some Mana increase, 40+ HCI. Then I try to fit in LMC after those mods. MR doesn't make the list.

-OBSIDIAN-

Thunderz

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
*points to Thunderz' post*

*gets some popcorn* :popcorn:

*waits impatiently for the videos he will be asked for*
If you know how to make videos ill happliy take you through any peerless, you film it while i watch tv :)

Oh and you can collect the damn keys...! Thats what puts me off peereless these days "KEY COLLECTING IS BORING"

Thunderz

Klapauc

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
If you know how to make videos ill happliy take you through any peerless, you film it while i watch tv :)

Oh and you can collect the damn keys...! Thats what puts me off peereless these days "KEY COLLECTING IS BORING"

Thunderz
The goal of a sampire is to kill big mobs or to kill lesser mobs very fast and that without dying or help. There are many different ways to achieve this, both in template and suit building.

You did make a rather strong post before. Maybe its not wise to call other players **** just because they follow another path of thinking than yours.
Also, you do run a rather expensive suit on your sampie, other people did spend perhaps 10% or less. If they reach the same goal with that, are they **** ?

Thunderz

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The goal of a sampire is to kill big mobs or to kill lesser mobs very fast and that without dying or help. There are many different ways to achieve this, both in template and suit building.

You did make a rather strong post before. Maybe its not wise to call other players **** just because they follow another path of thinking than yours.
Also, you do run a rather expensive suit on your sampie, other people did spend perhaps 10% or less. If they reach the same goal with that, are they **** ?
I didnt mean it offensively, i ment it in a comical way.

I hadent slept for 36 hours and iv been spending all week revising for exams. Sorry if you took it offensively, i ment it in a jokingly way.

I still dont understand people though who wack 40LMC on there suite instead of other mods, i like to be able to encounter a boss and go afk, watch tv for 10 mins rather than stand there spamming spels or specials just to kill it in 8 minutes :D

Thunderz

Delbrie

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I didnt mean it offensively, i ment it in a comical way.

I hadent slept for 36 hours and iv been spending all week revising for exams. Sorry if you took it offensively, i ment it in a jokingly way.

I still dont understand people though who wack 40LMC on there suite instead of other mods, i like to be able to encounter a boss and go afk, watch tv for 10 mins rather than stand there spamming spels or specials just to kill it in 8 minutes :D

Thunderz
So whe you solo slasher do you have to come back every 10 minutes to get rezed? or do you wait for commercials?