• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Why limited guild warfare possibilities in Trammel?

• Thread starter imported_Hawkeye_Pike
  • Start date
  • Watchers 0
I

imported_Hawkeye_Pike

Hi all,

the possibilities of combat in Trammel between highlighted people (of the same guild or of enemy guilds) are very limited: All attacks dealing area damage do not work (like Explosion Potions, Conflagration Potions, Wither, Chainlightning, Meteor Storm, etc.). This reduces the possibilities of combat tactics quite a lot!

To my understanding, this rule is meant to prevent that in a battle people are accidentally harmed (I cannot think of another reason). In my opinion, this rule is very limiting, not useful and should be abolished. Warfare between guilds is slowly dying, and such rules are partly responsible for this. I think limiting the players' freedoms too much spoils the fun of the game immensely.

Dear UO Development Team, can this please be considered?

Hawkeye Pike
(who is trying to organize large guild battles on Catskills, and despairs of the Trammel ruleset)

I

imported_GalenKnighthawke

I've seen area effects work on oranges.

Did they change something? Because I know for a fact that they USED to work. A bizarre incident involving an area effect of some kind (unjustly) cost my character Galen his position in the Royal Guard some years back.

-Galen's player

I

imported_Hawkeye_Pike

I guess I have to test it with orange highlighted people once more...

G

I've certainly been damaged by an orange's greater conflag, many times before now.
I believe AoE effects don't affect greens, though.

I

imported_GalenKnighthawke

<blockquote><hr>

I've certainly been damaged by an orange's greater conflag, many times before now.
I believe AoE effects don't affect greens, though.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's right; they don't hit greens (guildmates, alliancemates) at all.

Nor other blues in Felucca.

-Galen's player

I

imported_Traveller

Indeed. But that's not a trammel restriction. Wherever you are area effects do not hit greens, and if you are blue they do nothit other blues, either.

I

imported_Desolation87

<blockquote><hr>

...the possibilities of combat in Trammel between highlighted people (of the same guild or of enemy guilds)...

[/ QUOTE ]

Imagine, in trammel trying to fight a DF with all his spawn or being surrounded by some other enermies. You look sure to die... but oh wait!! A guildie! Here to save you. The guildie casts an area affect to try and hurt as many of the surronding spawn as possible and, oh wait your dead...

A

Asmodai/Embryo

This rule applies to reds too, and rightly so... when holding despise bridge for example, it would be rediculous to wither and attack a guild mate!

Go play in felluca for a bit more flexibility, that's what it's there for!

G

This teaches people not to work effectively in cooperation.

Many many years ago on the road to the Terr Keep I was baiting ophids at the first turn and luring them into my BS(being the lowly mage that I was) when along comes my Guildmaster.

Well he was responding to a distress call, because as sound as my plan sounds folks could attack the BS and grey me, then kill me, which, I'm sure, was a good laugh for them and educational to me.

Anywho, here comes Aragorn to effect a rez and after a bit of chatting and a kind return of some reagents, I cast the BS again for being stubborn or stupid, and low and behold it goes spinning off after my resucer who was a four x gm mage. And he is hollering at me the whole time to stop and dispel, then turns and flees as the spinning instrument of death bears down on him in pursuit.

A very short while later I started receiving some very interesting "pigeons" as we used to call instant messages, and was approached by a ghostly form named Aragorn. It was the first time in my UO career I was really glad that I could have no idea what "OOOooooOooOoOOOo" really meant.

All that to say, for those who think the game has not changed for the better over the years, that I am glad, now that I am a GM myself, that I do not have to worry about recruits killing me while performing their own trial and error experiments with their templates. Although, I guess we are missing out on some possible "shared experience" stories like the one above. You know, the kind people laugh about and ask for at gatherings and such. I will say, that one got shared regularly as I progressed through the guilds infrastructure. *sigh*