• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Why Is Velocity Still Broken? Any Fix Date?

D

Daulphyne

I have tested velocity on bows many times, all with the same result - it does not do any actual damage to the target - despite hit spell damage appearing above target's character.

While the most recent patch remedied the spelling of "Velocity" when the hit spell strikes, when can we expect the damage to be actually done?

Many thanks.

D

Daulphyne

*Bump*

This seems like a pretty big issue ... I have reported it as a bug to UO many times, still no reply.

D

Daulphyne

Seems kind of silly that the patch to be released soon fixes the spelling of "Velocity" when the hit spell strikes ... but velocity DOES STILL NOT WORK!

Not to sound demanding, but ... developers, please respond to me?

L

Lord_Deimos

Seems kind of silly that the patch to be released soon fixes the spelling of "Velocity" when the hit spell strikes ... but velocity DOES STILL NOT WORK!

Not to sound demanding, but ... developers, please respond to me?

Works fine for me

Winker

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
works on my bows too. Cound dammage above the targets head then ask the taget to tell you how much was taken off their health bar? Easy and its working fine for me

D

Daulphyne

works on my bows too. Cound dammage above the targets head then ask the taget to tell you how much was taken off their health bar? Easy and its working fine for me
The numbers may appear above the target ... but get them to open their health bar and count the damage done. Do an armour ignore ... which should do 35 damage on its own, wait for velocity to strike - which should do 9 r more dmg ... you will clearly see that only 35 damage is done ... not 35 + velocity strike.

I have tested it many times.

It does NOT work.

Omnicron

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Ahh imagine, Velocity + Armor Ignore + Quiver of Rage + Hit spell = ouchies! I need to play a gimpy archer.

D

Daulphyne

It would be nice if someone from UO dev side of things would pls respond to this post.

:)

G

Googly

Would be more nice if they just ousted Velocity and Balanced all-together.

I don't see any balanced axes out there.

D

Daulphyne

*Bump*

Still waiting for someone from UO to address this issue. Thanks.

E

Ericge99

MMMmmm, That's a very interesting point, as I play an archer and having seen the extra damage above the initial damage done .. one always thought it was combined. Ok, Dev's can we pls have an answer. Otherwise, why use this bow?

R

Rama21

Would be more nice if they just ousted Velocity and Balanced all-together.

I don't see any balanced axes out there.
The difference is, if you are using an axe that means you have swords and you CAN use a one handed weapon if you want to. Archers don’t have a choice unless they can find a good balanced bow.

F

Fayled Dhreams

hmmmm

KB

QUESTION
What is the Velocity weapon property?

Answer

The Velocity property on a bow weapon is the percentage of the chance that weapon will do additional damage based on the attacker's distance from its target.

The further the attacker is from the target, the more additional damage will be dealt. The closer you are, the less additional damage will be dealt. Your bow will always do the same base damage, but the additional Velocity bonus (displayed as a second number above the target's head, much like Hit Lightning is) will change based on your distance from the target.

OP says:

I have tested velocity on bows many times, all with the same result - it does not do any actual damage to the target - despite hit spell damage appearing above target's character.

While the most recent patch remedied the spelling of "Velocity" when the hit spell strikes, when can we expect the damage to be actually done?
The numbers may appear above the target ... but get them to open their health bar and count the damage done. Do an armour ignore ... which should do 35 damage on its own, wait for velocity to strike - which should do 9 r more dmg ... you will clearly see that only 35 damage is done ... not 35 + velocity strike.

I have tested it many times.

It does NOT work.
1 problem ... with "but get them to open their health bar" ...
beg as I might ... the silly balron will not comply

'Nother problem ... saying you tested it ... and publishing your parameters/results
different things in the hall ...

'Nother problem ... stating that : " ... should do 9 r more dmg ..."
is derived HOW? ... from the "floating number" ?

might be
... since the DAMAGE TYPE ... of a velocity strike ... is unknown(and increases supposedly WITH distance) ... that the DAMAGE TYPE is the floating number ...
and NO EFFECT (damage taken) shows on a char health bar/status gump ... cause their resists ARE > (greater than) the 9 r more dmg

Need to publish your test parameters and results ...

Mainly because ... my "velocity bow" ... has a duplicate without velocity ...
currently ... without testing or target parameters ...
It FEELS like the velocity bow kills faster

So ... :popcorn:

D

Daulphyne

Let me put this simply ....

Using a 50 velocity bow (which is what i tested with) or a bow with high velocity on it ... do the following:

1) Armour ignore another player (so they can open up their health bar to calculate damage done) ... this move does a flat and consistent 35 points of damage.

2) Get the player being hit to read out damage done every Armour Ignore you execute on him/her ... easy enough - if they have 120 hit points, get them to read out to you exactly how many hit points they are left with after you Armour Ignore them.

3) Note how many times velocity strikes your target ....

By following steps 1,2 and 3 above ... you will conclude that each time you Armour Ignore the player ... a consistent 35 points of damage is done EACH and EVERY time - despite whether the Velocity hit spell goes off or not.

Simple enough conclusion that velocity as a hit spell in fact does NO damage to a target?

VELOCITY IS BROKEN!

I rest my case ...

Lynk

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I tested.. works fine for me. Maybe the person you tested it on had high HPR?

J

Jeremy

QA has confirmed - yes, it's definitely broken, and it's on our list of things to fix. I don't have a specific ETA yet, though.

PlayerSkillFTW

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Ever been hit with a Double Shot from a Yumi that has both Velocity and Lightning when Velocity still worked? Hurts like hell. Double Shot is different from the Repeater's Double Strike because with Double Strike, 1 Bolt can hit while the other misses, which still consumes Mana, where the Double Shot either misses or both Arrows hit, missing doesn't consume Mana.
Plus the Yumi has Armor Pierce, which is different from Armor Ignore because Armor Pierce consider's the victim at half his Physical Resist, so basically 35 Physical Resist, and there's no cap on the damage it can do. An Armor Pierce from a high Dam Inc Yumi can easily do more damage than a Armor Ignore, add hit effect and/or Velocity to that, and they hit hard as hell too.

ColterDC

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The difference is, if you are using an axe that means you have swords and you CAN use a one handed weapon if you want to. Archers don’t have a choice unless they can find a good balanced bow.
That is a lame excuse for 1 class having 2 "bonus" properties on their weapons that no other class can get.

Especially considering Archery already has the bonus over melee in that they don't have to be next to their target to do damage. When can I start throwing my axes at people from 8 tiles away?

The Velocity and Balanced properties should either be added to all 2 handed weapons or removed from the bows.

PlayerSkillFTW

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Not to mention that with a X-Bow or Heavy X-Bow, a Archer can do more damage than a GM LJ Swordsman with an Ornate Axe, despite the fact that the Swordsmen spent an extra 100.0 Skillpoints just for more damage.

D

Daulphyne

Many. many thanks Jeremy for the clarification.

At least it will be fixed :)

Phew!