• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Why is my Game so quite?

VinnySP

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Everything was fine before but since last week, maybe longer, nothing....
My guildy has said the same thing on his CC. All sounds, footsteps and music are turn on and turned up. i dont know what else to do!
really hard to play the game like this

popps

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Everything was fine before but since last week, maybe longer, nothing....
My guildy has said the same thing on his CC. All sounds, footsteps and music are turn on and turned up. i dont know what else to do!
really hard to play the game like this
If you are using the Classic Client, check this out Classic Client Options Menu – Ultima Online

In particular, you can adjust sounds and music loudness with this Gump

ShriNayne

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
I think he already said it's all turned on and up. Maybe check the windows sound mixer on the desktop?

John Knighthawke

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Restart computer if you haven't. (You'd be surprised how often this works to resolve sound issues. It's dumb but it works.)

Check volume settings on the computer. (The "Mixer" referred to by ShariNayne.) Depending on what Operating System and sound software you have depends on what options you see. (It might name UO specifically if you have UO running, it might just have a bunch of options that don't seem to mean anything, then you just look for something that's turned down.)

Turn UO volume off and down, then restart client, and turn it on and up again, then restart client (unless sound just pops back on).

After that it becomes about checking devices and drivers, which can be a pain.

Good luck.

-John's player

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I find Windows 10 likes to fiddle with my volume settings.... it's forever turning volumes to 0 or 1 ... I don't know how many times I've had to turn up discord, Windows volume is almost always at 0 when I look... like it doesn't want me to know when it's broken and not working or something... I can't hear the error bleeps... I find it turns UO WAY down too...

ShriNayne

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
My cats like to mess with settings for everything, no idea how they got so smart....:eek:

Tyrath

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Having the same problem on some characters and other character no problems at all. The settings are the same across the board on all of the characters. No idea why some are deaf and others hear just fine. Don't have any solutions just saying yer not alone.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Just on rebooting my PC windows f'd up my sounds again... Had to reset the surround sound and all because it switched it to another speaker system which is turned off... so I'm wondering why I can't hear anything and checked it and sure enough, had to go in and reset everything again.

Victim of Siege

Grand Poobah
Governor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Having the same problem on some characters and other character no problems at all. The settings are the same across the board on all of the characters. No idea why some are deaf and others hear just fine. Don't have any solutions just saying yer not alone.
Are you sayin the voices in yer head have different volumes?

Tyrath

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Are you sayin the voices in yer head have different volumes?
Yes they really are :) One character has NOTHING, another character Sound like its in a echo chamber and another only has sound in one out of 5 speakers. The rest work normally.

Of course my issues could be largely from my $199 HP bargain bin walmart special computer that I got after my last good computer caught on fire LOL. I need to break down and go to town and have Lucy at the shop build me another high end custom rig. ............ Of course if I get another $7,000 rig that will have Dee DEEP into my ears for a solid 6 months :)

Last edited:

Victim of Siege

Grand Poobah
Governor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Yes they really are :) One character has NOTHING, another character Sound like its in a echo chamber and another only has sound in one out of 5 speakers. The rest work normally.

Of course my issues could be largely from my $199 HP bargain bin walmart special computer that I got after my last good computer caught on fire LOL. I need to break down and go to town and have Lucy at the shop build me another high end custom rig. ............ Of course if I get another $7,000 rig that will have Dee DEEP into my ears for a solid 6 months :)
I think she’ll be a lil further south with her deepness, just sayin . . .

Tyrath

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I think she’ll be a lil further south with her deepness, just sayin . . .
I am thinking the only thing that would remain of poor Mike would be a charred little cinder........ I am still getting roasted 5 years later for dropping 20k on that sawmill LOL and it has actually saved us around 70k in lumber. A high end computer on the other hand is a net loss no matter how I spin it :)

Ezekiel Zane

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'm having the same issue.

I have every character's sound volume at 100/50.
I always keep my computers volume at 75%
Usually at around 30-40% speaker volume is plenty good sound.

Recently I noticed some characters were quieter than others. I'll turn up the speakers to 60-75% to hear the same sound levels as before.

Something has definitely changed somewhere.

morPR

PRmeister
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I swear I'm not a troll. Quite what? Or did the OP mean Quiet? No offense but I see this misspelling all over the internet ....

VinnySP

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
something must have changed with a patch, im running windows 10 and had to change the speaker settings from 5.0 to quadrophonic and it worked for all chars!!!! Thank to my guildy that figured it out and was having the same issue. Hope it helps you all as well.