• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

why is my character constantly getting mind rotted, losing resists and it never wears off?

Spellbound

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
The wiki shows it will affect increase mana used and a short duration depending on resist skill. It doesn't state any changes to a player's resists. I am an elf mage-weaver-tamer with some minimal mysticism for stone form. My normal resists are 70/70/70/70/75 in gear and with protect spell active. When I am MR'ed, it shows on my bar and my resists change to 60/60/60/60/65. It never wears off until I use a remove curse talisman, die, or can eat an enchanted apple. Seconds later I will be MR'ed again. Changing servers and relogging doesn't fix my resists either.

I am starting to hoard remove curse tallies, but they are a pain to utilize during battle and have a 1200 second recharge timer! Is this normal to lose resists from mind rot and never have it wear off even when the offensive monster has been dead for eons? This has been "bugging" my character for years.

drcossack

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The wiki shows it will affect increase mana used and a short duration depending on resist skill. It doesn't state any changes to a player's resists. I am an elf mage-weaver-tamer with some minimal mysticism for stone form. My normal resists are 70/70/70/70/75 in gear and with protect spell active. When I am MR'ed, it shows on my bar and my resists change to 60/60/60/60/65. It never wears off until I use a remove curse talisman, die, or can eat an enchanted apple. Seconds later I will be MR'ed again. Changing servers and relogging doesn't fix my resists either.

I am starting to hoard remove curse tallies, but they are a pain to utilize during battle and have a 1200 second recharge timer! Is this normal to lose resists from mind rot and never have it wear off even when the offensive monster has been dead for eons? This has been "bugging" my character for years.
Crimson Dragons (?) and the Slasher use a special Mind Rot, which lasts until you log back in. You generally only see this at EM Events though. Your resists dropping sounds like the Curse spell - some monsters are capable of dropping your resists with it.

Spellbound

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Crimson Dragons (?) and the Slasher use a special Mind Rot, which lasts until you log back in. You generally only see this at EM Events though. Your resists dropping sounds like the Curse spell - some monsters are capable of dropping your resists with it.
Your explanation seems spot on. That resist dropping curse doesn't show on the bar (in classic client) as a debuff like the mind rot does. It is strange friends mages don't seem to be afflicted as often with this spell as my character. They don't get hit with the resist debuff either.

PlayerSkillFTW

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
The Stygian Dragon also uses that Mind Rot ability. If you enter his screen when he's active, or run off the screen and back again, you'll get hit by his Paralyzing Fear effect, which also applies that long lasting Mind Rot effect.

Slayvite

Crazed Zealot
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Dont forget that Protection also lowers your Spell Resistance by 34% while active ;)

Spellbound

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Really wish it was a timed effect versus nearly never ending.

It Lives

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You can have remove curse cast on you, a talisman and eating an enchanted apple works too. If all that fails log out and back in. Pay A cook and help the uo economy.