• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Why is Ivan Following me????

Larisa

Publishing Manager, Stratics Leadership
Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
This just started today...has this happened to anyone else?

I recalled to Deceit earlier today and noticed Ivan the Collector of Oddities at the entrance....which is...odd!

Then I walked into the dungeon...and he followed me inside!

IVAN.jpg
Creeped me out!

So....I decided to gate into level 4 to get away from him....

HE FOLLOWE ME THROUGH THE GATE!!!!

IVANAG.jpg

1604540020337.png

So..I left him down there....recalled out...recalled back and HE WAS BACK AT THE ENTRANCE!

1604540134082.png

I thought Halloween was over! ;)

Larisa

Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Funny thing is....it's only on my human tamer....

I went on my gargoyle tamer...he's not there....

NoIvan.jpg

Went home, got back on my Human tamer...

1604543973217.png

This is the same character that first started hearing voices during the blackrock fiasco....she's been a little...odd...ever since lol.

Mene (DF)

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
@Larisa

Maybe the Devs take you again as a guinea pig? *G* Sounds they started this for testing on Origin Shard : From the Newsletter #2

1604566984716.png

This guy in front of the dungeon for the trading of the armorparts of the Three looks different - He's a trader of... meanwhile you were follewed by a "Collector of Oddities" - that's a little difference :)
1604567340550.png

Tell us more if you notice more Larisa :) Maybe this could finally be a sign for the Dark Forest Event.

Last edited:

Chrille

Sage
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Glorious Lord
Ivan is the vendor at the lyceum selling remove trap training gadgets and the zippy key, dont know how you got him to follow you but its a nice service to always have a vendor to buy from everywhere.

Danpal

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Maybe a Dev or a EM was messing with you. I know back in the day they would do stuff like that.

Larisa

Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
So I went to Moonglow this morning just to check on Ivan....he's been replaced by Webster and Ivan is no longer in Deceit.

I think server restart fixed things! Thankfully...I was beginning to get a bit paranoid!

1604587145715.png

Danpal

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I still think it was a dev or a em playing a trick on you. I remeber them doing stuff like that in the past

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Ivan is the vendor at the lyceum selling remove trap training gadgets and the zippy key, dont know how you got him to follow you but its a nice service to always have a vendor to buy from everywhere.
Exactly. Go do it again and grab some NPCs that give BODs! @Larisa

We have an NPC tailor on the roof in Trinsic on LS. Can you talk him down so we can use him?

Larisa

Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
I shall try! I actually tried gating Webster to my house....it didn't work *sighs*

@Pawain I had a talk with them...

1604621134475.png

Not sure if it will help or not ;)