• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Carpentry] Why is it in the Carpenter's menu

• Thread starter Lord Drakelord
  • Start date
  • Watchers 0
L

Lord Drakelord

it requires 75 skill in tailoring to make a normal bed but the elven beds do not? Yet Both beds require cloth and wood to make the bed deeds?

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Because the ML designers weren't using their dipstick!!!!

(sorry, that's a US motor oil commercial reference, for those overseas)

But, seriously. Almost everything that, in its human form, required Carpentry and other skills, only requires carpentry (masonry, for the anvils) in their ML Elven versions.

Beds, forges & anvils, etc.

About the only thing right off the top of my head that requires tailoring in ML that did so in its original form was the Elven Spinning Wheel (and for the life of me, I can't figure out why EITHER should require tailoring, unless one uses the excuse that the carpenter needs to know intimately about the spinning process to make them)

L

Lord Drakelord

just seems wrong that one bed requires so much skill in tailor [and has for years] and the other does not. They really need to look at this and do something to make them the same requirements.