• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

(OT) Why I have not been playing.

AEowynSP

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ok back when I was 13 or so I was on vacation with my family and I met a boy and we kinda dated over the summer. Also several months of phone calls and letters after the summer was over but since we lived so far apart things tapered off and we lost touch.
Over 20 years later he finds me on myspace and we resume talking on the phone and exchanging e-mails.

He finally convinced me to let him come visit and so he flew out from North Carolina to stay with me for a week....I am now flying to NC to hopefully live happily ever after.

Love is such a weird thing.

AEowynSP

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Indeed!
By the way can you PM me your blog address again please I got my new computer up and running but have not been able to drag the old files and bookmarks off my old one yet.
Got your PHD yet?

QueenZen

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
hmm I dun know about this missy.... :) he will have to meet with my approval. Jk. Aye love is strange or whatevers. Congrats.

May the fates smile upon ye both ! :)

AEowynSP

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
@QZ I already ran him by my best friend and her parents who are like a second family to me and Jehovas witnesees (dad is an elder no less) I made sure the men got a chance to talk....errm made sure my friends dad got a chance to grill him. My dogs adored him as well.

@ Wulf ..He is already here.

@Skylark He has 2 cats and I hate cats.

For all the noobs who don't know me "that" is my dog a 110lb dane and cattle dog mix.

A

archite666

Ok back when I was 13 or so I was on vacation with my family and I met a boy and we kinda dated over the summer. Also several months of phone calls and letters after the summer was over but since we lived so far apart things tapered off and we lost touch.
Over 20 years later he finds me on myspace and we resume talking on the phone and exchanging e-mails.

He finally convinced me to let him come visit and so he flew out from North Carolina to stay with me for a week....I am now flying to NC to hopefully live happily ever after.

Love is such a weird thing.

but your a lesbian!

Lesbian don't date guys!

..... I think......

QueenZen

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

:) I see this dog of yours has birthed, a cute black & white, um... strange lookin puppy. :):lol:

AEowynSP

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

but your a lesbian!

Lesbian don't date guys!

..... I think......
No dear I happen to like both but have been ...off the market for a .....ok several years. Bahhh in fact till this guy came along.

Tjalle

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
:)

Best wishes to you both, AEowyn!

Arradin

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
No dear I happen to like both but have been ...off the market for a .....ok several years. Bahhh in fact till this guy came along.
The perfect excuse to get internet guys off your back eh? ;)

or so you think! :D

Anyway, thats an amazing piece of fairytale story there, i just want to hear the " And they lived happily ever after " ;)

Good luck ! as if you need it !

AEowynSP

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ok now it get's worse/more weird. The kids flash game site I play is now running tourisim adds for the town he lives in. Never seen any other banner adds except for online mmos and console/pc games. The add also popped up on ICHC recently.

16 days and counting!

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
Congrats, I hope it will last forever. Nothing better than being in love.

Wulf2k

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The kids flash game site I play is now running tourisim adds for the town he lives in.
Welcome to the world of creepy online targeted advertising.

IT PUTS THE SEARCH TERMS IN THE BASKET OR IT GETS THE HOSE AGAIN!

Raptor85

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yeah, you probably looked the name up, and now every advertiser that works with that search engine has the information that you looked up that town. The must haves for browsing the internet...

NoScript: https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/722/
Adblock Plus: https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/1865/

These two alone will pretty much completely eliminate websites ability to track you (it's generally done with cross site scripting to the google or yahoo services), and you'll quickly forget that the internet even has ads :) Hell, right now, while making this post, on the reply page it's blocking scripts from googleadservices.com and google-analytics.com

AEowynSP

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Congrats, I hope it will last forever. Nothing better than being in love.

ditto from me. Ain't it grand to find love unexpectedly?
Been here 3 days and life could not be more wonderfull.
Nothing like having him pull out letters I sent him back in the 80s that were stored in a box with his old military stuff and things from his daughter.

UO is being dificult on his new computer so I will have to wait for my friend to ship me my computer.

Wulf2k

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Nothing like having him pull out letters I sent him back in the 80s that were stored in a box with his old military stuff and things from his daughter.
Yet when I pull out letters you sent him in the 80s and stuff from his daughter, it's considered creepy. Damn society, make up your mind!

Good to hear things are going well.

The Cheapsuit

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Don't know why everyone is giving this lady their seal of approval. She let some guy she really don't even know anymore come stay with her for a week and do God only knows what with/to him. Then after only one week of doing God only knows what she's already talking about marriage? Does this not seem strange to anyone but me? Has society changed that much in the rest of the world? Down here in the Dirty South this is a recipe for disaster. But oh well congrats I guess.

T

Tazar

Reminds me of two friends of mine...

His dad was in the military stationed in Hawaii when he was born...

Her family was on vacation in Hawaii when she was born...

They were both born in the same hospital on the same day...

22 years later - they met and were married within a month...

12 years (and 3 kids) later they are still happily married.

It seems some things are just meant to be.

nightstalker22

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Don't know why everyone is giving this lady their seal of approval. She let some guy she really don't even know anymore come stay with her for a week and do God only knows what with/to him. Then after only one week of doing God only knows what she's already talking about marriage? Does this not seem strange to anyone but me? Has society changed that much in the rest of the world? Down here in the Dirty South this is a recipe for disaster. But oh well congrats I guess.
I don't care what people do as long as it doesn't end up costing me ( taxpayers ) money. Flights of Fancy that end up in divorce with welfare and child support are not my idea of a good time.

Reckless abandon costs society money. Hopefully things work out, but if not, we will all pay for it in the end.

Having said all this, I say, "Congratulations, and good luck!" :)

( don't cost me any more money or I'll PK you ):thumbup1:

B

Black magick

****'s different up north man. This kind of thing is a hell of a lot "safer" up there...

Chardonnay

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
In the "dirty south" everyone is related to each other so it's very safe...just not safe to have kids...:lol:

Critical Gaming

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
One of my cousins met/married some dude who was supposedly a marine and had all this land and a ranch down south. He even had some marines come to his wedding.

Turns out he was never a marine, doesn't have any land, and ran her in debt six figures then disappeared.

>_<

Wulf2k

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I wasn't aware she desired or required our seal of approval. We're all a bunch of adults here (...run with this thought for a moment...) and anything we choose to share on this forum is more a statement of intent than seeking approval.

As such, nothing we say or do will affect her choices in the least, so the only thing we can say that will matter is that we wish her the best, which I honestly do. So what if it doesn't match up with your preconceived notions of normality? You only get one life, do with it whatever makes you happy, random people on a message board be damned.

The Cheapsuit

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I wasn't aware she desired or required our seal of approval. We're all a bunch of adults here (...run with this thought for a moment...) and anything we choose to share on this forum is more a statement of intent than seeking approval.

As such, nothing we say or do will affect her choices in the least, so the only thing we can say that will matter is that we wish her the best, which I honestly do. So what if it doesn't match up with your preconceived notions of normality? You only get one life, do with it whatever makes you happy, random people on a message board be damned.
I can appreciate that. Point made.

AEowynSP

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Marrage? Where is that mentioned? I asume north carolina is the dirty south since that is where I am, but it is far from a disaster.
As far as not knowing him anymore we have been talking on the phone and e-mailing for years.
To address the question of children I hate kids and can't have any so the point is mute.
Nope I don't need the approval of an online community but I did want to share.
I hope I can get back in game soon.