• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Why have FC 3 if you have no equipment on with FC -1?

Silent Singer

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Continuing to learn about PvP builds, back with another question. Last night we were fighting and I mentioned that as soon as I could sign up for the town bonus in Vesper I would have FC 3, but someone told me that mage and necro were capped at FC 2. Looking into it, that does seem to be the case if UO Guide is correct.

If my mage weapon does not have the -1 FC penalty on it, and I have FC 2 from my jewels already, what is the benefit of using my town bonus for that extra FC (pushing me up to FC 3)? I will only be using mage / necro / possibly mystic spells for the time being (no chiv or weaving).

Thanks all for the help here and in discord!

Freelsy

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It was probably mentioned so you can further alter your suit to allow for better jewels. Instead of needing two 1/3 jewels, you could run a 0/3 which frees up a property so yiu could get extra stats or something.

Max Blackoak

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
always worth having it and being able to run cheaper gear. basically you can save yourself one fc1 imbue which will make your suit about 100k cheaper. You get to save it either on the jewellery, or on the mage weapon or on a shield, whichever applies to your template and suit.
And another aspect: is there a trade deal that would be helping you more with your set up? The 5 sdi one comes to mind but honestly I never had trouble maxing out sdi on a caster (PvP cap is pretty low) and it's cheaper than fc1 because it can be imbued without special ingredients and has lower imbuing weight.
I doubt you'll find the 5 ssi worth having on your caster, same goes for the 5 hci one.
So really the fc1 trade deal is what you should be running and building your suit around along with your blessed item.

Zoogi

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Yoo hummiez iz crazy buildin yooz sootz aroun uh town buff. Buffz can chanj n den da wurld cumz crazhin down n da cryin stardz till id getz chanjd bak. Dey iz rite yooz can git more statz on yooz sootz nawt habin da +1fc town buff juzt keep in mind ip dat chanjez yooz cood hab ta redo yooz hole soot. Ta anzwer da qwezshun fur uh nekro mage. Yooz dun need more den 2/6. Yoo iz gewd ta go witout da town buff ;u)

Max Blackoak

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
there are 3 towns that have consistently been running their town buffs:
Britain - FC1
New Magincia - 5 SSI
Minoc - 5 SSI (since Siege ran for gov)

Joining Britain for FC1 is a pretty safe bet with their 80 million in the treasury...

Bearclaw

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Joining Britain for FC1 is a pretty safe bet with their 80 million in the treasury...
As long as I'm governor of Britain, the FC1 trade deal will continue. Additionally, I am doing trade runs each week to raise Britain up to 82 mil before it drops back to 80 mil on Saturday. Thus the FC1 bonus in Britain should continue for a long, long time.

Thanks,
Starcon
Governor of Britain