• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Discussion] Why Dont We All Move??

F

Fraggles

well this is going to be my 300th post so i wanted to make it exciting lol. so i was just thinking about the rares fests and everything and i got a Wonderful idea!!! Why dont we find the shard with the least amount of people on it..or with the most what ever but i prefer fewer people with less lagg...anyways we decide on a shard and then ALL the rares collectors move there Musuems to that shard and then we can host rares fest on that shard every few months!!! what a wonderful idea huh? lol we can have a whole shard just for our most favorite thing....Rares!!! no more Xtradeing for items and when there are events on other shards we can all chip in for xfers for one or 2 people to move the items to our very own "Rares Shard". then we could host a varitity of events every month or something like tours for peeps from other shards,auctions,swap meets,weekley meetings to discuss new items that have been given out on other shards,discuss what rarity they should be depending on the rateing scale,have rares officals that over see events and host the meetings,ect. It would be soo much fun!!!! soo who is going to move with me???
Of course this thread is all in good humor but still just think of the possabilitys! just a thought.......

Restroom Cowboy

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I live out of the bank...and have chars wherever you decide to go. So...you can count me in. :)

Slickjack

Rares Fest Host | Cats Nov 2010
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I have 34% of all Catskills EM items.

You will have to come to me :)

N

Nastia Cross

That kind of defeats the purpose of having a "shard specific" rares collection, don't you think? While you may not be attached to your home shard, many rares collectors are and many of them are active in their respective communities. Besides, a travelling rares fest keeps the event exciting as you get to visit new places and meet new people. If everyone was in the same place, it would get boring rather quickly.

F

Fraggles

Oh you could still have your Shard pacific collection, i have a LS collection. but wouldnt that be cool to be able to see all the rares from other shards all on one shard? we could have a house for each shard! then instead of haveing to make newb ch to go look at collections on diff shards we would just have a central location with runes to all the diffrent museums. Of course this process would take alot of time to get everyone houses ect. on the new shard but would be fun. i LOve my home shard and would not even think about moveing my main ch and leaveing all my wonderful friends...but might be willing to just move my museum.
Im pretty sure this vision i have will never happen but its still fun to discuss what it would be like :O just think our own shard to shape and run how we would like it. It would be a True rares Comunity that we have wanted for so long. we could actually comunicate in person ! im not saying leave your shard and everythink you have and love there, just your museum :O

Thunderz

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Id be in, a rares shard with a copy of all the unique locations and things from the Ems over the years from the Devs would make it the best shard in the world if UO ever died, as they could keep that shard alive for us all to log in now and then to remenise. With hourses full of every single rare and unique rare event statue/location with plaques describing the events and when they took place. And shard wide events, like the statue at brit from the brit invasion would have them all from every shard to see how well everyone did etc...

Kinda like a memorial shard, for the day nemisis comes the gathering (love highlander).

Thunderz

Restless

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
come on over to lake austin, we have vast amounts of open housing area for ur rares community needs :D

ohmyGED

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
This actually would be a pretty good idea if many parties would actually follow through.

Imagine having a community of rare museums in one specific area for all to view.....regardless if it is shard specific or not....be a great site to see.

Let's see where this goes....

:D

Manticore

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Idea is great but Lania, Jinx, Diablo, and myself are too lazy to move our 6 museums from Baja :(

F

Fraggles

Well how Populated is Baja? and would the citizens there mind us taking over?:D

Manticore

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Baja is relatively unpopulated its one of the smaller shards. We would love for new collectors to migrate over. In fact, I think Snow just told me she is moving over.

Lord Nabin

High Council Sage - Greater Sosaria
Professional
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Glorious Lord
Idea is great but Lania, Jinx, Diablo, and myself are too lazy to move our 6 museums from Baja :(
And Nice Museums they are! I was privilaged to have a short tour the other night. Great job to all of you and I loved the spots!

DevilsOwn

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Laina never should have gone from Legends, then you could all come to her ;)

Laina

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yes yes come to Baja :)

I don't think I could handle another move - that was sooo nerve-wracking packing up rares into pack horses!

And thanks DevilsOwn - I loved Legends for many years but given where the museum was I don't think anyone really ever visited it. It is really nice to have a small community of collectors' houses side by side close to town/moongate. But ... I don't think I could stomach moving it again :p

F

Fraggles

how hard is it to purchase a home on Baja? currently my museum is in a castle. i know that most of your houses or in malas are houses able to be bought in your area whre all your houses are? And is there anyone eles that really would consider moving there musuem? i just dont want to be the only one to do it :(

blueturtle

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
If you move to baja I'll give up my tavern spot behind me would be cool to have another collector in our village.