• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Why does UO allow cheaters?

• Thread starter imported_herc
  • Start date
  • Watchers 0
I

imported_ElRay

It would be beyond ignorance/stupidity to not be able to control cheating in your own game........

what the hell is the point to play the game/pvp if cheating is allowed?

seriously devs

I

imported_herc

<blockquote><hr>

It would be beyond ignorance/stupidity to not be able to control cheating in your own game........

[/ QUOTE ]

One of the big issues with punkbuster was the privacy assurances they got bogged down with. That makes me think that they have a really hard time knowing what happens on the client side of the game. Thus the game requires changed mechanics (and hundreds of hours of coding) or third party anti-cheat programs.

Unless you are doing something in-game that is clearly not permitted (like actively doing something and are not able to talk to them), they can't prove you did anything wrong.

The more I think about it, the more it makes sense.

I

imported_Warpig Inc

I still can't understand why people think cheating is no longer dealt with the same as it always has been. Just because you can't SEE the person being yanked off to jail by a GM does not mean that nothing was done at all. Just because the page was not taken care of the second YOU paged does not mean they did not see it and take the action they felt should be taken.

The rules never changed or lost meaning so if you doubt them enforcing rules why don't you go cheat all day and see how long it lasts because chances are you get banned mid day.

I paged on a player running a tailor training script. No one makes oil cloth that fast and drops it at their feet. The GM did the "Hi" thing and I could see the one side conversation the player had with the GM. It ended with "I understand np" and the player ran off on their merry way after being caught red handed. Part of the conversation was an explination the player was using a slavage bag, and responded back to the hidden GM reply with an "OK"
As stated earlier they let 3rd party go and more used it after seeing the old ROC for UO about 3rd party programs not being enforced. Then greed over ran good judgement till to many had to cheat to keep up. Just another company making the same mistakes that WoC made. E.A.Mythic has Warhammer vs UO, WH looks like a recycle of the Evercrack engine without varied game play to hold players 2 years let alone 10.

R

Rand Al Thor

PvP has been broke for years because of the cheating, its been out of control every since EA took over. EA looks at the Tram rule set as the UO cash cow.....

I

imported_herc

<blockquote><hr>

PvP has been broke for years because of the cheating, its been out of control every since EA took over. EA looks at the Tram rule set as the UO cash cow.....

[/ QUOTE ]

That's like picking up a dollar bill on the sidewalk and not picking up the other one sitting beside it