• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Why does seige allow only one char?

G

I would like to try Siege again, but I already have a developed their there and I don't want to delete him.

G

You could use another account or choose different skills on your existing character. Perhaps using soulstones.

The reason they do it is to make it harder to be self sufficient. It is supposed to be a veteran's shard and not easy to be successful. Kind of like the old days on every shard.

Sakkarah

UO Legend
VIP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Others can correct me if I'm wrong but I believe it was to force player interaction, community and RP. With a single char, you couldn't be the self-sufficient do-it-all that everyone else is on every other shard. You have to chose what you want to be and become it through and through (or open a 2nd account
).

EDIT: Bleh, what PeteAxe beat me to the post!

G

Aye that was more the original intent to enable us to be needing someone else for things & self sufficient NOT, hense one chr. skills only went up to 100.0s and so forth. Toss in pwr scrolls and soulstones soul stone fragments and it almost is just antiquated silliness now........we can become AN ARMY or a VILLAGE with even just one chr. if we have all the soulstones soulstone fragments out there or can afford to buy em ...............and be 120s in everything to boot on one chr. needing less anyone buy our own mega templated over scrolled over soulstone selves at times.

*rolls eyes* at this point in UO age and history.........silly almost to keep the one chr. per allotment on Siege when SOME on Siege are their own village on JUST ONE chr. even ..toss in multiple accts many of us there have........it is almost SILLY now to prohibit just one chr. per acct.

I would go for 2 myself per acct on siege. Nowadays esp post pwr scrolls post aos post soulstones galore overdosing the world of uo even on siege, two chrs per acct. could/would permit those newer less wealthy and with just one acct.

yet not full of soulstones like the rest to make a new template...be something else have a bit more fun and not locked in to ONE chr. per acct. nor have to feel they must farm gp galore to have to buy all the soulstones many others there DO own with myriads of skills stored up even for ONE chr. per every acct they own there as is.

Many would disagree with me.........but then some of them don't look in the mirror of their 10-20 +++ soulstones of skills stored up per chr. of their one chr. per one acct.... of their multiple accts
on Siege.

G

if you started playing Siege early with a bunch of characters you can have five characters on one account.

G

I would love to have a second character on Siege. I'd give it all the crafter skills I can't fit on my existing character so that I could offer a full range of goods on my vendors.

Starting another account is not an option, we already have 3, but my husband has the other 2 Siege slots.

S

Sergul'zan_SP

I wish they'd have never put soulstones on Siege.

G

I was thinking I would like to have a warrior char on siege, but I just don't have the soulstones and as ridiculous as this sounds I just can't afford a 2nd account.

G

<blockquote><hr>

if you started playing Siege early with a bunch of characters you can have five characters on one account.

[/ QUOTE ]

thats not true, siege was a recreation of another shard called Abyss that was taken down i dont know why and changed into siege.

Siege has always had the 1 character per account rule, and i dont think there are any accounts in existance with more than 1 character on them on siege.

N

nickdafunk

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

thats not true, siege was a recreation of another shard called Abyss that was taken down i dont know why and changed into siege.

Siege has always had the 1 character per account rule, and i dont think there are any accounts in existance with more than 1 character on them on siege.

[/ QUOTE ]

Abyss? My gawd, that rings a very vague bell with me in connection to Seig.

Man that was a while ago, i was back in High School then *Laughs*

G

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

and the name is way cooler than "Siege Perilous". :p