• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Why does EA make it so hard to pay for UO?

DreadLord Lestat

Forum Moderator
Administrator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Social Media Liaison
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
I run my account on game time codes so I do not have credit cards on their servers. I use paypal to pay for the gametime code since I felt the urge to resub and see how things are. I keep getting error messages and finally one showed that it went through but I did not get an email with the code. Yes I checked my junk mail. I went to my order history since I did not get an email and this is what I found.

1720375305873.png

One of those went though my paypal but what the @!@! EA? Am I going to get billed 4 times? I have about 10 failed ones. I was trying about every 15 minutes. I am so close to quitting all together. Eve Online is super easy to use paypal to pay for subs and I have never had an issue with them.

Morgana Grim

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I'm not sure what is going on this month but it happened to me as well. The first time I did get an onscreen failed at the confirmation screen....but it did not show up as failed in my order history. When the first one was "processing" I waited to try for the second account. It took about 4 hours I think...then they sent the code (to email and it showed up in order history) once it had "completed". Tried to get a code for my second account and it happened again minus the failed part. This time it only took about 45 minutes to complete. Something odd hasn't happened like this in a long time...so again not sure what's up this month. I don't know if they will eventually charge you for each one...I hope not!! Another annoying thing is to check your order history you have to get an email code each time!

DreadLord Lestat

Forum Moderator
Administrator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Social Media Liaison
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
The ones that said payment pending dropped off. The one that says processing is still showing as processing but they have already taken the money from my account.

1720457234268.png

1720457381900.png

The order number for the paypal charge matches the order number from the processing EA charge. I still have no code. Come on EA, get your @!@! together!

Victim of Siege

Grand Poobah
Professional
Governor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
The ones that said payment pending dropped off. The one that says processing is still showing as processing but they have already taken the money from my account.

View attachment 155297

View attachment 155298

The order number for the paypal charge matches the order number from the processing EA charge. I still have no code. Come on EA, get your @!@! together!
Not sure if y'all are aware of it, but at the Receipt screen after your purchase, the code and instructions are there, just in white letters on a white background that you have to click and drag your cursor to make visible (Security measure??) . you can copy and paste the code from there. This is from one i just purchased by the way.

1720463725304.png

DreadLord Lestat

Forum Moderator
Administrator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Social Media Liaison
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
There was not a code attached which is why I ended up checking my email and order history. :(

I emailed Mesanna but not sure if she can do anything. I gave her copies of the order number and my paypal showing it was paid with the same order number.

Morgana Grim

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
That's how it happened with mine too...the processing one showed in my bank account. Then around 4 hours later it showed as completed and I got the email with the code. @Victim of Siege I don't think my thanks for your purchase looked like that. I'll pay closer attention next month. Thanks for that info! For another side thing...I noticed when I was logging into game before purchasing the code...that the "news" wouldn't load and got that error do you want to stay on this page thing. Made me think ut oh am I going to have issues getting codes this month? And yep!
@DreadLord Lestat I was very near just saying "@$#& it" too.
Edit to add ~ @DreadLord Lestat at least then ended up failing and didn't charge you for all those!!

Victim of Siege

Grand Poobah
Professional
Governor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I was throwing it out there because a lot of people see that white page and don't know the code is hidden there. not sure what's up with the site though, it does get squirelly at times.

DreadLord Lestat

Forum Moderator
Administrator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Social Media Liaison
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
I guess it was all due to the codes running out or whatever exactly happened with them. I did not read the post, just noticed it when I came to update this thread. I got my code and am back in. I am hoping that it was worth it lol.