• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Why do I keep getting an error when I try to change my mythic account password?

Larisa

Publishing Manager, Stratics Leadership
Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
So..I have my password auto-saved from lord knows how long ago...and I need to change it so I know what it is!

So I request the *forgot password*, follow the link, enter the new password and get ERROR...there is an error processing your request return to the homepage.

I JUST want to change my password....since it's auto-saved on my computer it's letting me log in...even when I log out...help?? lol

Arroth Thaiel

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I don't know if this has been mentioned before, but it seems as if there are sometimes problems with the EA account management system.

:tinhat:

Edit - Could. Not. Resist.

Queen Mum

Crazed Zealot
Governor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
So..I have my password auto-saved from lord knows how long ago...and I need to change it so I know what it is!

So I request the *forgot password*, follow the link, enter the new password and get ERROR...there is an error processing your request return to the homepage.

I JUST want to change my password....since it's auto-saved on my computer it's letting me log in...even when I log out...help?? lol
*This is on Window 8 system with Firefox ...

Try this ... Menu Tab ...

Tools ...
Options ....
Security ...
Saved Passwords ...
Show Passwords ...
now you can see all your 'saved passwords' ...

you can even print out the list :)

hope this helps you with at least knowing the current password that is letting you log in ...
as for the password change ... maybe you have to 'confirm' it by an email they send?

*cookie hug*

Kayhynn

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
Change it through Origin. It will change the mythic one. Been there. Done that. It's a screwed up system.

Larisa

Publishing Manager, Stratics Leadership
Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
*This is on Window 8 system with Firefox ...

Try this ... Menu Tab ...

Tools ...
Options ....
Security ...
Saved Passwords ...
Show Passwords ...
now you can see all your 'saved passwords' ...

you can even print out the list :)

hope this helps you with at least knowing the current password that is letting you log in ...
as for the password change ... maybe you have to 'confirm' it by an email they send?

*cookie hug*
Major Cookie Hugs for you Mum, I had no idea that option existed! You're the best!

Kassie, I was thinking about doing that...so EA > Mythic > UO Account.....EA First....I seem to remember something about that somewhere but wasn't sure.

Hats off to 2 great women, thanks! :heart: You both rock!

DJAd

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Bump for the new account management system!!! What the hell is going on with that? Or did they mean May 2016!?

Kayhynn

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
Go to www.origin.com. Click on Login at the top.

That will pop up a window like this:

Say forgot password and give them the email address you use for your EAMythic account.

You can login through Origin with the same account. it's a confusing mess.