• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Why did they make the new fey event for bots?

When I came back to the game 2 1/2 years ago after a almost 20 year break I was using bag balls to raise archers skills in Trog, caves. Wasn't doing it for more then a hour or so when GM came. Was there to respond to the GM when they got there to tell me what I was doing wasn't aloud. Got my account suspended for a day. All good I was cheating. The bots are there all day long everyday no one suspending their accounts? Took a couple month break came back for the new event. This new event made me loose a lot of love for this game. Instead of logging on to get some event drops this morning just felt like ranting on here instead. Still see the rune thief has his runes laying around. LOL

koop9320

Visitor
We’re ganna lose another one boys and girls. We’re ganna have to surrender to the bots and go back to the Stone Age. You know I to was pretty disappointed to see all these scripters running 6 account runnin circles killin everything in 2 secends even paragon shadow wryms. I can hit them once with a 250 ebolt and still can’t get loot rights. So I tried farming eggs. Ov farmed literaly 400 butterflies 20 candles 15 birds and lets just say a couple hedges. Killed 8000 bunnies in 2 week period and didn’t sleep cause I hurt my foot. That makes me seem like a bot but I’m real cause I would talk to everyone and even show them my other egg locations. These days. On my server there’s a new scripter. I… I havnt found 1 egg on a farm for 3 days. And when I do it’s the scripter insta teleing running to an egg picking it up without even stopping to run. Once he gets 10 instantly teles to the hand in then goes back and get 10 eggs and comes back. 2 days ago I opened a portal in front of the scripter and he sat in Brit spamming spells on 3 chars for 2 mins while his 2 others died to paragons in destard… my 9 year old brothers watching me play and thinks this scripter is SO COOL “ I WANNA DO THAT” he yells. Cool now my brothers ganna become a scripter. Fml I see the future.

mihali

Sage
Bots in Destard? They are killing Paragons with Bots? I was there last night on lev1,2,3. I think not possible. Esp with Paragon GD, Dragons, and actually most paragons there. Took 3-4 people with constant Grey robe trophies and rezzes to do lev 3. Also lev1 with almost any paragon encounter not looking too possible to Bot this event there. Now eggs is a different matter. I also tried eggs and got a whapping 1 egg, green at that after a boring running around. So I am back at Destard with my grey robe rewards again.
The Destard spawn should be tweaked up a little bit so pple will not be so upset, it seems. But who listens?

wingnut

Adventurer
We’re ganna lose another one boys and girls. We’re ganna have to surrender to the bots and go back to the Stone Age. You know I to was pretty disappointed to see all these scripters running 6 account runnin circles killin everything in 2 secends even paragon shadow wryms. I can hit them once with a 250 ebolt and still can’t get loot rights. So I tried farming eggs. Ov farmed literaly 400 butterflies 20 candles 15 birds and lets just say a couple hedges. Killed 8000 bunnies in 2 week period and didn’t sleep cause I hurt my foot. That makes me seem like a bot but I’m real cause I would talk to everyone and even show them my other egg locations. These days. On my server there’s a new scripter. I… I havnt found 1 egg on a farm for 3 days. And when I do it’s the scripter insta teleing running to an egg picking it up without even stopping to run. Once he gets 10 instantly teles to the hand in then goes back and get 10 eggs and comes back. 2 days ago I opened a portal in front of the scripter and he sat in Brit spamming spells on 3 chars for 2 mins while his 2 others died to paragons in destard… my 9 year old brothers watching me play and thinks this scripter is SO COOL “ I WANNA DO THAT” he yells. Cool now my brothers ganna become a scripter. Fml I see the future.
Better get ya brother into heroin, fast. Hate to have to kill your own brother if he becomes a scripter, but what else can you do when someone you are related to goes that bad? I had a friend who had an older brother that lived in a different city. We played UO with him and all thought he was really cool he always had the best stuff and he was really good at pvp. He was really nice to us too and would sometimes let us borrow items he had for server down and such. Our parents and teachers, even my friends parents, warned us not to hang around him but never would explain why. I remember one time they found out we went hunting Balrons with him at Fire Temple and they freaked out that's the only time I ever heard his mom curse before. Well one day my friend calls me crying he can't stop asked if he could come over (he only lived like 5 blocks down from us) and so I said sure. He got to my house and told me the news: his dad was going to prison because earlier that day his dad went and killed his son (my friends older brother). Turns out he was a scripter and that's how he had all that cool stuff and was so good at pvp. We never knew, people asked us after if he made us run any scripts or if we ever saw him repeating the same actions over n over, but none of that ever happened. As I said he was really cool with us. But apparently, he hurt a lot of people with his scripting. Finally, his dad, who was really old school, had enough, and couldn't take the shame of it all (I think he felt responsible for the people who got Pwn3d by my friends brother unfairly) so he straight up grabbed his shotgun, drove to the older brothers house, and shot him dead.

Its sad really. I got to see the human side of him, the person he would have been if not for all the scripting he was doing on the side. It makes me wonder what would have happened if we had better rehabilitation programs for people like that. But anyway, keep an eye on ya brother.Scripting is such a horrible thing. I mean it took away my friend's dad and his older brother and all for what? To be a PvP god? To fill 4 castles full of artifacts? I mean that's ****ing cool and all, but it's not worth your family.

Better get ya brother into heroin, fast. Hate to have to kill your own brother if he becomes a scripter, but what else can you do when someone you are related to goes that bad? I had a friend who had an older brother that lived in a different city. We played UO with him and all thought he was really cool he always had the best stuff and he was really good at pvp. He was really nice to us too and would sometimes let us borrow items he had for server down and such. Our parents and teachers, even my friends parents, warned us not to hang around him but never would explain why. I remember one time they found out we went hunting Balrons with him at Fire Temple and they freaked out that's the only time I ever heard his mom curse before. Well one day my friend calls me crying he can't stop asked if he could come over (he only lived like 5 blocks down from us) and so I said sure. He got to my house and told me the news: his dad was going to prison because earlier that day his dad went and killed his son (my friends older brother). Turns out he was a scripter and that's how he had all that cool stuff and was so good at pvp. We never knew, people asked us after if he made us run any scripts or if we ever saw him repeating the same actions over n over, but none of that ever happened. As I said he was really cool with us. But apparently, he hurt a lot of people with his scripting. Finally, his dad, who was really old school, had enough, and couldn't take the shame of it all (I think he felt responsible for the people who got Pwn3d by my friends brother unfairly) so he straight up grabbed his shotgun, drove to the older brothers house, and shot him dead.

Its sad really. I got to see the human side of him, the person he would have been if not for all the scripting he was doing on the side. It makes me wonder what would have happened if we had better rehabilitation programs for people like that. But anyway, keep an eye on ya brother.Scripting is such a horrible thing. I mean it took away my friend's dad and his older brother and all for what? To be a PvP god? To fill 4 castles full of artifacts? I mean that's ****ing cool and all, but it's not worth your family.
This is a horrible story. I know exactly what you are talking about though. I have many friends from back in the day some older and sadly a lot younger then I get in to that terrible stuff. We ran around all the time with out a care in the world pretending we wasn't hurting anybody. Sadly it took a lot of them too one way or the other. Some shot each other over it some just wouldn't quit playing around and played them selves to death. Sad to say I dabbled a bit in it my self for to many year. Many of my friends and I went down that dark path, many of them still walking it today. I got out over a decade ago. Got tired of doing the same thing over and over you know, losing friend along the way. It was meth and heroin that contributed to me never getting to see my friends again but every one has there own drug.

MoonCres

Sage
UNLEASHED
I think an understanding of what's a "bot" is in order as well. Many play more then one account and pay to play or vice vs whatever. I find most complaints about them cus ppl play solo and are jealous imo(not saying u r). It's these multi acc people who aren't out to complain and ruin the game for the most part(it also typically doesnt help). Game is what it is now! Make it work for you or post here... I hope you can find a place in this crazy updated game but don't expect the same that we all remember and love. I hope you keep playing and come here to complain! Always good spot to vent and you can get unleashed if ya want to let out some real steam!

I think an understanding of what's a "bot" is in order as well. Many play more then one account and pay to play or vice vs whatever. I find most complaints about them cus ppl play solo and are jealous imo(not saying u r). It's these multi acc people who aren't out to complain and ruin the game for the most part(it also typically doesnt help). Game is what it is now! Make it work for you or post here... I hope you can find a place in this crazy updated game but don't expect the same that we all remember and love. I hope you keep playing and come here to complain! Always good spot to vent and you can get unleashed if ya want to let out some real steam!
jealous?......yeah, it is your opinion.....if you have to use scripts n stuff, you're a loser.....don't like it, too bad......players, as old as they are, are worse than, not then, little brats.