• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Why cant we just get an Insured for Raven Tag.

G

Im not sure what all the issues are with insurance. But since it is insurance. An I guess its a contract with the Brit Mint and Insurance Co. Cant a programmer just make and insured items say the name of the player in the tag.

How hard would that be? If I insure my stuff it would say "Insured for Raven". If it doesnt have your name on it, then you risk losing your stuff.

If you buy it off a vendor and it is insured with someone elses name, well you have to change it.

Plus it forces a little me gold expense. You have to change names.

G

i think the issue is that maybe half of the insurrance bug posts related back to someone buying an insured item of a vendor thinking it be insured to them.

I have to admit i never knew and allways assumed the insurance was item spcivic and not character bound.

so if that helps to fix at least some of the insurance bug i am all for it, plus i dont think its really a hassle

G

I never thought that items that I bought off of a vendor stayed insured for me, so I always make a habit of re-insuring items for myself.

I like Raven's idea, though. It would help players know for sure if they re-insured.

G

That is how our Siege bless works. For example, my blessed item says "blessed for Skylark". Of course as soon as you trade or drop the blessed item it unblesses anyway but with multiple insured items, and this confusion on regular shards, a simple addition of "insured for X" sounds like a good visual check.

-Skylark

C

Cygnas

<blockquote><hr>

Cant a programmer just make and insured items say the name of the player in the tag....

[/ QUOTE ]

This might be an elegant way to handle the problem. You know, we keep talking about items in vendors, but I am wondering if we don't have the same problem when switching items between our own characters. You know, swapping that crimson cincture between two characters on the same account, maybe it isn't insured for the second one. This way we would know for sure.

Good idea.

U

utilitron

<blockquote><hr>

Im not sure what all the issues are with insurance. But since it is insurance. An I guess its a contract with the Brit Mint and Insurance Co. Cant a programmer just make and insured items say the name of the player in the tag.

How hard would that be? If I insure my stuff it would say "Insured for Raven". If it doesnt have your name on it, then you risk losing your stuff.

If you buy it off a vendor and it is insured with someone elses name, well you have to change it.

[/ QUOTE ]

There are many factors of why they wouldn't do this, but I don't want to speculate too much.

I would see the easiest way to fix it would be to make insurable items only insurable while in your backpack or on your body, and then if an item is removed from your posession, you are warned the insurance will be removed.

I think it was stated before that the Siege bless works ( I don't play siege, so I don't really know for sure)

<blockquote><hr>

Skylark:
That is how our Siege bless works. For example, my blessed item says "blessed for Skylark". Of course as soon as you trade or drop the blessed item it unblesses anyway.

[/ QUOTE ]

So you really wouldn't need "insured for x" if the insurance wouldn't stay once you put it down.

G

<blockquote><hr>

Cant a programmer just make and insured items say the name of the player in the tag.

[/ QUOTE ]

Wouldnt it be better to show the insurance-tag just for the character/account/player/whatever the insurance is valid for?

If my char does not see "insured" he knows he have to insure it.

Opinions?