• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Why can't I use a D grade shield?

B

Black Star

Hi!

I have a Bronze Shield (D grade) that has Pdef 101.Before I had a Bone Shield (no grade) with Pdef of 90.With this shield I had Pdef 188.When switching the new shield, nothing hapened.I still have a Pdef of 188.What hapened?Why this D grade shield makes no difference?
Thank you in advance!

Best regards!

S

sirfancypants

Equipping a shield doesn't affect your Pdef. Wearing a shield gives you a chance to block, at which time if successful the block will reduce the damage taken. I think by the ammount of Pdef. given by the shield.

A

Ashem

When you block a hit, your p.def sums up with your shield's p.def against this hit.

P

pira

is D grade shied a basic one? i was trying to learn some basic idea of the game . maybe i will played later on

J

jkoster

There are seven grade "levels" within L2 that have to do with gear availability.

Non-grade: Level 1 - 19
D Grade: Level 20 - 39
C Grade: Level 40 - 51
B Grade: Level 52 - 60
A Grade: Level 61 - 74
S Grade: Level 75 - 79
S-80 Grade: Level 80+

So long as you are at least the initial level, you can use gear of that grade. I hope this helps.