• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Why can't I get past Khaldun guards?

Cupid

Lore Keeper
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Did I not read something somewhere?

Thanks

Larisa

Publishing Manager, Stratics Leadership
Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED

Uriah Heep

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
And the badge can be passed around all the chars on the account.

Zeke

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You can no longer teleport past the guards. Stealth patch on a Sunday - jeez

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
You can no longer teleport past the guards. Stealth patch on a Sunday - jeez
It was done an hour ago. I used my rune and went to look around. Recalled to town and ate breakfast and when I returned the rune would not work.

We are about to hear a lot of feedback about the quest.

Tina Small

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Do you need to say something to Jasper? Can't get him to talk and cant click on him/?
Make sure you come in the front door of the building and run to the room he's in and stand close to him the first time you visit him. You cannot start his quest by clicking on his bar from outside of the building.

Tina Small

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It was done an hour ago. I used my rune and went to look around. Recalled to town and ate breakfast and when I returned the rune would not work.

We are about to hear a lot of feedback about the quest.
If you use the guide Larisa made, the Gumshoe quest is not that difficult. I've already done it a couple of times on several different shards. The worst shard to do it on is Atlantic because there's a player-placed building in the Moonglow cemetery that blocks the trapdoor in that cemetery. You have to turn on circle of transparency in that cemetery in order to be able to see the corner you have to target to detect and use the trapdoor. And of course, finding the cryptologist's text from one of the library rooms can be a real test of patience. But it's doable. I type a number for each bookcase I've checked just to have something to do during the timeout period between using detect and to help keep my place. And run past the bookcases while you're waiting just to make sure the message hasn't disappeared for that room.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
We are running players thru the quest as fast as we can on LS.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
If you use the guide Larisa made, the Gumshoe quest is not that difficult. I've already done it a couple of times on several different shards. The worst shard to do it on is Atlantic because there's a player-placed building in the Moonglow cemetery that blocks the trapdoor in that cemetery. You have to turn on circle of transparency in that cemetery in order to be able to see the corner you have to target to detect and use the trapdoor. And of course, finding the cryptologist's text from one of the library rooms can be a real test of patience. But it's doable. I type a number for each bookcase I've checked just to have something to do during the timeout period between using detect and to help keep my place. And run past the bookcases while you're waiting just to make sure the message hasn't disappeared for that room.
About 2% of the players read the forums. The bookcases took 5 of us 3 cycles to find the correct one last night.

Lady CaT

Sage
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Do you need to say something to Jasper? Can't get him to talk and cant click on him/?
First you need to take the Gumshoe Quest from the town crier. There is a list of quests. Find the Gumshoe quest and open it. On that page is a quest button. Click that button. Then go find and see Jasper.

Tina Small

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
About 2% of the players read the forums. The bookcases took 5 of us 3 cycles to find the correct one last night.
Yeah, finding the missing text can be infuriating. And once you've found it, if you go back to help someone else using the same character, you really can't.

Khyro

Sage
Stratics Veteran
I had runes marked outside the camp a few tiles away, not even using the teleport method to get past the guards (I did the quest). Now those runes no longer work even though they were not inside the camp. I also had to move almost 2 entire screens away from the camp to be able to mark a new rune... Seems a bit overkill if you ask me...

ShriNayne

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
Old runes no longer work, you have to make new ones further away.

Chrille

Sage
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Glorious Lord
Tina after you've done the quest you can go back and find the bookcase as many times as you like, higher detect helps you a lot to narrow the bookcases down and you know you will find it on first try.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I had runes marked outside the camp a few tiles away, not even using the teleport method to get past the guards (I did the quest). Now those runes no longer work even though they were not inside the camp. I also had to move almost 2 entire screens away from the camp to be able to mark a new rune... Seems a bit overkill if you ask me...
And you can't take pack animals past the guards.

This is the third set of runes I've had to make so the LS players can get there.