• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Why are home decorator tools blessed?

TheScoundrelRico

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Just one more thing that was created and not stealable. What on earth would have been the reasoning behind this?

It's not like they are hard to find, come on devs...let's take a look at what you have given blessed properties and discuss the reason you have done this...la

TheScoundrelRico

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
So what? Boat deeds can range much higher than that...they are stealable. There are plenty of things that are work more then 10k. Hell, artifacts that weigh less than 13 stones are stealable. Why would they bless the hdt?...la

Oriana

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Because they are 10k each?
And once upon a time....that was a lot of money. Remember the good ol' days when you busted your hump to earn enough to get that supreemly accurate silver vanq weapon, for 50k. and you were considered rich.

TheScoundrelRico

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
And once upon a time....that was a lot of money. Remember the good ol' days when you busted your hump to earn enough to get that supreemly accurate silver vanq weapon, for 50k. and you were considered rich.
And yet, that weapon was stealable...la

Oriana

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
True!! lol But why steal a deco kit....oh wait I'm talking to the Prince of Thieves....nevermind. :)

TheScoundrelRico

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The same question can be asked about anything. Why steal this, why steal that. The answer is the same to each.

Because we can...except in this case...because it's freakin blessed...la

C

Connor_Graham

"Why are home decorator tools blessed?"

To frustrate thieves. =P

L

Lord Drakelord

It would also be one less item I leave at home if not blessed.

Oriana

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Aye I agree, it is odd sometimes what gets decided to get blessed cursed etc.

*shrugs*

:beer:

THP

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Because it would make it hard for us trammies that go to felluca to idoc and place keeps etc..jeepers...la

H

Hunters Moon

So what? Boat deeds can range much higher than that...they are stealable. There are plenty of things that are work more then 10k. Hell, artifacts that weigh less than 13 stones are stealable. Why would they bless the hdt?...la
You snooped a players pack and thats the best thing they had on them?

Oriana

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Because it would make it hard for us trammies that go to felluca to idoc and place keeps etc..jeepers...la
I think you have that confused....he's talking about the deco tool not the house placement tool. But those would be something interesting to have unblessesd lol.:thumbup1:

TheScoundrelRico

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It would also be one less item I leave at home if not blessed.
So what? There are plenty of people who wouldn't. They would leave it in their pack and venture out into the mean world where that little piece of shiney metal might be stolen. OMG!!! What then? Oh, they might be able to kill the thief who stole it from them...or maybe the mean ole thief would be willing to sell this item back to them...or worst one of all, they might have to actually go out and buy another one.

OMGOOSENOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

And people complain that thieves play a game with no risk, please...la

Skylark SP

Available Storage: 0
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Just one more thing that was created and not stealable. What on earth would have been the reasoning behind this?

It's not like they are hard to find, come on devs...let's take a look at what you have given blessed properties and discuss the reason you have done this...la
Why do we even have a deco tool? What is it exactly within the game world? Like the house placement tool, it seems to me that what the tool does would be more appropriately incorporated into the character context menu. As an item, it is hardly conducive to RP and immersion.

However, if they unbless them, I want it to be equippable like a lantern or melee weapon. ;)

-Skylark

Oriana

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Why do we even have a deco tool? What is it exactly within the game world? Like the house placement tool, it seems to me that what the tool does would be more appropriately incorporated into the character context menu. As an item, it is hardly conducive to RP and immersion.

However, if they unbless them, I want it to be equippable like a lantern or melee weapon. ;)

-Skylark
Actually I think in RP they could be great tools to use. The house placement tool is used to "measure out" your plot of land to build your home upon. The deco kit used to make the right adjustments on your deco, like a ruler would irl. Anyway just my thoughts on that.

Ori

Skylark SP

Available Storage: 0
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Actually I think in RP they could be great tools to use. The house placement tool is used to "measure out" your plot of land to build your home upon. The deco kit used to make the right adjustments on your deco, like a ruler would irl. Anyway just my thoughts on that.

Ori
If they keep the functionality triggered by an item, I wish they would make the deco tool actually look like a tool or box of tools (the old rectangular tinker tool kit for example)...instead they recycled the palette and brushes graphic for it, when it is used exclusively to MOVE items not paint or decorate them.

At least there is some sort of logic to the house placement tool looking like a spyglass, I guess they couldn't make a surveyor's rig...it would be cute though.

-Skylark