• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

NEWS Whos Who on LA? ... Player Interviews

El of LA

Babbling Loonie
Reporter
Professional
Premium
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
When I was reporting the last time around I used to do a series of interviews of characters around LA and the UO Community that I called "Twenty Questions." This time around when I asked myself who to start to interview I kept bogging down until finally I realized that what I'd really like to do is interview everyone - particularly since I never got around to everyone last time and wished I had! To make this easier and more immediate I would simply like to put out this list of questions and ask all of you to fill it out and send it back to me in messaging or email! I will post at least one reply a week, if I get them, that will include any followup questions I feel are needed or that include any other questions you feel need to be added (within reason of course ;) ).​
If you feel there is someone in our Sosaria that should be represented in this series of interviews, now or at any time in the future, please present this list to them as well and request that they get it back to you or me with answers so that they can be presented to our shard players and the Stratics readers as well. If you would like to hear about someone outside of LA or in the programming/administrative staff of UO or Stratics you can suggest this to me as well and I will try to accommodate the request. If, also, you know of someone that does not speak English natively, I would love the opportunity to try to translate this into and out of English, (or would it be out of and into English?? :confused: ), so everyone on LA's community can be represented and we are given the opportunity to see the depth and breadth of the community on our Shard because that is global and not limited by geographic location or method of daily verbal communication! (Any other community members who speak other languages are invited to participate in assisting me in this endeavor too!)​
There is no way for me to get to know everyone or run into all the LA players around the world. However, there is no LA player that isn't vitally important to all of us as a group and as a community as well. Help us all to get to know you and your friends and participate in our shard and forum community! I would love the help in giving us the pleasure of getting to know the Community, and you, better!​
Here are the questions I've come up with. There are 22 of them in total, but respondents do not need to answer any of them that they do not wish to! If you think I left something out, please feel free to add it in!​
Thanks LA Shard! I look forward to finding out "Who's Who on LA?"
-- El of LA​
PLAYER PROFILES - QUESTIONS
  1. What is your main character name and what profession does this character follow?
  2. What is your favorite character profile template to use? Why?
  3. How did you get into playing UO and how long have you played the game?
  4. Do you own a house and would you like to say anything about it?
  5. Do you prefer group play or do you do a lot of solo gameplay?
  6. What is your favorite activity?
  7. Do you play as a guild member? If so, would you like to tell us which one and 'plug' it?
  8. Do you participate in faction play? If so, would you like to share which affiliation you play?
  9. Do you have a vendor house or placement you'd like to 'plug'?
  10. What do you think is the best thing about UO that keeps you coming back for more?
  11. Do more of your family members play this game? Have you brought others into the game? (not required)
  12. Are there any 'sweet spots' in the world of Sosaria that you think are particularly cool and a favorite place of yours to be?
  13. There are lots of different types of deco and special armor that have been presented as prizes and gifts over the years. Do you have a favorite that you particularly enjoy or a type of gift that you particularly enjoy?
  14. Do you attend in-game events by players or the EM? If so, what do you like about them?
  15. Do you or have you played other MMOG's? Do you play them at the same time you play UO?
  16. What do you think of the housing architecture program in UO? Do you often redesign your house? If so, what is your favorite style design?
  17. What do you think of UO as a social media tool? Do you use it as such?
  18. Do you play using any other social media tools like ICQ, Skype or another IM/Video program alongside it?
  19. Do you listen to the in-game music? Do you control it using the deco tool "Dawn's Music Box" or just let it play as it will?
  20. What would you like to say about the game personally that I haven't asked about?
  21. What would you like to tell us about yourself as a character or as a person? (not required)
  22. Any last words for us?
  • If you have any pictures or screen prints you'd like to share with the group, please include them with your response! I'd love to include them! -- El

Atrocitus

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You know the "Gentlemen" will be submitting this information to the Admiral tonight. ;)

Love this idea, and hope to once again see GOF contribute to the community.