• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Who's ready for Part 2 of the Arc to start tomorrow?

Kylie Kinslayer

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
Not sure what Part 2 will be but if it has anything to do with the items from Part 1, might not be to many people doing Part 2
I would almost be willing to bet the items from Part 1 are just little clues to let us know that the Ambushers are just a strange bunch of critters.. well.. and are there for us pixel addicts to have something to chase after ;)

Larisa

Publishing Manager, Stratics Leadership
Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
ME MEMEMEMEMEMMEMEME!!!

I am very excited!!

And remember, you can still do trade orders....any time! All the way up to the final stage....yeah yeah I know..BUT WE ARE GONNA HAVE TO GATHER MORE STUFF IN THE NEXT PARTS AND THEN I WONT HAVE TIME TO DO TRADE ORDERS!!!

It'll all work out in the end....;)

And if, by chance, the items from the Ambushers aren't used? Very cool items anyway and another little deco item to celebrate this anniversary.

TheGrimReefer

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
So im assuming it wont be active till all shards have maint. And do we have to buy another newspaper

Kylie Kinslayer

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
Have not heard anything at all on a time frame but I would suspect they will do it like they did Part 1.. around 11am-noon Eastern US. Would imainge another newspaper is a sure bet though.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I'm not... haven't finished getting some stuff from ambushers... still need folded stole, goblet, and book... *grumbles*... no lack of ambushers... just a lack of drops...

Not ready to do the same BS with part 2... if it's anything like the disappointment from part 1 .... I'll be seriously disgusted.

skett

Babbling Loonie
Professional
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I'm not... haven't finished getting some stuff from ambushers... still need folded stole, goblet, and book... *grumbles*... no lack of ambushers... just a lack of drops...

Not ready to do the same BS with part 2... if it's anything like the disappointment from part 1 .... I'll be seriously disgusted.
Same here I can't seem to get the book wip and gablet

Uriah Heep

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Can't buy a paper this morning still...so if that is part of pt II it still isn't active

Larisa

Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
They probably have to manually activate it like they did the first one so probably in a few hours I'm guessing

TB Cookie [W]

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'm away on holiday, so I'll miss some of it, gutted.

How long is part2 up for?
I'm away up until Monday when I'm back to work, then away the weekend after.

Part1 I found tough, almost 2 days of trade quests, for 4 items.
Felucca didn't have a great drop rate.
My mate doing it in Tram got tons.
Got a ton of useful sots though.

What is part2 anyway?

When is the sorcerers dungeon open, so I can farm for serpents jawbone?

Larisa

Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Origin too :)

Once people figure out what to do I'll write up another article :)

Larisa

Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED

Tina Small

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
What I'm wondering is how to keep the maps from certain places separate from maps already in the locker. Picked up two in the last half hour from one of the three mentioned places, can only decode one because cartography isn't that high and there seems to be nothing special about it. No way to identify that it came from that place versus anywhere else!! Makes me wonder if mobs that existed before this was turned on will drop regular maps and we'll have to wait for a fresh batch of mobs to kill to get maps tied into the event.

Larisa

Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
What I'm wondering is how to keep the maps from certain places separate from maps already in the locker. Picked up two in the last half hour from one of the three mentioned places, can only decode one because cartography isn't that high and there seems to be nothing special about it. No way to identify that it came from that place versus anywhere else!! Makes me wonder if mobs that existed before this was turned on will drop regular maps and we'll have to wait for a fresh batch of mobs to kill to get maps tied into the event.
If your cartography is high enough, you'll know

MapYeah.jpg

When you put them in the locker, it's the last one in there so just put it in, get the coords, take it out

Larisa

Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Tina, all of them from those 3 locations will be the special maps

In order to figure out the locations, read what AL has to say...

~just now we've been finding these statue things from maps recovered from Hythloth, Deciet and Destard~

Maximus Neximus

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I dug up a chest and "A Mysterious Obelisk" popped up. I defeated the guardians. But I cannot open the chest. If I double click it says "It appears to be locked". If I use a lockpick it says "You must defeat the guardians of the chest before you can open it.".

ALL the guardians are dead.

I can remove chest. But if I do that I lose any loot...

EDIT: The corpses all disappeared and now it just says "This does not appear to be locked".

Anyone have a clue or is it bugged?

EDIT 2: Ok. So if you click on the stone base, it still says "...must defeat guardians...". But if you click on the obelisk, it doesn't appear locked.

Kylie Kinslayer

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
Ok.. first map done..

First map.jpg

Scroll (quest item) - Intervention
and
Pumice?

Have not done many t-maps in a while but thought Pumice was not spawning? Added for new content or usual spawn these days?

Larisa

Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
I dug up a chest and "A Mysterious Obelisk" popped up. I defeated the guardians. But I cannot open the chest. If I double click it says "It appears to be locked". If I use a lockpick it says "You must defeat the guardians of the chest before you can open it.".

EDIT: The corpses all disappeared and now it just says "This does not appear to be locked".

EDIT 2: Ok. So if you click on the stone base, it still says "...must defeat guardians...". But if you click on the obelisk, it doesn't appear locked.
Try double-clicking on the top part ;) not the base......SPOILER ALERT! lol

Larisa

Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Ok.. first map done..

Scroll (quest item) - Intervention
and
Pumice?

Have not done many t-maps in a while but thought Pumice was not spawning? Added for new content or usual spawn these days?
Just for the Arc, save it.

Maximus Neximus

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
HAHAHAHHAAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAH

Now that I got that out.....

You HAVE to use the mage spell unlock to open these chests. Lockpicks don't work.

Kylie Kinslayer

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards

I kept getting this message.. waited a little while... got bored... tried to open it.. got explosion... did magic unlock.. then telekinesis... then opened the chest. *shrugs* Not sure what level map it was as senility has set in lol.. but those laughin' Liches were guarding it..

Slayvite

Crazed Zealot
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
So for those of us with no Cartography or Lockpicking, there is no Part 2? :(

Mene (DF)

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
So slow down plz for an old woman that torture again her english dictionary to understand ;)

What I must do now is go to Hythloth, Deceit and Destard - and bash monsters until i find a tresure map or where did they spawn?
*looks confused:

Heaven you're all too fast ;)

Maximus Neximus

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
So slow down plz for an old woman that torture again her english dictionary to understand ;)

What I must do now is go to Hythloth, Deceit and Destard - and bash monsters until i find a tresure map or where did they spawn?
*looks confused:

Heaven you're all too fast ;)
They're loot on spawn in one of those dungeons. They don't appear any different at all until decoded. I'm guessing you need GM Cartography to see difference.

On a side note, Tina Small gave me one of the maps she received in Destard. I decoded it and it did not have the same pop-up as the one I had just dug up. But I know you can trade maps. I got mine from my other account before decoding on my thunter.

Larisa

Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
No no no...I meant CLICK ON THE TOP PART...like this :)

And yes lockpicks work :)

ChestHow.png

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
You need to destroy the top part before lock picks WORK on it...

S_S

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Magic Unlock is not working for me anywhere on that thing! :(

I've clicked and dbl clicked every tile of that thing and it does nothing... Argggggg!

Larisa

Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Look at my picture S_S.....there's something you have to do first :)

Larisa

Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
My base is gone, I don't see that in your pics? I'm very slowly killing the top part at 2-6 dmg per hit because nothing I tried did damage but my fists.

View attachment 71081
I think you broke it :/

You're supposed to get rid of THAT part and not the base!!!

Double-click on that part that's left..it ~should~ give you a targeting cursor so you can attack it.

Kylie Kinslayer

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
Lockpicking is needed for Deviously Drawn Chests. Not sure what other levels it is needed for though.

Larisa

Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Lockpicking works, you just have to destroy the ~THING~ (Mysterious Obelisk) on athe top first.....

Mysterious.jpg

Double-click the top part until you get the bar and it's targetted..then attack!!!!!

Mene (DF)

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Found this in Hythloth while huning for maps...
can not remember ever seen this *thinking*

upload_2017-8-23_20-3-1.png

Mene (DF)

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
@Kylie Kinslayer - Thx
Never went on EM-Events cause it's no fun to me so I don't know

My first new map was level 1 , i found this:
1 scroll with "Grand Peace" and 1 black candle (marked as Quest Item)
upload_2017-8-23_20-24-32.png