• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Who was the most active and dedicated

Cardell

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
In one of my recent posts I made a reference to a 'club' that really doesn't exist, except for maybe in our own minds or memories. The game has changed so much over the years and we often are so focused on the gameplay itself, especially in the factions, the game can be extremely demanding. It's not always easy realize the things that actually make the game a fun and enjoyable experience. For many the biggest thing that keeps use hooked is the community. I can tell you, with out my guilds I wouldn't have played this game as long as I did. No doubt about that.

Soo.. I ask, you, the Faction Community. Who was the most influential person you have ever come across in the factions. Who was the catalyst for your successful guild/clan/alliance. Who was your jack of all trades and your aces. Who did your guild rely on. Who did it all, lead, pvp, crafting, stealing and running the sigs. Who did you hate to see on the field. Who was the most dedicated. Give me their name, shard, guild, how long or how long ago they played and some background info. The more info the better. I enjoy hearing stories about the old faction folk.

*EDIT* Just to be clear. This can be a person you played against just as much as it can be a person you played along side. If you would like to talk about both go right ahead.

kelmo

Old and in the way
Professional
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Dread Lord
No doubt. Kat of Siege.

Ailish

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I am fairly "new" to factions compared to some here, but I started playing *before* faction arties and whatnot. My friends Binky and Cadderly talked me into transferring to Atlantic for factions. I had never been in factions and only knew a little about them, being from Napa, but I read up on it, and transferred my main character. The first person I was introduced to was Anthius (Cardell), who guilded me up and gave me vent info. Binky told my husband and I to go to the SL base and guard the sigs ... then left us. Alone.

The first person to kill me in factions, about one hour later, was Aia, on her thief. Being from a smaller shard, I had no clue what explode pots could do! It was rather humiliating!

My answers are:

Cardell - he taught us how to effectively play our faction characters in both faction and non-faction settings. We were one of the smaller faction guilds on Atlantic at that time, and for the most part we stayed on top thanks to his instruction and leadership. Later, I moved to GL to play factions with him and Ego. He also taught me that being in stat does not mean being out of the fight - there are contributions even an unfinished character in stat can make!

Second ties for Aia/Sinderalla and Papa Smurf - from being on the opposite side of one, and later on the same side as the other, I learned about the faction thief, and how to be one. I learned patience, and I learned when to be bold. I learned how to defend against a thief.

Dee/Tina Small - I have never played factions with Dee, but her dedication influenced me greatly.

Those, of course, are just the top three. There were many influences, some whose names I have forgotten as it has been a long time. Binky taught me how (and where!) to run sigs. Another person, whose name I can't recall, coached me through how to kill a Barracoon quickly and alone while in stat, while everyone else fought. Some stealther from SLAP/COW taught me that no matter how confident or good you are, with excellent back up, that someone WILL sneak up on you for an opportune kill and stat you.

Cardell

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Some stealther from SLAP/COW taught me that no matter how confident or good you are, with excellent back up, that someone WILL sneak up on you for an opportune kill and stat you.
lol...

****n John Wang.. or what ever his name was.

kelmo

Old and in the way
Professional
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Dread Lord
Well, few outside of Siege will care... She was the leader back when factions mattered. She would keep us all informed as to status and what was going on. Like many on Siege, Kat has more than one character... She was what ever was needed. Fighter, thief, tinker... you name it.

Kat was the one that organized the war parties whether in defense or a raid. That is not to say she would not defer field leadership at times when the situation warranted. Called shots etc...

She would whip us, inspire us, cajole and threaten us as needed... At times I thought she might be Lady Minax herself. *chuckles*

She also ran the guild forums as well as the vent server we used.

I will not say we were dominate... We did well and held our own for years. Back when we cared about controlling towns. When the faction arties rolled out it was the end of factions as I had come to know it.

Like Kat, almost all of my characters were factions. I had a crafter, an archer, a mage and a thief. That was four accounts dedicated to factions... She made it fun.

Does that count?

Cardell

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Well, few outside of Siege will care... She was the leader back when factions mattered. She would keep us all informed as to status and what was going on. Like many on Siege, Kat has more than one character... She was what ever was needed. Fighter, thief, tinker... you name it.

Kat was the one that organized the war parties whether in defense or a raid. That is not to say she would not defer field leadership at times when the situation warranted. Called shots etc...

She would whip us, inspire us, cajole and threaten us as needed... At times I thought she might be Lady Minax herself. *chuckles*

She also ran the guild forums as well as the vent server we used.

I will not say we were dominate... We did well and held our own for years. Back when we cared about controlling towns. When the faction arties rolled out it was the end of factions as I had come to know it.

Like Kat, almost all of my characters were factions. I had a crafter, an archer, a mage and a thief. That was four accounts dedicated to factions... She made it fun.

Does that count?
Yup, that counts.

She sounds like Chuckie of Sigil Stealers (S-S). Which is easily my first choice. Unfortunately for me I fought against the Sigil Stealers and Chuckie for years and years. When the factions slowed down they transfered to ATL. A while later I ended up transfering and joining up with them. Chuckie was probably the best GM I had ever had in any of my guilds. Faction or non. Like Kat, Chuckie did everything. He was amazing on his thief and his mage but he used what ever character the guilded needed at the time. Dexer, Thief, mage or Crafter. He could raid and defend every base better than anyone else I knew and more importantly he knew all the 'ins and outs' of the factions, how they were supposed to work and how they actually worked. He was up at all hours if need be and he would get up early. He kept me interested in the factions while a lot of my good friends were leaving the game. I pretty much owe all i know about the factions to him.

And to be completely fair there were 2 other people that were particularly helpful to him and his success. The first is Raven who was Chuckie's other half, they were and are best friends and Rav pretty much does everything Chuckie does. They were Co GMs and trusted and worked great together, which is not easy. Especially when you are talking about faction guilds. There was a lot to do in preparation for raids and defenses and they shared the responsibility and made it work. The biggest thing that both of them did for all of the members in their guild was help with suits and resources. They were also one of the first guilds I would log into vent even if I wasn't in game just to talk to them. They were a riot. I couldn't count the times we stayed up to 3 or 4 am having fun in vent.

The 3rd person was Therella. Faction extraodinare(sp?) to put it bluntly. Trying to keep the sigs away from Therella was like trying to clean dirt. It just doesn't happen. She ran the sigs and timed Raids, defenses and corruptions like no other. She was ****ing dope. When she was around, all you really had to do was pvp because she took care of the rest.. Reseting sigs was never even in the back of our heads because she usually had them reset 10 minutes ago...

The 3 of them are no long on production shards but they are and will always be who I compare people to. They were just incredible.

Honorable mentions

Coke/Remat - Drove me crazy a lot
Jebadiah - Chessy Pvper and Thief
Lore Denin - Wow, I only played against Lore for a few years but I can tell you there was very few people who were more consistent than this guy.
Nonel/Danny - Ugh, He gives you a head ache in like 100 different ways.
Silk - KDL thief, him and Nonel are the only thieves I'll admit to dying to. lol. only a few times... to both :) .... :(
FiendX - Hes always there. You think hes on Hiatus and then pow..... mage, dexer, stealther.... hes there.. trust me.

kelmo

Old and in the way
Professional
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Dread Lord
*nods* If there is another factions focus group, Kat would be my choice to represent Siege. Siege factions is a bit different, you know...

Cardell

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
*nods* If there is another factions focus group, Kat would be my choice to represent Siege. Siege factions is a bit different, you know...
Unfortunately thought does not go into focus groups. They just put a bunch of people that have no idea what goes on into a forum and then bounce ideas off them that they can't thoroughly comprehend.

kelmo

Old and in the way
Professional
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Dread Lord
That's too bad. Kat almost always knew how to make it work. Even when it was difficult or broken...

Cardell

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
That's too bad. Kat almost always knew how to make it work. Even when it was difficult or broken...
Agreed. The factions have always had potential. The failure for EA to see that and utilize it is their biggest FAIL..

Poo

The Grandest of the PooBah’s
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
years ago on sonoma there was a guild started called YAD (U R DEAD)

and it was a pack of trammys and a couple people who pvp'd when wanted to get into factions but had no idea how to do it.

so they did a mass enlistment.
anyone and everyone could join.

and did.
i answered that call and joined with some friends.

and wow, was that a learning curve.
we went from 0 to hard core in a week.
24 hour defences and such.

Kali (Tor Ann) was the one that started all that.
i think she has since moved on to pac and last i heard was DJing on WRR for a while.

but she was the one that got me going, got us all going in YAD.

its been a long time and a world tour (every norther american shard) but there are still a couple of us in YAD and we still go out every single night and play factions.

and when i look back, if Kali hadnt have started YAD i wouldnt have had all those years of fun and the friends i have from it.

and yes Kali, if you ever see this, i still have that picture of you in RL in your naughty haloween costume..... Snow White will never be the same to me....

Berethrain

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Few I can think of offhand are Lore Denin and Nonel Topd.

These two are the epitome of factions. Both of them in factions from the get go, you could count on these two to do it all. Raiding, guarding, stealing, running sigils etc.

More noteably playing against Nonel there have been numerous ocassions where I would say, **** there goes nonel with a sigil. It is rare when he didnt get a sigil from you while guarding and I can credit him for wasting countless hours of my time by snagging sigils we were guarding.

And Lore Denin, keeping up with roleplaying from the start, there was very little he didnt know about factions. I think he went on to manage one of the largest alliances in TB and in factions. Perhaps the entire game. There probably aren't enough words to describe Lore, but there are no other players I'd rather play with more.

Freelsy

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Kat is stuck 9 years in the past. I would NEVER put Kat in charge of the way factions are these days. If she had it her way she would take it back to 99 era. Just so she would have fun. Not even take into consideration the rest of the shard.

Just look at her recent unwaivering stance on the issue in her last few posts....

W

wee papa smurf

Few I can think of offhand are Lore Denin and Nonel Topd.

These two are the epitome of factions. Both of them in factions from the get go, you could count on these two to do it all. Raiding, guarding, stealing, running sigils etc.
What he said :) lore and nonel

kelmo

Old and in the way
Professional
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Dread Lord
Cardell did not ask you to knock folks... He asked who inspires.

tink'r_toiz

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I am an obsessed faction player because of Nonel Topd ... yes, it is all his fault!

Seriously, Nonel taught me everything I know about being a faction thief and dedication. For me he is factions.

Tiberius

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Barak Zorn -Siege Perilous 2001-2003;

He and a small band of TB were very effective at maintaining control of the towns against guilds that both outclassed them in numbers and pure pvp skill.
Sig timers were 24 hours then and I remember being in a minax coaltion of UDL and KGB ( two large guilds who normally were mortal enemies) in order to finnaly wrest the towns from TB; the numbers were required to counter Barak's dedication to stealing the sigs (man never slept rofl).

I hated most of his guildmates but came to respect the way he was able to influence the whole shard even though he had little straight up pvp ability.

Cardell

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Barak Zorn -Siege Perilous 2001-2003;

He and a small band of TB were very effective at maintaining control of the towns against guilds that both outclassed them in numbers and pure pvp skill.
Sig timers were 24 hours then and I remember being in a minax coaltion of UDL and KGB ( two large guilds who normally were mortal enemies) in order to finnaly wrest the towns from TB; the numbers were required to counter Barak's dedication to stealing the sigs (man never slept rofl).

I hated most of his guildmates but came to respect the way he was able to influence the whole shard even though he had little straight up pvp ability.
I like this guy.

Cardell

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Kat is stuck 9 years in the past. I would NEVER put Kat in charge of the way factions are these days. If she had it her way she would take it back to 99 era. Just so she would have fun. Not even take into consideration the rest of the shard.

Just look at her recent unwaivering stance on the issue in her last few posts....
You say 99 era like it is a bad thing. It was the hey-day of pvp, uo and MMOs in general. ****.. I'd play with her in a 99 era system..

C

CannabisKing

Wow this can and might be harder then Im willing to put in cuz of just all the toons Ive had to play with on many shards over the yr's. But in the last few yr's its gotta be the fella's from SONOMA COP and even PAS. In COP it would have to be Calisto DOM, PAS... well hands down its DS, devilspawn. Now that Ive made yet another xfer to LS I find now more of a soild base of a guild then guildies. DS would take his time and not only show us but post it on the PAS boards with a vid. Ive played a mage for almost 8 yr's straight till I came to LS and found that dexxers run crazy. I miss my mage alot, but have gotten much better at a dexxer that other faction toons even have taken the time out and give me some prop's on how good Ive gotten.
TBH on LS....... I can think of a few pvp'ers out in the feild who in their own mind are good but when we roll out our core guys EMO run's for the hills and even the lastest **** bag SCRIV. Who is to be all this of a mage on LS. Ive taken SCRIV down 3 times in a row and Im not that good of a dexxer bth.

Tina Small

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Oh, gee, Cardell. In some ways your questions are easy to answer and in other ways, oh so difficult. Difficult mostly because many of the folks I'm going to mention don't play UO anymore.

If I had to restrict myself to mentioning just one person, it would easily be Ed/Silk from KDL. I met him on Baja at a time when I was pretty much on my way out the door because most of my friends had left the game or had announced they were in their last weeks of playing. He had just come back from being away from UO for a few years and I noticed him a few times hanging out at his house on Baja that was near one of my houses. One day I wandered over just to say hello and before I knew it, he had talked me into helping him tame some new pets for his tamer. During the next week or so, he discovered I was somewhat interested in learning to PvP and suggested I give factions a try with a thief. So before I knew it, I was training up a thief/trap remover, not knowing what a painful experience it would be to train up Remove Trap.

We started out in CoM and the first sigil I ever stole was from the TB base. I'm not even sure who was in TB at the time. Could have just been Ed's doing to have those sigils there. LOL But before long, he had switched us over to TB and next thing I knew, we were joining KDL, who had just arrived on Baja from Napa Valley.

Ed was absolutely the most dedicated faction thief I've ever met. I was absolutely in awe of how organized he was about managing the sigil, trap and guard placement, and many other aspects of defending a base. When KDL transferred to GL, he also kept the entire guild supplied with potions. As good as KDL was before we joined them, I think Ed/Silk was absolutely key to their success on GL.

I also have to mention Da Trav, the KDL guild leader, and Joy who also helped run KDL. I used to enjoy the heck out of listening to both of them in Vent and watching them PvP. Both had red dexxers (most every character in KDL was red) and we were in TB at a time when the guard zone in Brit was very much a factor in faction fights. Trav kept pretty tight control over the group when we were guarding and you didn't often see or hear about someone in the guild off running around solo. It was pretty much get yourself into the base NOW, call targets, cross heal, get in another channel if you're distracting everyone with your chatter, and everything else that you need to do to be a successful team. KDL also had a fairly hard and fast rule that they killed any nonguilded TB first and asked questions later. That didn't mean KDL never took on new people. It did and from what I understand, many of the people I met when they got to Baja and then moved on to GL were people they had fought against on other shards. Talos is a good example of that. We ran up against him on Baja and he was so darn good with his thief and his tamer that we got him to transfer over to GL and join KDL there. Coke/Remat, Danny, and Poo were folks that joined KDL on GL too. One of the things I learned from Trav that's stuck with me over the years was that being in factions didn't mean you had to be a jerk to everyone else. I rarely (and I mean rarely) saw anyone in the guild talking garbage to the enemy. I distinctly remember Trav saying that the only person in the guild who really had the right to talk bad to anyone else was Agent Smith. And if you played at the time, you'll know why he said that...Agent Smith was pretty darn good. I'll also never forget learning from Trav that it isn't necessary to always, always, always have control of the towns. Sometimes it is a good idea to let someone else get them and have the ability to put up horse breeders and get war horses. If you don't, then pretty soon, who will be left to fight against?

Some other KDL folks that were generous with their faction and PvP knowledge were Agent Smith, Darma, Road Rash, and Rat. I truly miss talking to Rat and Road Rash.

I must also mention Digitalis/Kylas. Although I never had the chance to play against him on Baja, I remember reading his thoughtful and knowledgeable posts on Stratics quite a few years ago and am always thrilled when he shows up here and provides his perspective on things.

And last but not least, I must mention my current guildmates: Poo, Romus, Nex, and Q. Although we're not anywhere near the force that KDL was, if it weren't for them, I'm sure I would not still be hanging in there in factions. Somehow these guys inspired me to make even more trap remover/thief characters and actually try to do some PvP, something neither Silk or anyone in KDL was ever quite able to talk me into. It has been an absolutely amazing experience to hang out with the four of them these last couple of years, and Talos too at times, and gradually get my feet wet with other aspects of PvP and hanging out in Fel. They've kept me logging into UO on a pretty consistent basis, inspired me to make far too many characters to effectively keep track of, and have become wonderful friends in the process. And because of them and the YAD "world tour of factions," I've had good reason to settle in on quite a few other shards and meet up with quite a few other crazy factioneers.

Cardell

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Oh, gee, Cardell. In some ways your questions are easy to answer and in other ways, oh so difficult. Difficult mostly because many of the folks I'm going to mention don't play UO anymore.

If I had to restrict myself to mentioning just one person, it would easily be Ed/Silk from KDL. I met him on Baja at a time when I was pretty much on my way out the door because most of my friends had left the game or had announced they were in their last weeks of playing. He had just come back from being away from UO for a few years and I noticed him a few times hanging out at his house on Baja that was near one of my houses. One day I wandered over just to say hello and before I knew it, he had talked me into helping him tame some new pets for his tamer. During the next week or so, he discovered I was somewhat interested in learning to PvP and suggested I give factions a try with a thief. So before I knew it, I was training up a thief/trap remover, not knowing what a painful experience it would be to train up Remove Trap.

We started out in CoM and the first sigil I ever stole was from the TB base. I'm not even sure who was in TB at the time. Could have just been Ed's doing to have those sigils there. LOL But before long, he had switched us over to TB and next thing I knew, we were joining KDL, who had just arrived on Baja from Napa Valley.

Ed was absolutely the most dedicated faction thief I've ever met. I was absolutely in awe of how organized he was about managing the sigil, trap and guard placement, and many other aspects of defending a base. When KDL transferred to GL, he also kept the entire guild supplied with potions. As good as KDL was before we joined them, I think Ed/Silk was absolutely key to their success on GL.

I also have to mention Da Trav, the KDL guild leader, and Joy who also helped run KDL. I used to enjoy the heck out of listening to both of them in Vent and watching them PvP. Both had red dexxers (most every character in KDL was red) and we were in TB at a time when the guard zone in Brit was very much a factor in faction fights. Trav kept pretty tight control over the group when we were guarding and you didn't often see or hear about someone in the guild off running around solo. It was pretty much get yourself into the base NOW, call targets, cross heal, get in another channel if you're distracting everyone with your chatter, and everything else that you need to do to be a successful team. KDL also had a fairly hard and fast rule that they killed any nonguilded TB first and asked questions later. That didn't mean KDL never took on new people. It did and from what I understand, many of the people I met when they got to Baja and then moved on to GL were people they had fought against on other shards. Talos is a good example of that. We ran up against him on Baja and he was so darn good with his thief and his tamer that we got him to transfer over to GL and join KDL there. Coke/Remat, Danny, and Poo were folks that joined KDL on GL too. One of the things I learned from Trav that's stuck with me over the years was that being in factions didn't mean you had to be a jerk to everyone else. I rarely (and I mean rarely) saw anyone in the guild talking garbage to the enemy. I distinctly remember Trav saying that the only person in the guild who really had the right to talk bad to anyone else was Agent Smith. And if you played at the time, you'll know why he said that...Agent Smith was pretty darn good. I'll also never forget learning from Trav that it isn't necessary to always, always, always have control of the towns. Sometimes it is a good idea to let someone else get them and have the ability to put up horse breeders and get war horses. If you don't, then pretty soon, who will be left to fight against?

Some other KDL folks that were generous with their faction and PvP knowledge were Agent Smith, Darma, Road Rash, and Rat. I truly miss talking to Rat and Road Rash.

I must also mention Digitalis/Kylas. Although I never had the chance to play against him on Baja, I remember reading his thoughtful and knowledgeable posts on Stratics quite a few years ago and am always thrilled when he shows up here and provides his perspective on things.

And last but not least, I must mention my current guildmates: Poo, Romus, Nex, and Q. Although we're not anywhere near the force that KDL was, if it weren't for them, I'm sure I would not still be hanging in there in factions. Somehow these guys inspired me to make even more trap remover/thief characters and actually try to do some PvP, something neither Silk or anyone in KDL was ever quite able to talk me into. It has been an absolutely amazing experience to hang out with the four of them these last couple of years, and Talos too at times, and gradually get my feet wet with other aspects of PvP and hanging out in Fel. They've kept me logging into UO on a pretty consistent basis, inspired me to make far too many characters to effectively keep track of, and have become wonderful friends in the process. And because of them and the YAD "world tour of factions," I've had good reason to settle in on quite a few other shards and meet up with quite a few other crazy factioneers.
Yeah, when KDL was on GL there was 2 people I was always looking out for, Agent Smith and Silk... Silk was a headache to the nth degree...

JC the Builder

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
There were these 2 brothers, well they had the same name, running the Atlantic Shadowlords faction near the beginning. I have forgotten their names. I just remember they were not good leaders.

Eventually Remat became the leader of Shadowlords and revolutionized faction game play. He was without a doubt the most influential and dedicated faction player of all time.

Cardell

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
There were these 2 brothers, well they had the same name, running the Atlantic Shadowlords faction near the beginning. I have forgotten their names. I just remember they were not good leaders.

Eventually Remat became the leader of Shadowlords and revolutionized faction game play. He was without a doubt the most influential and dedicated faction player of all time.
Remat was good for sure. I think you are thinking of the Madonna's who moved to GL.

TorAnn

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
years ago on sonoma there was a guild started called YAD (U R DEAD)

and it was a pack of trammys and a couple people who pvp'd when wanted to get into factions but had no idea how to do it.

so they did a mass enlistment.
anyone and everyone could join.

and did.
i answered that call and joined with some friends.

and wow, was that a learning curve.
we went from 0 to hard core in a week.
24 hour defences and such.

Kali (Tor Ann) was the one that started all that.
i think she has since moved on to pac and last i heard was DJing on WRR for a while.

but she was the one that got me going, got us all going in YAD.

its been a long time and a world tour (every norther american shard) but there are still a couple of us in YAD and we still go out every single night and play factions.

and when i look back, if Kali hadnt have started YAD i wouldnt have had all those years of fun and the friends i have from it.

and yes Kali, if you ever see this, i still have that picture of you in RL in your naughty haloween costume..... Snow White will never be the same to me....
Poo,
I had such a great time back then....it really was what UO was about. I miss those times. I am glad you carried on the YAD name over so many years! I also have a better halloween pic for ya :)

Arabella

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
3 are just to hard to pick! But I will try.

Bo Hunter: he pushed me to steal and make a trap remover. He always treated me right even in one of his drunken runs.

Fiend: What a great person to run factions with!

Danny: Man do I want to be a thief like him when I grow up!

I know you said only 3, but darn there are so many others that have helped me over the years.

Honorable Mentions:

Tinkz: My bestest buddy, man do we ever get ourselves in messes! I probably would of still been in SL if not for her. She is also: Can you fix our computers, go to lady!

Tina Small: I look to Tina whenever I don't know something, She really helped me with trap removal!

Anthius: Actually the person that showed me how to defend a base and was very patient with me and zara!

Lore Denin: When you think of him you think of True Brits.

Talos: Man does he know factions!

Balor: Another one that knows factions.

others: Merlin, Bere, Papa Smurf, Grog and Decker.

H

Hurley

I would say Shadoan from Sonoma.
Guildmaster of Pack of Wolves and Thunderchickens circa 2000.
And GuPowers/kirstenKnoop.
First guild I was in and Gu taught me to play a mage.

Hi_im_from_atl

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
ReverseExpltive - My RL best friend, one day decided to dump our guild into factions and we did not even know what stat was lol. Needless to say we learned a lot.

Hand of Death - Showed me what sigs were and how to control towns

Nonel/Lore - Those two are faction to the bone, Nonel is one hard thief to kill. Lore was always good to get TB to guard on GL. The TB were not hardcore pvpers either but he made it work.

Nonel

Sage
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Ah, this isn't an easy subject to get in. Factions have been around for over 9 years (they came out shortly after Renaissance which will be 10 years old in April) and I've seen many great people come through this system since day 1 of faction's introduction.

Lore Denin - He was going at it nearly as long as me. He has always held such strong feelings for "virtue" and "order" and he certainty embodies the True Britannian spirit.

Cardell - With as sporadic activity as Lore (one month they cant be stopped, the next nobody knows where they are :p ), Cardell/Anthius is one of the smarter faction players to hit the scene. Nobody can get me stuck in a base like him.

Permafrost - Hey, hate him or not this guy was probably one of the best leaders in factions. Sure he was nuts, but he could take 4-5 Trammies up against 10+ people and win. If his team listened to his every order they generally won no matter the odds. The days of MPX/C*P and O1- in TB were some of the most fun I ever had.

Now for dedication I'd have to give it to Tink'r Toiz. I made contact with her over 2 years ago (or was it 3?), got her to come to GL and play some factions with us, and she has never looked back. I can say, with certainty, that no faction player across all shards has been as active consistently to their team as Tink'r Toiz has been in the last 2-3 years.

Last edited: