• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Who is Solomon Wright?

hawkeye_pike

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ahoy all!

I witnessed an event in Britain lead by Solomon Wright 2 days ago, and I had several encounters with him. Now, I appreciate very much that Solomon is gathering the community, trying to add some spin to the events, especially concerning the RP communities.

Many people (including myself) belief that Solomon Wright is played by our EM, or by his substitute, or by someone officially assigned by the EM. We all get to this conclusion, because the events of Solomon have official character. A permanent gate was established by the Gods to the meeting point. Royal Guards were set up during that meeting. He says he is not allowed to use Recall or Gate Travel. He gives communities hopes that the world can be shaped by the "Robed Ones" according to the guild activities. Stuff like that.

I recently heard that Solomon Wright is a player like you and me, and he cannot control or manage the official events (like the EM can). He is just a roleplayer, nothing more and nothing less. Maybe this rumor is wrong. I have no idea.

I have a reason to ask who Solomon really is. I think many players on this shard put a lot of hopes into our EM, and it seems our EM really is bringing a fresh breeze to Catskills. Now, if we would wrongly assume that Solomon Wright officially cooperates with the Event Management, it might turn into a certain disappointment. Because all the time we spend, all the interaction with "officials", all this we do, because we hope that it will shape the future of Catskills, the future of the communities, Catskills history, and maybe even the official events. We hope that the Gods see what the Catskills community can do, and that we still are alive and kicking. In the end, we all hope that we will get back a part of the fabulous Seer program, which supported RP communities during the Early Days, and which was taken away from UO a long time ago. I would not want to see these hopes disappointed due to a simple misunderstanding.

Of course, we all draw our own conclusions, and Solomon has every right to interact and roleplay whichever way he prefers. He seems to have good ideas, he seems to be reputable and seems to have an honest goal. However, I really think it would avoid problems and misunderstandings, if we really knew who we're dealing with.

TimberWolf

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I think many players on this shard put a lot of hopes into our EM, and it seems our EM really is bringing a fresh breeze to Catskills. Now, if we would wrongly assume that Solomon Wright officially cooperates with the Event Management, it might turn into a certain disappointment. Because all the time we spend, all the interaction with "officials", all this we do, because we hope that it will shape the future of Catskills, the future of the communities, Catskills history, and maybe even the official events.

Does it matter....does it have to be official. I think as long as people are having fun, that is all that matters.

If Soloman is official Great, if he is just a player character having fun and building community...even better.

It is a game...have fun with it. Don't focus so much on the destination and enjoy the journey.

For me community events influenced and run by members of our community are the best part of the game. If this is a new community leader step up I think that is wonderful!

Just my TWo cents

hawkeye_pike

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You are very right. However, I'm no friend of rumors, especially when they are negative. I've seen so much nonsense going on between guilds, mostly based on rumors and intrigues. It can destroy a lot, especially trust. I prefer honesty above all. It leaves no room for intrigues. Turns out better for all in the end.

And, aren't we all more or less working towards goals?

A

Auggie

Personally, I think the character is unofficially official and I have several reasons why I believe this based on things I've witnessed in game. I don't think he's necessarily from EA though, and as you've mentioned he's not purple like the old seer characters or yellow like the EM characters we've seen lately. I tend to agree with the "what does it matter" stance, because he is a good role player regardless.

Travixus

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I saw him unattended macroing in the mage hall in New Haven. True story. :p

S

Solomon Wright

Hawkeye,

For clarity's sake, I am not Emissary Kasaven or Emissary Annendora, and my robes are those of a simple monk. You and I are of the same blood.

What this means as to the legitimacy of my message is open to your interpretation, but I truly believe that collectively, we have the power to reshape the destiny of our shard. If we stand together, divided by path but unified by higher ideals, the Robed Ones will pay heed...as demonstrated at the Chamber of Virtue last Wednesday.

-Solomon Wright, Sosarian Monk

L

Light2098

I think that anyone who trys to gather the masses for for intelligent conversation as to whats going on in are lands is welcomed.I think that the RP side may benifit alil more from him,as they are tuned in more so then the average passer by like myself.Keep it up Soloman.

hawkeye_pike

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ahoy Solomon,

thanks for clearing that up! Your efforts are appreciated. Keep going!

Hawkeye

M

Moonwynd

The following passage from Solomon Wright does also give more clues as to his purpose in our lands. In his reply to DanteSignas, Solomon wrote:

Dante,

I assure you, I am not Emissary Kasaven or Emissary Annendora, and my robes are those of a simple monk.

I have no particular emotion regarding the Purple Guardians of Honor, save a humble respect for their storied history, significant guild membership and rather expansive city in the swamps north of Trinsic. This same respect is extended to all who have had a lasting and positive presence in the world we call home.

The debate regarding the Guardian's claim to Trinsic is significant, because it is grounded in actual Britannian lore. Lord British did, in fact, grant them some relationship to Trinsic (to what extent, I cannot yet say); if Lord Casca is actually able to overrule that, it will set a remarkable precedent, one that will further erode the relationship this world has to British's vision.

The significance of Casca's declaration regarding city independence is of a higher order than simply who controls taxes in Trinsic; it is directly related to much deeper, more complex issues that have been ignored for quite some time, specifically centered on Lord British's departure, and what it means for the future of Britannia.

If you are looking for me to signal a call to arms, I regret my vow of pacifism prevents that from being realized. My interests are philosophical, structural and political in nature, and as such, may not provide the level of combat and wealth you seek.

With that said, my hopes rest with those of both Trammel and Felucca, of all paths and of all persuasions. My desire is to see the world we inhabit prosper, so that it might continue to exist for all of us to cherish.

I hope this has answered your questions. Feel free to inquire more, at your leisure.

Best wishes to you...

http://vboards.stratics.com/showthread.php?t=122174

S

Shioni

Hawkeye,

For clarity's sake, I am not Emissary Kasaven or Emissary Annendora, and my robes are those of a simple monk. You and I are of the same blood.

This is quite true as I met Kasaven when he made his character, I also noted the day Solomon made his character.... I must say... Those Spellbinders sure make quick work of magic resist ey Solomon :p

Some of us are just players, and some of us are seekers. It matters not how you play the game, nor what it is you seek. The end result is that everyone should just have fun and be respectful towards one another.

C

Corvak

If we can't trust Casca, because he is new - why should we trust this Solomon Wright? In these times, I'm reluctant to trust anyone who seems to hide his true identity.

He's probably an alt, however - created purely for RP.
- He has no skill title
- Did anyone see him appear in haven with young status?
- He is only seen online leading up to and during shard events.
- Nobody had ever heard of the guy until after Casca was crowned.

New players do NOT get the ability to 'call' a meeting, at which EM's will participate. (news post "A call for governing alternatives"). I highly doubt that some new player could get a stratics writer to post on the news page. This is why I know he's likely an alt. Whether or not he is an EM is still unknown, but unlikely. But he could be unofficially helping them.

Farsight

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'll bet that both SW and EM-K are getting a good laugh out of all of this.

And in that light, I'll present the following.

The other-character identity of Solomon Wright is not important. Out of character, it's obvious that he has role play experience and is either currently affiliated with the Catskills RP scene in other identities or he has done his research well. Either that or he was just lucky enough to happen upon the right people he needed to contact in order to get himself noticed. He plays a role that I would probably try to play myself if I wasn't involved in UP matters. In fact, I had a character all ready to go when he set himself up, but more of a scholar than a monk.

I'm grateful for the role he's playing, as it is an essential role in the way things are going. And he's doing a good job of it as well.

If I were a reporter, I'd report on his doings. Yet I have no idea who he is outside of SW. If I were an EM, I'd follow the events and put myself in places where the players are rather than waiting for the players to come to me. So both the reporters and EMs are doing well in my opinion.

What Solomon Wright is, is evidence. He has come from nothing to be a central character in Catskills roleplaying. He is a public figure which says "Catskills RP is not dead." A lot of people, in the months leading up to the current events, were telling me of the death of RP on Cats. And yet, here comes one person who has roleplay following him wherever he goes, even among the non RP guilds, and it started well outside of Kasavan's doors. And for that, I say BRAVO!

In character:
He is definitely trouble. I definitely have an arrow with his name written on it for when the time comes.

D

Des

He reminds me of a player who played when I did...writing is pretty much the same. And if it is an old player returning, they know how to remove the young tab as soon as the character is made.

C

Corvak

("i renounce my young player status" I know how it works - I was thinking more that if he had it, we'd know he isnt an alt. I guess it doesnt really matter.)

But either way, in character, Why should we believe him? As far as we know, he just appeared after Casca became king. I do not think he is evil - merely suspicious.

//It could be I'm just too cynical after playing other MMO titles these past few years. Usually anything the players do is ignored by the staff maintaining the server. and the rest of the playerbase will typically laugh at anyone attempting open roleplay.

Gildar

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I highly doubt that some new player could get a stratics writer to post on the news page.
Why not?
Send an e-mail to [email protected] if you want something posted, and as long as your event is one where everybody could attend and feel welcome (and doesn't end up in our spam boxes and we don't realize), it'll get posted.

From an IC standpoint, we shouldn't believe anybody our characters don't know. The reason most characters cast greater doubt on Casca instead of Solomon Rye, EM Kasaven, and EM Annendora is because Casca has history of questionable deeds. Solomon and the EMs have no history at all, so people are inclined to give them the benefit of the doubt.

hawkeye_pike

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I think this posting should be closed. Solomon hase given a statement clear enough, and we should not discuss any of this further. I'm happy about any roleplayer coming to this shard, because Catskills' roleplaying communities have a lot of potential.

C

Corvak

Agreed. I think we should leave this question in-game, and in-character.

S

Shioni

I agree, it should be locked respectfully, It would be an invasion of privacy if anyone did happen to know who he is and posted that information.

Whoever you are Solomon Wright, welcome to Catskills.

S

Solomon Wright

Shioni,

Conjecture regarding my identity is welcome. My memory begins in New Haven, where I was returned from coma by the healer Avicenna, so my history could be as varied as our collective imagination.

And yes, the spellbinders in Old Haven certainly helped with my resistance to magic. *smiles*

Just prior to the gathering at the Chamber of Virtue last week, I was discussing the Purple Guardians' claim to Trinsic with one of their members. The topic of Jonathan Rye, the leader of a cult the Guardians fought in Trinsic many, many years ago came up, and was the final topic discussed just before I entered the Chamber to speak to those assembled...

It was at this point I unknowingly and inadvertantly introduced myself as "Solomon Rye", rather than "Solomon Wright".

This has regrettably caused some confusion, and fostered a great amount of suspicion and distrust. To complicate matters, there is a Solomon Rye on our shard, which can be verified here:

http://my.uo.com/char_search.html

I think this demonstrates I am a separate individual, but does little to eradicate theories regarding my ties to the Rye name.

With this in mind, I believe my only recourse is to let my actions speak to my intentions, and let time be the medium by which trust is built. In the coming weeks, I hope to further my integration into the fabric of our shard through continued contributions to the wonderful community here.

Best wishes to you, my friends!

C

CatLord

Just remember to never finish a speech with... "one circle" and you will be alright.