• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Who are you favorite painters?

W

Wisty

Was taking a break from working, and happened across some art, and did a search on wikipedia, and got lost for a while, as I always do, when looking at art. I've quite a lot of favorites. But to start off, since these are what I've been viewing today and are some that I wouldn't mind having a copy on my walls somewhere. (Sorry for any typos. Am very tired today.)

American painter. Thomas Cole (2/1/1801-2/11/1848). I love his soft but vibrant colors, and the depth -- like looking beyond the horizon in more ways than one. And his themes. A few examples.

Thomas Cole - The Course of Empire The Savage State

Thomas Cole - The Present

Thomas Cole - The Course of Empire Desolation

Thomas Cole - L'Allegro Italian Sunset

Thomas Cole - Romantic Landscape with Ruined Tower

Thomas Cole - The Voyage of Life Manhood

And on the other end of things, a much more simplistic view, I've always liked "Whistler's Mother," but far more like this one of his. So interesting, the detailed lifelike against the stark blur. Both pleases me and makes me wonder about the painting.

James Abbott McNeill Whistler (7/14/1834–7/17/1903) American-born, British-based painter and etcher.

Whistler - Arrangement in Grey and Black 2

I also like these of his, especially because they are new to me.

Whistler - Syphony in Grey and Green The Ocean

Whistler - An Orange Note

More, in a minute...hopefully.

W

Wisty

I wouldn't care to have this one on my wall, nevertheless it amazes me, the brilliancy, colors, lifelike detail, like looking at a photograph. I don't know how they do it. Beyond my grasp.

Rogier van der Weyden, also known as Rogier de le Pasture (1399/1400 – June 18, 1464).
Weyden - Deposition

This is just so beautiful, in general. Created by: Master of the Embroidered Foliage (active 1480-1510), a Netherlandlish painter or group of painters who worked out of Bruges and Brussels.
Embroidered Foliage

And other painters...

It's not usually the style of my preference, but these Monet appeal to me.
Claude Monet - the artist's house

Monet - Lava court, sunshine and snow

Monet - Seine near Giverny

Monet - Garden Path

Monet - Cliffs at Etretat

What can I say. I'm very fond of mills.

Rembrandt - the mill

And a couple others of his that I'm not that familiar but which appeal to me (non-portraits):

Rembrandt - The philosopher In Meditation

Rembrandt - Bathing Woman

There are tons and tons more. Maybe for later. If anyone still visits here? Poor dead forum.