• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

White Wyrms

Mordha

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
So I thought for fun I'd tame and train a white wyrm. After getting lucky with finding a decent one, I waited for bonding which happened yesterday. After "playing" with Navrey for a bunch of time I got the training to 100 I sat down to plan out how to spend the 1501 points.
I ran into one issue right away, I set plan to active and added stam to 150. So far so good. Next up, dex! Clicked dex, clicked the max arrow and add. It didn't add it! I tried to do this a few times and it just won't add it to the plan.
So I disabled planning mode and tried to add dex again. Still won't go. I should mention the dex is currently 125.
Ok, I'll look again later, I thought and moved on. After adding a hp, mana, resists, I get to special moves. Oh look! Cold wind! Ya, not an option I can't add it. Wth!

Ok, so maybe white wyrms are not so good after. I'll go get the skills to 100 just the same. At the shadow ele, I see another white wyrm. And this fellow has, wait for it, 150 dex AND cold wind! So now I have to ask, is it possible I have a "bugged" white wyrm? Thoughts?

Uvtha

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
So I thought for fun I'd tame and train a white wyrm. After getting lucky with finding a decent one, I waited for bonding which happened yesterday. After "playing" with Navrey for a bunch of time I got the training to 100 I sat down to plan out how to spend the 1501 points.
I ran into one issue right away, I set plan to active and added stam to 150. So far so good. Next up, dex! Clicked dex, clicked the max arrow and add. It didn't add it! I tried to do this a few times and it just won't add it to the plan.
So I disabled planning mode and tried to add dex again. Still won't go. I should mention the dex is currently 125.
Ok, I'll look again later, I thought and moved on. After adding a hp, mana, resists, I get to special moves. Oh look! Cold wind! Ya, not an option I can't add it. Wth!

Ok, so maybe white wyrms are not so good after. I'll go get the skills to 100 just the same. At the shadow ele, I see another white wyrm. And this fellow has, wait for it, 150 dex AND cold wind! So now I have to ask, is it possible I have a "bugged" white wyrm? Thoughts?
Might try stabling it, logging in and out... There's no reason you shouldn't have been able to add those abilities.

Mordha

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
I logged that toon out for a long while. Even logged out of the game and did other stuff.

Everything is just on the plan. And I tried to actually add dex as the first item. In both cases I could not improve dex to 150. So unless 125 dex is overcap for dex, I have no idea why I can't do this. I'll look into this again in a bit and hope it got "fixed" during the server down time.

Poo

The Grandest of the PooBah’s
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
ya it sounds like your STR and INT are eating up the points for that section and not leaving you anything to put into DEX.

Mordha

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
He has 455 hp, 125 stam, 411 mana, 757 str, 125 dex and 411 int.

I'll repeat this, I have not done any training yet, I have 1501 points to work with and zero points used at the moment

When I pull any item on the training menu, I see "Avail. Training Points: 1501"

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
He has 455 hp, 125 stam, 411 mana, 757 str, 125 dex and 411 int.

I'll repeat this, I have not done any training yet, I have 1501 points to work with and zero points used at the moment

When I pull any item on the training menu, I see "Avail. Training Points: 1501"
Training Point Weight Caps
  • Strength, Dexterity & Intelligence: 2300
  • Hit Point, Stamina & Mana: 3300
  • Resists: 1095
  • Hit Point Regeneration: 360
  • Stamina Regeneration: 360
  • Mana Regeneration: 360

Theres the caps. I'm not into math. Notice it says weight .

Strength x 3
Int x .5
Dex x .1

Hp x3
Stam x .5
Mana x .5

So cap = (str *3) + (Int * .5) + (dex * .1)

I'm guessing you put the strength too high.

Mordha

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Ok, so I did a little more digging. Not sure why or even how, but maybe this guy is "naturally" over cap?

I looked again at str, dex and int
Under "Total Property Weight" for each stat I'm seeing the following....
For str, 2271/2083
For dex, 12/0
For int, 205/17

For hp, it's 1365/3033
For stam, 62/75
For mana, 205/750

It does look like the first set of numbers shows over cap but why?!? Either my WW is seriously bugged or the info for them in the system is wrong and it shows mine over cap.
Thoe stats mine have are high side for a spawned one but not over the top.
This makes me worried for my other WW's

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Ok, so I did a little more digging. Not sure why or even how, but maybe this guy is "naturally" over cap?

I looked again at str, dex and int
Under "Total Property Weight" for each stat I'm seeing the following....
For str, 2271/2083
For dex, 12/0
For int, 205/17

For hp, it's 1365/3033
For stam, 62/75
For mana, 205/750

It does look like the first set of numbers shows over cap but why?!? Either my WW is seriously bugged or the info for them in the system is wrong and it shows mine over cap.
Thoe stats mine have are high side for a spawned one but not over the top.
This makes me worried for my other WW's
I think you are looking at untamed numbers. They are all overcapped for their slot size.

Mordha

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Those numbers came from my WW. When I looked at training the stat.
That is why I said I looked again.
I lored my WW, clicked the blue button, click on str and saw an item labeled "Total Property Weight"

Every value/number I have posted here came from my tamed WW. I'm confused over how this is confusing anyone
I'll try to post some pics maybe that will clear things up

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Those numbers came from my WW. When I looked at training the stat.
That is why I said I looked again.
I lored my WW, clicked the blue button, click on str and saw an item labeled "Total Property Weight"

Every value/number I have posted here came from my tamed WW. I'm confused over how this is confusing anyone
I'll try to post some pics maybe that will clear things up

OOOH you are using EC. Those are the Weighted values. with....... what they are/max..... your 455 HP times 3 = 1365 The number on other side is max it could be if other stuff was not advanced.

see the dex 12/0 That means the max dex you can add is o.

Ill do the math for you. . . . . 757 str x 3 =2271 . . . . 411 int x .5 = 205.5 . . . . 125 dex x .1 = 12.5 . . . . . 2271 + 205.5 + 12.5 = 2489 . . . . You are over that cap.

Mordha

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Thanks Pawain for the help.

I look at that math and yet still feel like my WW is being cheated somehow. But so be it. I'll probably go with what I have planned for him and move on. Maybe I'll post what I have planned to see what others think before I go with it, I have time :) . I might go back some time later to tame another WW, with much lower str and how I do with that one. I certainly won't train my much much older ones. My other 3 all have 755-760 str.

This info does make me wonder how pets with even higher str are able to train dex to 150, but that is a topic for another thread........