• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

White Wyrm Question

Mordha

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
I have a newer WW. This is NOT a legacy WW.
I thought I could do something basic with this guy, nothing too "fancy" but I think I may be reaching too far.
This is what he looks like at this time.
WW.PNG
WW1.PNG
I'm looking for ideas on which way to go. This will be tight, even tighter then the dragon I posted recently, but I feel I can do a little more.
My thought is 1) stick with magery, add AI, some regens and light scrolling (think 110's across the board), str to cap, some hp, stam and mana
Or 2) go chiv and AI, no scrolls, or extremely limited scrolling (maybe just chiv), maybe some regens (mr or hpr), str to cap, hp, stam and mana.
Any thoughts would be great.
BTW, this could be a precursor to me diving in to training 1 of my 3 legacy WW's. So no pressure :p

Lord Frodo

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Before doing anything copy your tamer over to TC and do your training over there b4 you commit your changes on a your shard.

Khaelor

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Chiv AI with 115 scrolls (120 Chiv), this only has 550 hits and 15 hp regen, but I run with pets as low as 400 without much issue.

Chiv AI with 110 scrolls (120 chiv), almost 600 hits.

Can play around with those to see what you can come up with.

Myself, personally, would go with the first one, but I do not know what type of hit points you are comfortable running.

Mordha

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Thanks Khaelor, the 110 version is close to what my math was showing me. That is probably the one I’ll look closer at. I have some 110 scrolls to do 2 pets. And 115 in wrestling and tactics.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Put the parry scroll as high as you can.

Mordha

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Training went really quick on this guy. He's 4 slot with points set in the planner. Seems I have a few more points then the 110 plan Khealor showed me. Which is great! I tinkered a little with it, and now I have this guy stabled so I can sleep on it. Was toying with making some adjustments to go 20 hpr but personally I like this setup.
*note! Magery scroll is a "placeholder" for Chiv scroll*
IWW.PNG

This guy might turn out to be a good pet! :)

Mordha

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Yes, what I didn’t show were the resists which I fixed and the regens, 5 stam and 30 mana. Everything else is on the lore page I posted.

Mordha

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
So would 600 hp and 15 hpr be ok? Or I could go 570 hp and 20 hpr. Which has the bigger impact on the WW for survival?
I really don’t know enough on the effect of hpr here. Which begs the question, is 15 almost as good as 20? Or put another way, is 20 really that much better then “just” 15?

Khyro

Sage
Stratics Veteran
So would 600 hp and 15 hpr be ok? Or I could go 570 hp and 20 hpr. Which has the bigger impact on the WW for survival?
I really don’t know enough on the effect of hpr here. Which begs the question, is 15 almost as good as 20? Or put another way, is 20 really that much better then “just” 15?
HPR is much more straight-forward than the MR formula thankfully. HPR is just "this amount every 10 seconds". So 15 HPR is 15 hit points regenerated every 10 seconds, or 1.5 HP per second, and 20 HPR is 20 per 10 seconds, or 2 per second.

Sometimes it's easier to compare the efficiency of a stat by extrapolating to a longer duration:

- 15 HPR over 1 Minute = 90 Health Regenerated
- 20 HPR over 1 Minute = 120 Health Regenerated

- 15 HPR over 5 Minutes = 450 Health Regenerated
- 20 HPR over 5 Minutes = 600 Health Regenerated

So over the course of 1 minute, the extra HPR would regenerate that 30 HP you are looking to swap out.

Taking the 1 minute duration above, we can look at the EHP (Effective Health Points) of the pet. Anytime the pet is in combat for more than 1 minute duration, the extra HPR gives the pet a better EHP, since it takes 1 minute to make up the 30 health difference through regens. If the fight lasts 2 minutes, your pet's EHP will be 630 (there's actually a lot more that goes into EHP, such as resists and skills, but to simplify we will just look at the effect of HPR). A 3-minute fight, your pet's EHP is now 660, etc. The longer the fight, the more of a benefit HPR becomes.

My personal opinion is that HPR is a better stat than HP. We typically run pets with 500-600 HP (some even as low as 400, depending on the pet) and don't run into issues. We do have some pets with 700+ HP as well, it really depends on the pet and their intensity (Najasaurus, Reptalons, Giant/Fire beetles typically have 700+ health just because they have so much intensity).

Keith of Sonoma

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
HPR is much more straight-forward than the MR formula thankfully. HPR is just "this amount every 10 seconds". So 15 HPR is 15 hit points regenerated every 10 seconds, or 1.5 HP per second, and 20 HPR is 20 per 10 seconds, or 2 per second.

Sometimes it's easier to compare the efficiency of a stat by extrapolating to a longer duration:

- 15 HPR over 1 Minute = 90 Health Regenerated
- 20 HPR over 1 Minute = 120 Health Regenerated

- 15 HPR over 5 Minutes = 450 Health Regenerated
- 20 HPR over 5 Minutes = 600 Health Regenerated

So over the course of 1 minute, the extra HPR would regenerate that 30 HP you are looking to swap out.

Taking the 1 minute duration above, we can look at the EHP (Effective Health Points) of the pet. Anytime the pet is in combat for more than 1 minute duration, the extra HPR gives the pet a better EHP, since it takes 1 minute to make up the 30 health difference through regens. If the fight lasts 2 minutes, your pet's EHP will be 630 (there's actually a lot more that goes into EHP, such as resists and skills, but to simplify we will just look at the effect of HPR). A 3-minute fight, your pet's EHP is now 660, etc. The longer the fight, the more of a benefit HPR becomes.

My personal opinion is that HPR is a better stat than HP. We typically run pets with 500-600 HP (some even as low as 400, depending on the pet) and don't run into issues. We do have some pets with 700+ HP as well, it really depends on the pet and their intensity (Najasaurus, Reptalons, Giant/Fire beetles typically have 700+ health just because they have so much intensity).
This is a very well thought out and good explanation. I also agree with all of your comments. Based on my personal observation/experience/testing. For whatever that is worth. :D

Mordha

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Thank you Khyro, that math is exactly what I was looking for.
I’m good with hp in the 500 to 600 range, so I’ll go with the 20 hp regen and 570 hp.