• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

White Tiger

REEFHAWK1969

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Finally, I tamed me a White tiger. Not sure how many normal tigers I have killed, but it has all worked out. yea

Val'lyn De'ana

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
I lored a tiger and wasn't impressed. Is the only reason to chase after the white ones to sell or bank sit with?

-Val'lyn

sablestorm

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I lored a tiger and wasn't impressed. Is the only reason to chase after the white ones to sell or bank sit with?

-Val'lyn
They probably still don't compare overall with a greater dragon, but I was able to tame two and do the Dragon Turtle spawn start to finish with them. I got looting rights, I got primers, and neither of them died. They'd be a lot more effective once fully trained and bonded as well. At any rate, the Devs talked about a pet revamp in the future so stay tuned.

Smoot

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
these pets were a fail. they would have been a very useful mid-range pet (between a nightmare and a dread) IF they could be ridden. unfortunately theyll only be used by a very small amount of enthusiasts, even those will most likely still use a bake kitsune.

PlayerSkillFTW

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
these pets were a fail. they would have been a very useful mid-range pet (between a nightmare and a dread) IF they could be ridden. unfortunately theyll only be used by a very small amount of enthusiasts, even those will most likely still use a bake kitsune.
I did performance tests between a fully trained Tiger and a fully trained Bake Kitsune, and the Tiger out damaged the Bake Kitsune. I also did a performance test between 2 fully trained Tigers, and 2 fully trained Raptors, and the Tigers out damaged the Raptors (despite the Raptors having Pack Instincts).

BeaIank

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
The tigers seem to have a special attack that drop the target's physical resist by 10 points for a few seconds.
I guess a rune beetle/tiger combo might be pretty powerful. I will try it out once my tiger bounds with my tamer.

railshot

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
They probably still don't compare overall with a greater dragon, but I was able to tame two and do the Dragon Turtle spawn start to finish with them. I got looting rights, I got primers, and neither of them died. They'd be a lot more effective once fully trained and bonded as well. At any rate, the Devs talked about a pet revamp in the future so stay tuned.
I believe the Devs talked about pet revamp since at least 2011. Refusing to add viable/usable pets because of the mythical revamp is just an excuse IMO.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I believe the Devs talked about pet revamp since at least 2011. Refusing to add viable/usable pets because of the mythical revamp is just an excuse IMO.
It's been talked about and hinted at since at least then... however talk is all we have seen. I for one have been waiting long enough for this revamp... Though I almost fear that if this revamp is like so many other revamps of things I'm going to be more annoyed than ever.

railshot

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
It's been talked about and hinted at since at least then... however talk is all we have seen. I for one have been waiting long enough for this revamp... Though I almost fear that if this revamp is like so many other revamps of things I'm going to be more annoyed than ever.
Given that apparently Eodon was done by a single person, it is not complete, and revamp is only being considered, I consider it to be somewhere just before the flying cars. And yes, however they do it if they do it, will piss some people off. Imagine all the tamers who spent years looking for their perfect GD, and all of a sudden it's not so uber anymore.

Smoot

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I did performance tests between a fully trained Tiger and a fully trained Bake Kitsune, and the Tiger out damaged the Bake Kitsune. I also did a performance test between 2 fully trained Tigers, and 2 fully trained Raptors, and the Tigers out damaged the Raptors (despite the Raptors having Pack Instincts).
intresting, still not convinced tho. i suppose its a start for pvm, i just saw this as a great opportunity for a pvp pet, and still a bit hesitant that itll catch on. i know many suits are way overcapped anyway, plus the barage of majic spells is usually the draw of the bake, not the actual base damage. Still say if these were rideable they might really catch on.

but i havent tested it : ) thanks for some facts to base the comparison off of. much appreciated.

Low

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
So what are these white and black tigers selling for? Or are they not really that rare?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PlayerSkillFTW

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I talked with Kyronix on TC, and he said the reason that there weren't more tameables in ToL, is because they're planning on doing the Pet Revamp, and they don't want to introduce a new tameable, just to have to revamp it a little down the road. I get the feeling that the Pet Revamp is on their priority list.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I talked with Kyronix on TC, and he said the reason that there weren't more tameables in ToL, is because they're planning on doing the Pet Revamp, and they don't want to introduce a new tameable, just to have to revamp it a little down the road. I get the feeling that the Pet Revamp is on their priority list.
If it's on their priority list then it should have been done by now they have only been talking about it since 2011... or even earlier... I for 1 am getting a bit tired of hearing that... I would like to see some action in that department... It's like talking about how they once talked of doing gardens... and how they didn't want to give us dirt tiles because they were considering letting us have our own fields where we might garden and grow things... I think that'll happen when pigs fly.

ZippyTwitch

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The tigers seem to have a special attack that drop the target's physical resist by 10 points for a few seconds.
I guess a rune beetle/tiger combo might be pretty powerful. I will try it out once my tiger bounds with my tamer.
Tigers also have a bleed attack.

Silent Singer

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
You know, I get that we are an old crotchety bunch. I get that the people who are still here remain because they LOVE this game. So opinions run strong and often. But for frick's sake guys, go easy with the criticism for one. We have tameable tigers. The tigers have nice stats for their range. The tigers only take two slots each. The tigers have BEAUTIFUL animation (including the very awesome at rest stretch they do). The tigers have color variants. The tigers have nifty pelts. The tigers spawn easily, and are accessible without a Yamandon there to jack you up. The expansion which provides said tigers is FREE.

Do they allow mounts? No, just like they don't one shot greater dragons or poop out Mesanna lanterns. But for what they are, they are great. Every pet doesn't have to be uber.

@Kyronix or whoever else made these, NICE JOB! When I win the lottery and buy UO, I want this dev to create the animation for my custom troll-slaying Blood hound to sniff out naysayers across the land. Then bark at them loudly.

;)

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
You know, I get that we are an old crotchety bunch. I get that the people who are still here remain because they LOVE this game. So opinions run strong and often. But for frick's sake guys, go easy with the criticism for one. We have tameable tigers. The tigers have nice stats for their range. The tigers only take two slots each. The tigers have BEAUTIFUL animation (including the very awesome at rest stretch they do). The tigers have color variants. The tigers have nifty pelts. The tigers spawn easily, and are accessible without a Yamandon there to jack you up. The expansion which provides said tigers is FREE.

Do they allow mounts? No, just like they don't one shot greater dragons or poop out Mesanna lanterns. But for what they are, they are great. Every pet doesn't have to be uber.

@Kyronix or whoever else made these, NICE JOB! When I win the lottery and buy UO, I want this dev to create the animation for my custom troll-slaying Blood hound to sniff out naysayers across the land. Then bark at them loudly.

;)
I'm not saying they aren't pretty because they are... has anyone tried clicking their pet Tiger many times.... I seem to recall Mesanna saying something sometime back about them rolling over for a tummy rub... but I could have been dreaming... but their death animation would suggest that this might be the case.. Just saying...

I'm just tired of waiting for a Pet Revamp that's been on the books for so long I think the book has turned to dust and been buried under a heap of other things never to see the light of day again.

Tjalle

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I spent last night loring tigers to get some stat info.

Min and Max from what I could tell:

HP 350-450
Resists:
55-75
20-40
55-65
30-40
25-35

So looks like your white tiger is a decent one. :)

ZippyTwitch

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'm not saying they aren't pretty because they are... has anyone tried clicking their pet Tiger many times.... I seem to recall Mesanna saying something sometime back about them rolling over for a tummy rub... but I could have been dreaming... but their death animation would suggest that this might be the case.. Just saying...

I'm just tired of waiting for a Pet Revamp that's been on the books for so long I think the book has turned to dust and been buried under a heap of other things never to see the light of day again.
I just tried clicking my tigers to get them to roll on back for rubs. They didn't :(