• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

White Pup

• Thread starter rlpederson1102
  • Start date
  • Watchers 0
R

rlpederson1102

Can anyone please tell my how to sell a White Pup, on Lake Superior, for? Also can you tell me, or tell me where to find, a list of animals that can be donated to the moonglow zoo.
TY in advance.

G

I can't really help you with the pricing on the pup, I would think it depends on the stats and resists of the pet aswell as the individual buyer. I think your best bet would be to take offers at a public in-game auction. As for a list of pets for the zoo, here they are with their points. This can also be found by clicking the collection box at the zoo.

Points Pet
30 Wolves (Timber, Grey, White, etc.)
45 Slimes
45 Polar Bears
250 Unusual Riding Creatures (Unicorns, Nightmares, etc.)
300 Beetles (Rune, Fire, etc.)
400 Dragons & Drakes
550 Reptalons

R

rlpederson1102

Thank you for your time in posting a return. Also thank you for your advice. What I should clarify is what is a fair price for one it has pretty decent stats, and resists. I don't want to hold out for too much or not get his worth. So i guess what I am looking for as a ballpark figure on what it could be worth. Again thank you for taking the time to reply.

Llewen

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
This isn't a knock against greater dragons, I love them. I think they helped put the tamer template back on par with the other popular templates. Having said that, the only pet that I know of right now that I would be able to sell easily, would be a truly exceptional greater dragon, and even that I might have a hard time selling.

The truth is that greater dragons are the flavour of the day, with good reason, and they turned out to be a lot easier to farm, and it has turned out to be much easier to find really good ones than I expected it would be, so even for greater dragons, the only one that I feel I could probably easily sell would be a truly exceptional one, and even at that, I might have to go to the trouble of fully training her before I was able to sell her easily for a good price.

A pure white untrained cu sidhe, before greater dragons, with decent stats, should easily have fetched 2 mil. Now, I have no idea, and I suspect it won't be very easy to sell her period. I would probably suggest trying to sell her for one mil.

And I shouldn't blame the whole collapse of the market on greater dragons either. Part of the problem is that gold is much harder to come by than it used to be, and everything has dropped in price, significantly. The developers should be happy about this, because I think this was what they were trying to do, so they deserve some congratulations for this.

The other factor is that I think a fairly large number of the veteran, more wealthy players, have been leaving, and at the same time, if the publicity is to be believed, there have been a lot of new, and returning players, which is terrific, but it is a two edged sword for merchants. New players need more stuff, and are a good potential market, but they don't have access to the gold that veteran players have, especially for higher end merchandise.

There is also one other, somewhat depressing factor, and that is the overall state of the rl world economy. Times are tough right now, and people don't have as much real disposable income to spend on luxuries, and that includes virtual gold for a game like UO.

I guess my final verdict is, this isn't the best time to be a high end pet merchant. One thing you should always keep yourself open to is trades. People who don't have enough gold to buy what you are selling, will often offer killer trades. So don't be fixated on gold, you can pick yourself up some very nice items that you might have a hard time finding any other way if you are willing to make trades. Make it clear you are willing to do this.

I guess my final piece of advice might be, if you are really looking to make some gold as a merchant, lower your expectations. Now might be a good time to get into selling pets that are less expensive. Blue pack beetles are always in demand, and you should be able to sell them easily for 20k each. I'm not sure you would be able to make gold faster than just going to your favourite hunting spots but if you really want to be a pet merchant, then this is something you might want to try.

I have some other ideas as well, but I'm not ready to share all my secrets yet.

G

Sad but true, hard to run into another vet in game anymore, then again, it's pretty hard to run into anyone at all. That's on napa anyhow.

G

I play on Napa. I still have a Order List for Colored Cu Sidhes a mile long. I've been slacking on farming them since Great Wyrms came out, but was constantly being called in by my customers (Who were mainly guildmembers) to tame Great Wyrms for them. Plus one of my main buyers (The GM of KOA) is thinking about quitting UO.

Llewen

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
One of the keys to being a merchant for high end items, is networking. Make friends. Get ICQ and use it. Join a guild. Again, I'm not advocating making friends and joining guilds just to make sales, but if you get to know people, and you get a reputation for selling certain items, people will come looking for you. One thing that is nice is that you learn pretty quickly who can afford to pay a fair price, and who can't. It allows you to help people that need it while still being able to sell to those who can afford it.

But networking doesn't happen over night. It's a lot like taming itself, it takes time and patience, but once you become known, and you have a good reputation, you will find that you won't be able to keep up to the demand.

kitiara-atlantic

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
While dragons are the flavor of the week, I sold a red cu sidhe (same rarity as white), 3x GM trained but with pretty bad HP and resists, for 1.5 mil on Atlantic 2 weeks ago. (Was asking 2 mil, negotiated to 1.5).

If I were you, I'd still start at 3 mil for an untrained white cu with decent stats. Bad stats, 2 mil. Awesome stats, 3+ mil. Fully trained with good stats, 5+ mil.

It may take you longer to sell now that everyone wants a GDrag, but personally I wouldn't wiggle any more than half a mil on the above. For a quick sale, sell dirt cheap - but I think a good cu (especially a rare colored one) is still worth those prices.

It took me about 2 hours in-game to sell the red cu at the bank.