• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

whisperingroseradio, just curious

• Thread starter concernedplayer
  • Start date
  • Watchers 0
C

concernedplayer

How is it that a website and radio service that is so respected by EA that they are often posted on UO.com as a fansite, and yet ...

Right now they're running all over the game dropping books that violates EA's tos by spamming links to gold seller's websites?

K

kennykilleduo

How is it that a website and radio service that is so respected by EA that they are often posted on UO.com as a fansite, and yet ...

Right now they're running all over the game dropping books that violates EA's tos by spamming links to gold seller's websites?

EA Mythic took over , nuff said...:stir:

Dermott of LS

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Proof?

I know WRR uses gold sellers as their advertisements in their broadcast (as is their right), but we'd need some actual proof on wrongdoing in game.

Not defending or accusing anyone without proof on something like this.

wanderer1origin

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED

why grief one of few player run things left to uo!!!!!!!!!!

the 2 search banned LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! book drops happen daily

and then llts books that make trash can also !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

J

jelinidas

They both allow cheats. I used to do the Sat night Deal or no Deal on WRR. Donateted millions in gold, unused heritage tokens etc. I got so fed up with the way they conducted business that I have not been back in many many weeks. UO may be next. How hard can it be to draw a line? Or, is the line already drawn?

M

monica33

WRR are not the ones either dropping the books or running the websites that you mention, although there are some commercials on WRR advertising these sites.
WRR does however participate in PAC weekly auction and you may see some members helping by dropping books and runes to the auction house prior to the auction.
I have seen characters dropping these books that I pick up and throw in the trash but I have never seen a WRR member doing so. My husband is one of the DJ's and he has never been asked, or participated, in this form of advertising.
If you observe a member of WRR breaking some rule then I am sure that if you reported the incident to them that they would educate the member forthwith. They do not promote in game advertising other than that which they are allowed, that being for WRRAD.com.
You must also remember that the DJ's and other members are all simply player volunteers and may not know all the rules themselves.
I hope that this clears up some misconceptions about WRR.

C

Crystal Rose

DoND is growing accustomed to being the victom of griefers..lol. Ack..don't litter our shard with books..your event is being held at the wrong time..I should have won the gold..

We can't make everyone happy...As with almost any ingame/xshard activities there are going to be certain individuals that are going to be unhappy with certain tough decissions that are made by those putting them on.

Yes, some people will get upset when their names are called to receive one of the 250k door prizes or to be a semi contestant..and they are either afk or not in the Deal or No Deal UO Style Studio...We can't hold the game up for one or 2 individuals. We are sticking to the rules very closely trying NOT to upset people. The bottom line is: You Must Be There To Win! Period. If our books are picked up after being dropped...that's ok too. We put on our events for the enjoyment of all of Sosaria as fairly as we can.

If you are an individual that is unhappy with the way we do DoND then I'm sorry we couldn't have made it a better experience for you.

WRR has gladly been able to pay winners millions of gold through advertisers. If it weren't for these advertisers and Sandman's wallet, we wouldn't have been able to bring DoND to all of Sosaria for the past 2 years.

Oh...btw...Deal or No Deal Uo Style will be on Lake Superior this Saturday June 14th. There will be 5 - 50mil books out in the field! The studio is located at the North entrance into Luna (within the walls of Luna). There will also be a parade and another Xanadu Loot House with millions in checks and items to be picked up..after DoND on Lk Superior for those interested.

Be sure to stay tuned to www.wrrad.com.
Hope to see you all soon!
Vana Mana Rose

Redxpanda

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'm glad someone came and represented WRR. They do nothing but good for this game.

M

monica33

I should clarify that the books that I pick up and trash are not the ones advertising in game events like PAH weekly auctions or other in game events, but rather the ones that advertise outside sites selling items and gold for real cash. (you all know the ones)
WAY TO GO WRRAD.COM and all their volunteers!

D

Desolation87

WRR are a huge plus to UO. Selflessly giving out gold and items for just having fun.

Leave WRR to be!

C

concernedplayer

Proof?

I know WRR uses gold sellers as their advertisements in their broadcast (as is their right), but we'd need some actual proof on wrongdoing in game.

Not defending or accusing anyone without proof on something like this.
Yeah they have sponsors on their website. The sponsors have made their way to the 1st page of their book drops. You open up their new promotion DealOrNoDeal 50 MIL books spammed around the very first page says *SPONSORED BY http://*******.com".

Not saying WRR hasn't done alot for the community its why they're featured on UO often. I'm saying its not appropriate to be spamming gold sellers inside their books in the game, its against the TOS and I've had it with books spamming gold sellers in the game.

C

concernedplayer

This whole thread is the epitome of what ticks me off so much about this. Its like there's this cute little baby, awww everyone loves the baby. Hi baby hi baby baaaaaby aww cute little baby.

Then someone comes along and sticks a gold seller's outfit "buy gold here" on the baby and I say hey wait a minute, that baby shouldn't be wearing a gold seller's outfit. Then everybody in the world thinks I didn't say the baby was cute and comes in defense of the baby.

I didn't say the baby was ugly, I said the baby shouldn't be spamming books all over UO with outside links to gold seller websites that violates EA's TOS and amongst other things, bugs the hell out of me. I've very much enjoyed the fact that I haven't hardly seen a gold seller book in a week or more, I think EA's been banning them and it doesn't surprise me that gold link spammers would try to start advertising on a baby's back rather than dropping books themselves and getting banned for it.

Nok

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
that gold link spammers would try to start advertising on a baby's back rather than dropping books themselves and getting banned for it.
Exactly. What is to stop someone completely not associated with WRRAD from dropping books using WRRAD's name and reputation to enhance their own? There isn't.

TazzUGK

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Exactly. What is to stop someone completely not associated with WRRAD from dropping books using WRRAD's name and reputation to enhance their own? There isn't.

These things unfortunately happen. I used to run a pretty large guild on Baja that focused around running in game events and we would drop books promoting events. We have had people pick up books change what is said in them and drop them back on the ground. Just for the sake of being rude.

Gildar

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Website written in a book? Report it through the GM system in game.
Person advertising a website in game? Report it through the GM system in game.
Suspected favoritism towards a group or individual by GMs not enforcing the rules? Report it through the GM review system, and maybe report it to Jeremy as well.

Complaining about the situation on forums tends to do nothing more than make people fight amongst themselves and cause EA to ignore what often comes off as a petty argument between uninformed people.