• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Whip drop rate

Zalan

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Is it just me or does the drop rate for whips seem a little to low? I try to get one Krampus hunt in a day even if it involves doing 5hrs worth of trade runs. Out of 15+ Kills I`ve only gotten one Whip to drop.

Zeke

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I've done at least 3 runs a day and have only gotten 1 whip - Macing one :( They should have made the whip drops recipes if they want to introduce a new weapon. Other than the whip drops I've enjoyed this event and will continue to participate until I leave for the holidays.

Lucivius

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I've done at least 3 runs a day and have only gotten 1 whip - Macing one :( They should have made the whip drops recipes if they want to introduce a new weapon. Other than the whip drops I've enjoyed this event and will continue to participate until I leave for the holidays.
I've easily done over 30, not a single whip yet.

PlayerSkillFTW

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Yeah, the whips are stupid rare for what they are. I've been asking for Macing and Fencing to get a 1H Whirlwind Wep for years now (Swords already has the Radiant Scimitar for it), and it completely sucks that they are a rare drop from a limited time event. I saw a Barbed Whip for sale on Vendor Search on Atlantic the other day, for 40 Mill. They don't even show up on Vendor Search if you look for "Whip", you have to manually go through the list of high priced weps that require Mace Fighting skill, in order to find the Barbed Whips.
There also seems to be special variants of the whips, for i found a "Cool Whip" for sale on Atlantic the other day, it has 100% Cold Damage.
Cool Whip.PNG

Whips totally should have been a recipe, considering you'd need 7 of them for a full Super Slayer set, not even counting how many you'd blow through if you tried to reforge them to 100% Element that matches the Slayer group's weakest resist.
Plus, i would've preferred if Fencing got a Whip for 1H WW, Macing got a Flail for 1H WW, and Swords kept it's Radiant Scimitar for 1H WW.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Yes the cool whip is now up for auction here.

I wonder if there are more 100% elemental s that drop.

The whip drop rate is toooooo low. I got a mace one and was given a fencing.

CovenantX

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I have only gotten 5 whips, typically doing 12 trade orders (3 on 4 characters each before killing krampus) out of maybe 70 or so total drops.

6 Krampus minion Boots recipes.
1 Krampus minion Hat recipe
11 'Nice" Titles.
5 "Naughty" Titles
3 "Punisher" titles
5 Whips (1 spiked, 2 barbed, 2 bladed) all failed horribly with reforge attempts. (down to 0 whips)
20 Purses saved, not sure how many I threw out.... The Coin Purse is by far my most common reward. I'd estimate I've gotten roughly 40-50 coin purses since this event started.

Coin purse Contents: (so far.) gold/gems.
1 Moonstone Necklace (not listed in the patch notes, wonder what other things drop that aren't listed?)
1 Golden "Branch" (diseased bark graphic)
3 "punishin' list"
6 dirty snowballs
5 Cards of Semidar (2 Krampus, 2 Minax the Enchantress, 1 Nystul the Mage)

I figured with an event like this, it's going to get boring pretty fast, so better farm it while it's new & people are still interested in it, going to take even longer to get whips as the event comes to an end.
I would expect the whips to become craft-able sometime after the event, but this Dev Team seems to go out of their way to make sure to do something disappointing when it comes to this kind of thing.

Chrille

Sage
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Glorious Lord
I've got around 50 % coin purses and rest in the other 8 items. Of them from my drops it seems that you get 50% titles and 25% recipes and 25% whips. That gives dropchances to be 25% titles 12,5 recipes and 12,5 whips and rest purses.

I have got 6 whips out of 26 non purse drops 0,5*6/26=11,5 % which is rather close to calculated droprate, of them Ive got 1 spiked 4 bladed and 1 barbed.

CovenantX drops for whips are 0,5*5/31=8% and his recipes are 0,5*7/31=11,2% and titles are 0,5*19/31 = 30,6% if just looking at non purse drops.

Our combined drop rate for whips are 9,6% a bit low but still a small amount of samples and rather close to calculated dropchance of 12,5%.

My numbers on the nonpurse drops are 54% titles 23% recipes and 23% whips. If counted purse drop aswell the numbers are halfed to 27% / 11,5% / 11,5%.

Totals could also go towards 50% purses 30% titles 10% whips and 10% recipes. Just need more numbers to see, and a problem is that purse drops usually just get tossed so hard to get the exact amount of them.

Laura_Gold

Certifiable
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I've gotten way too many coin purses with only gold and gemstones in them. It's disappointing. I'm disappointed.
How many times do I say "bad design" before I say "from a bad designer"?

Minerva Foxglove

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
If you dont have a fighting gargoyle you dont have a chance to get the garg recipies, why is that? Anything else is possible to get whatever race you are. Thoose in my guild that have a fighting gargoyle try to help the rest of us with the recipies but noone has the earring recipie so far. I swapped a whip for talon recipie , they seem to be rare as well . Anyone else got thoose recipies? A bunch of us do Krampus several times every day. I hope after the event there will be recipies both for earrings, talons and whips to get some other way!

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
If you dont have a fighting gargoyle you dont have a chance to get the garg recipies, why is that? Anything else is possible to get whatever race you are. Thoose in my guild that have a fighting gargoyle try to help the rest of us with the recipies but noone has the earring recipie so far. I swapped a whip for talon recipie , they seem to be rare as well . Anyone else got thoose recipies? A bunch of us do Krampus several times every day. I hope after the event there will be recipies both for earrings, talons and whips to get some other way!
Sadly they aren't special at all they are just same ole art just with a different name... whoop-de-do... It's sad the Gargoyles still run around in a burlap bag and have very little to wear that is nice.

Riyana

Operations
Administrator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Event Coordinator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
I am inclined to think the underlying problem with this and with a lot of content with similar complaints, especially short-term content, is trying to scale everything against Atlantic.

The Krampus loot probably works fine there (maybe someone from Atlantic could chime in on this?), but on most other shards it's going to be a much bigger time investment to kill just one, so the less desirable loot options become all the more frustrating, especially given that this content won't be around long and is at the busiest time of the year for a lot of people. Without somehow fixing or meaningfully mitigating the shard imbalances (which would be a massive task and way out of the scope of any individual content release), I don't know how they could reasonably address this.

They're between a rock and a hard place on shard imbalance--consolidating/closing shards would result in lots of cancelled accounts, and scaling all shards except Atlantic higher would result in angry Atlantic players and increase farming of lower population shards by those with the cross-shard mobility to easily do so (which is another major imbalance, but I digress). I think it's a serious problem that is getting worse, but I also recognize that most possible actions to alleviate it would be a big risk for Broadsword.

As for what should be recipes and what should be drops: I think the whips probably should have been a recipe too, but even that limits production to whoever got the recipes at the time. They put in an awful lot of work and effort to make a new weapon with a very limited window to acquire. I'm inclined to say that nothing with desirable utility should really be a super limited time thing because all that does is jack prices up and put new/returning players even further behind than they already are with no way to catch up except to madly farm gold... or just buy it, which is often likely the result. They need a good strategy for what items are acquired how and when.