• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Discussion] While people don't mine?

CorwinXX

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
I've just mined about an hour and got 1800 dull copper, 1300 shadow and 500 golden ingots. Add here some agapite/valorite, almost 2k iron and 10 gems - and you will get almost 1mil per hour. I usually don't mine and so I don't know where good vines are placed. I think after some research I could mine 200 valorite in addition.

Wizal the Fox

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I don't mine because it's boring as hell hehe. Until now I used to hunt for ingredients for Elixirs of conversion, especially the Valorite ones. But I admit recently the prices of even Dull Copper and Shadow is so insane that I might end up mining again when my stock will be low, because there is no way I would pay the prices I see on the market :cool:

Kylie Kinslayer

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
Not my shard, but....

I stopped mining when they did away with the veins having the same type ore all the time. I hate having to dig for hours on end to get enough ore to do X or Y because of the random stuff. I prefer to spend all that time hunting something to snag the gold then just go buy the ingots.

Oh... and for the same reason Wizal said too :D

CorwinXX

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Veins are just 'slightly random'. So if you found valorite ingots in some place you usually find valorite ingots on this place the next time you come. But there are some small probability that vein type will change.

Jonathen

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Trammel dungeons are my favourite place to mine - niter deposits & occasional crystalline blackrock on the ore elementals help bump up the profitability. Valorite spots & niter can be found fairly quickly by setting a macro and wandering until they pop up. It's still pretty boring though ;)

CorwinXX

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Is it more boring than killing the Scalis or an UEV 20 times in a raw?
Mine Felucia - and PK's make the process more interesting :). I don't think you can mine 6k ingots per hour in other facets.

Winker

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I mine, but that said I have not been out for weeks. I just horde all the ingots.

RaistlinNowhere

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
ufff i dont mine for ages, thats why i bought almost 60k - 100k of all ingots before publish 79, just to be safe hehe

Heimi

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Earth Elementals in Shame Level 1 drop 5-10 ore of all colours as well as magic items :)