• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

While hunting for easter eggs I came across an obelisk...

Jynxx

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Found it a little strange. It was sitting in the middle of the woods and obviously wasn't from an idoc because it wasn't in a clearing. Clicking it did nothing, but I was able to drag a health bar off it.

ob1.png

I cast a few spells and an EV at it, but it did nothing. But I was able to attack it.

ob2.png

It died pretty quick and it sorta fought back (I lost maybe 5 hp) before it disintegrated. No loot or anything and have found no others around. Seemed way too weak to be a leftover from an EM event. Anyone know what it was from?

Cinderella

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Awards
the 20th anniversary event arc. (shattered obelisk)
you collected treasure maps from Hythloth.
And when you dug them up that is what they looked like.
You had to pull up the health bar in order to kill it.
(exactly like you did)
some people didn't know how to defeat it,
so they left it where it spawned.
they had special items inside the treasure chests,
used for the next part of the event.

dvv

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Yeah I had a few of these and it was a nice surprise

Keven2002

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Upon my roaming for rabbits, I came across some black rock elements and toxic slimes. I tried to kill them but they have some major reflect damage so I decided to run away intead lol

Tina Small

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Found it a little strange. It was sitting in the middle of the woods and obviously wasn't from an idoc because it wasn't in a clearing. Clicking it did nothing, but I was able to drag a health bar off it.

View attachment 128890

I cast a few spells and an EV at it, but it did nothing. But I was able to attack it.

View attachment 128891

It died pretty quick and it sorta fought back (I lost maybe 5 hp) before it disintegrated. No loot or anything and have found no others around. Seemed way too weak to be a leftover from an EM event. Anyone know what it was from?
I still have some of the maps from that event that I never dug up and had thrown into a chest. I tried one a while back, sometime in the last year, and if I recall correctly, it brought up an obelisk like you found.

Danpal

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Nice Throw back I think there some of the one events bosses still out on the deader shards the ones in the water that dropped one of the 4 gems.

Poo

The Grandest of the PooBah’s
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
EMs are just large kids that cant clean up their toys when they are done.
i always seem to run into stuff they leave out laying around.
i tell you if they were my kids there would be some sore bottom sides!

Drakelord

Grand Poobah
Governor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Awards
EMs are just large kids that cant clean up their toys when they are done.
i always seem to run into stuff they leave out laying around.
i tell you if they were my kids there would be some sore bottom sides!
I know I keep running into avatars, and objects everywhere on Sonoma

Cinderella

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Awards
I know I keep running into avatars, and objects everywhere on Sonoma
yes & EM Xanthus said that the old oracles were causing the shards to crash. That is why they created these new oracles. But the old ones are still out and about. (don't speak to the one in Skara Brae or its lights out)

Some of the old deco has been asked to be taken down, but they won't do that, because it is history for the shard. (but yet they threaten to take down deco in Britain because of a few complaints)