• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Which Would You Choose?

Val-Tur

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
If you had an ABC archer with Bushido = 100, Anatomy = 100. If you could bump one of them up to 120, which would you choose, Bushido 120 or Anatomy 120.? Bushido 120 would make lightning strike crit rate go from 13% to 20%,, Anatomy 120 would give extra 10% pre-mod damage.

Captn Norrington

Stratics Forum Moderator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Anatomy. Reliable 10% extra damage beats 7% only sometimes damage to me.

Corwyn

Lake Superior Tabloid Journalist
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
I think I'd prefer the steady increase in damage. I agree that Anatomy would be the better choice.

Maximus Neximus

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
What's the rest of the template? Do you need the 20 bushido for extra mana reduction? If not, anatomy.

Nero

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
120 Bushido lets you also control a lesser hiryu nearly 100%. Very useful for the current invasions as mostly another pet or player is tanking.

Akiho

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
'Lightning Strike. Now that's an ability I've not heard in a long time'
'I think my uncle knows it, he said it was dead'

In all seriousness though, I'd be surprised if many still use it. Everyone I know uses either Armour Ignore or Double Strike or in the case of archery, AI with a composite or double shot on a Yumi. Far more damage than lightning strike with a small chance of a crit.

In the early days of Sampire'ism' Lightning Strike was certainly used extensively due to it's low mana cost and HCI bonus, but now that legendary gear is so accessible and stats are maxed I think most go for the big hitter abilities as mentioned above.

So I would say Anatomy over Bush all the way.

kaio

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
For the sake of the argument, and since we haven't seen the rest of the template, i vote BUSHIDO :)
120 bushido give you more healing from confidence, you reach perfection faster, and the 20% crit strike at 120 arent that bad :)

Obsidian

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
On my wraith thrower, I run with 80 Bushido and 120 anatomy. That's the same setup I'd run for your ABC Archer, provided you can get to 300 skill points in combat skills to quality for the -10 mana cost per special move.

Val-Tur

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
'Lightning Strike. Now that's an ability I've not heard in a long time'
'I think my uncle knows it, he said it was dead'

In all seriousness though, I'd be surprised if many still use it. Everyone I know uses either Armour Ignore or Double Strike or in the case of archery, AI with a composite or double shot on a Yumi. Far more damage than lightning strike with a small chance of a crit.

In the early days of Sampire'ism' Lightning Strike was certainly used extensively due to it's low mana cost and HCI bonus, but now that legendary gear is so accessible and stats are maxed I think most go for the big hitter abilities as mentioned above.

So I would say Anatomy over Bush all the way.
The difference in 20% & 13% crit rate is iffy vs 10% constant damage, imo. I have chosen 120 anatomy for this template. I completely disagree with the assessment that 20% crit rate using LS @ 120 bush is a small chance. I use composite bow almost exclusively. Both AI & LS can be useful on the same fight. Due to the nerfs to mana leech on archery & the fact that you cannot get homor consistantly on fights like invasions (everyone trying to get honor with thier pets, etc) you cannot chain AI constantly like we used to be able to. Maybe if you have billions you can afford to make the mana issue almost go away through gear, but most of us cannot. On my sever, the legendary pieces worth having for melee are far & few between. Some of them are going for 20 mil each if you can find them. Each to their own.

Akiho

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
The difference in 20% & 13% crit rate is iffy vs 10% constant damage, imo. I have chosen 120 anatomy for this template. I completely disagree with the assessment that 20% crit rate using LS @ 120 bush is a small chance. I use composite bow almost exclusively. Both AI & LS can be useful on the same fight. Due to the nerfs to mana leech on archery & the fact that you cannot get homor consistantly on fights like invasions (everyone trying to get honor with thier pets, etc) you cannot chain AI constantly like we used to be able to. Maybe if you have billions you can afford to make the mana issue almost go away through gear, but most of us cannot. On my sever, the legendary pieces worth having for melee are far & few between. Some of them are going for 20 mil each if you can find them. Each to their own.
And this is where our play styles differ, I run almost exclusively a Yumi with Double Shot. There are only a few select fights where I feel the mobs resists are high enough to justify using a Composite Bow for AI but when I do I usually go wraith form for the extra mana leech.
With the invasion captains etc, I use 100% Energy Damage Yumi with Hit Lightning and it far out damages AI, more so with all the other players there debuffing the target. With just 40% mana leech on my bow I rarely have an issue with mana even with a fairly average suit.

And of course it's waaaay easier to hit max swing speed with a Yumi. Composite Bows require a minimum of 55% SSI and 210+ Stamina to hit max swing speed leaving you no choice but to put SSI on the bow and lowering your mana leech if you want max swing speed.

As you say though, each to their own.

Val-Tur

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I ran with Yumi's a long time ago & imbued several. For the content I was fighting at the time, I could not see the advantage. AI was more consistent than DS. I may play around with them again. Most of the stuff I use my archer for tend to be higher resist mobs.

Akiho

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
I ran with Yumi's a long time ago & imbued several. For the content I was fighting at the time, I could not see the advantage. AI was more consistent than DS. I may play around with them again. Most of the stuff I use my archer for tend to be higher resist mobs.
I completely agree with you, if you are mostly fighting high resist mobs the Composite with AI is best. Of all the encounters I get involved with on my archer, there is barely a handful that benefit from AI, but that's just me.

Regarding SSI on a yumi, you don't need any at all. Having 20% SSI on equipment (any combo of ring/Brace/trade buff or talisman) with 180+ Stamina is enough to swing at max speed.

Our play styles are a bit different so I wouldn't expect you to change yours. I just wanted to explain why I chose Anatomy over Bush to answer the original question. :thumbup:

Keven2002

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
This is interesting to me because I have both skills at 120 on my archer BUT I barely use them anymore so I'd guess my build is probably a little outdated (can't remember exactly but it's like an all offense build so resist is probably low). When I do use the archer though I don't use lightning strike so I'm wondering if I should drop Bushido down myself. Aside from the mana reduction piece is there any major reason not drop it down to 80?

Val-Tur

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I have 120 Bushido stoned. I decided to play around with my template. I tried 50 Bushido for a about a week. I did not like it - too weak. My opinion is why bother with Bushido at all if you aren't gonna take advantage of 100% damage increase from honor. I am going to go with 70 real Bushido skill & jewel up to 100 .