• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Which skills to scroll

neckbones

Adventurer
I don't have piles of platinum in my bank account, there's no way I can afford to feed a bagful of 120 scrolls to my pets while training. Hell... if I bought one it would wipe me out.

ANYWAY... I have this legacy nightmare I've trained him up and want to take it from 4 slot to 5 slot but I'm wondering if I should go cheap and use 110 and 115 scrolls. At the rate I make money, it's going to be a LONG time before I can come up with the 150-200 million needed to dump a pile of 120 scrolls on it. Below shows what I've done with him so far, I plan to go AI/Magery so maybe stick to 120 for eval and magery, go cheap on the others? Any input would be appreciated.

Also... if you're on Great Lakes and feel like showing a returning player the ropes of making big money PM me :)
1.png 2.png 3.png 4.png 5.png 6.png 7.png 8.png

Kir

Journeyman
My advice is don't scroll your PP mare, there are better pets that are stronger and worth more to scroll, imho anyway.

Otherwise, I normally just scroll Wrestle and Parry to 110 at the minimum, Anatomy 110 and tactics 110 next if they aren't too expensive... :scholar:

PS: Int rather low-ish, don't forget to cap them and the Base damage.

Last edited:

gwen

Slightly Crazed
First please explain what will you use this pet for?
PP legacy nightmare can be sold which will make you gold for gear or scroll for a Cute or triton for PvM.
Magery on PvM pets is no good at all. Magery mastery too.

Try Cu with 110 scrolls which you can afford. Can even take one and give it magery. Or lesser Hiryu. Or Stygian Drake. You will learn skills and scrolling better so when you will get gold for 120's you will not waste them on useless pet.

Ascalon

Adventurer
Do you have any 105/110 generating characters that you enjoy or are willing to play to get low end scrolls? Meaning fishing, but you'll also need a t-map character to dig them up. That would give you an opportunity to build a few pets as prototypes to see what skills are important to you.

Some of the points are "cheap", so take a look at the skill point cost. That might help decide to add some scrolls.

As far as going ahead with building your pre-patch, as long as you're happy with the final build, then, for you, it's a good pet. Once you train up a pre-patch, it seems like it drops some of the re-sale value, because people have different ideas on how they want the pet.

Anyway, to me, the important scrolls are Wrestling and Parry, next level down Resist and Tactics, the other scrolls below that. This would be for a general, replaceable pet. I'm not sure what to offer as advice on putting 110's and 115's on a pre-patch pet, other than only do it as a stop gap and don't allocate all the training points so you can upgrade it later. Also, depending on what magic skill you pick, you might want to add scrolls for that. Same goes for if you pick a special move that generates a skill, like FWW.

neckbones

Adventurer
First please explain what will you use this pet for?
PP legacy nightmare can be sold which will make you gold for gear or scroll for a Cute or triton for PvM.
Magery on PvM pets is no good at all. Magery mastery too.

Try Cu with 110 scrolls which you can afford. Can even take one and give it magery. Or lesser Hiryu. Or Stygian Drake. You will learn skills and scrolling better so when you will get gold for 120's you will not waste them on useless pet.
It'll just be general purpose I suppose. I don't plan to sell it, I'll find another way to buy scrolls for it. I've got a Chiv/AI cu that I put some 110's on and he does pretty good. I put. A lesser hiryu and a fire steed we're put in the stables yesterday waiting on a bonding before I train them up.

Thx

Ascalon

Adventurer
Firesteed is one of the pets I like that seems under-rated. Rideable, high fire damage melee, 2 special attacks, and can take on a magic. It's a good one to experiment and prototype on. For general purpose hunting, I like 80/80/60/65/80 resist. The idea being it covers the most common melee (physical) and the most common casting (fire and energy) at max resist while not being too low on the other two resists.

Firesteed or Cu both make nice discord pets. Discord and AI template. One of the advantages is that it doesn't have any area effects, so you don't kill or target things you didn't intend to. If you have Chiv and you're farming Cu sometimes you'll get a Satyr hit by the area attack and it can generate a little bit of chaos for you. 120 Discord is a fairly cheap scroll because there's not a high demand for it. Also, it's a slow raising skill, so it goes well on a pet that you use occasionally. I use a Discord/AI firesteed and it's at the point where it can consistently discord Cu's when I'm turning the spawn over. It can kill a paragon at this point, but doesn't do well discording them. Currently at 110.4/120 Discord. The rest 110 scrolls.

Navery is a good place to test out your prototype builds for Firesteeds. It's weak to fire and it's a long fight so you can see how it does, and also how it does when you get webbed and it's on its own for a while. Maybe you'll get an apron to drop too.

neckbones

Adventurer
I li
Firesteed is one of the pets I like that seems under-rated. Rideable, high fire damage melee, 2 special attacks, and can take on a magic. It's a good one to experiment and prototype on. For general purpose hunting, I like 80/80/60/65/80 resist. The idea being it covers the most common melee (physical) and the most common casting (fire and energy) at max resist while not being too low on the other two resists.

Firesteed or Cu both make nice discord pets. Discord and AI template. One of the advantages is that it doesn't have any area effects, so you don't kill or target things you didn't intend to. If you have Chiv and you're farming Cu sometimes you'll get a Satyr hit by the area attack and it can generate a little bit of chaos for you. 120 Discord is a fairly cheap scroll because there's not a high demand for it. Also, it's a slow raising skill, so it goes well on a pet that you use occasionally. I use a Discord/AI firesteed and it's at the point where it can consistently discord Cu's when I'm turning the spawn over. It can kill a paragon at this point, but doesn't do well discording them. Currently at 110.4/120 Discord. The rest 110 scrolls.

Navery is a good place to test out your prototype builds for Firesteeds. It's weak to fire and it's a long fight so you can see how it does, and also how it does when you get webbed and it's on its own for a while. Maybe you'll get an apron to drop too.
Yeah I like the thought of a discord/AI firesteed. I'll have a go at Navery after it gets buffed up a bit, thanks!