• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Which side are you choosing?

Kas Althume

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
So tell me, which side will you choose in the upcoming live event? Will i be alone fighting for the ophids cause everyone else wants the new mountable?rolleyes:

O

Ozzmandias

Well, I have an ophid slayer scrappers that's been sitting around in a box for just such an occasion...

I can not not can I?

T

Trevelyan

Will decide when I get a good bow sorted. Once I have the right slayer (Ophidian or Repond), then my mage will support the opposite side.

Hmm but then I need the right book for my mage!

Odin of Europa

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Not sure, need to sort out a weapon and spellbook.

I've read that people have seen the berzerkers or generals that you need the power, vanq, mystic weps to kill - are they part of this war? Do both sides have their own berzerkers or is it just the ophidians?

Do the Bane Chosen have a slayer vulnerability?

Aurelius

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Probably both, on different characters, but exactly who might be on which side depends on what we see in the supposedly imminent fiction telling us what is going on. Given the name though, I suspect the Bane might be more dubious than the ophidians, plus their pets seem to be blackrock fuelled - not usually a good sign!

Mapper

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I will probably be siding with both on different characters also, Would like to get a few of each reward to say 'been there, done that'. :p

I think I will be siding more with the Bane though and killing the Ophidians to get some blackrock stew for a lovely bane dragon I want.

Escaflowne

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Bah Vesper will battle the ophidians like we always have! Our arch nemesis!

But yeah is there any fiction to this storyline i can read? or is some going to be posted? Cause i have no idea whats going on or who bane even is.

Flame (DrR)

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I will have to fight on both sides too (time permiting) so I can note everything thats said, done and handed out. Although which side Flame sides with will be down to fiction. Any help with quotes/items from this event would be helpful in my record keeping.

THP

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
when is this or when was it??? lol so busy in real life

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I can't decide that till we know which are the 'good guys' I don't want to find my 'good' chars accidentally fighting on the side of evil.

M

Myna

well cant you tame a dragon while fighting for the ophs? i know you need the stew to feed the dragon but if so then its intended that the dragons shouldnt stay forever after the event because you need the stew to feed them from time to time. then i dont want for my own .... and to be honest ... i really dont need that pet, its just as strong as a regular dragon ...pffff .. and swamp dragon looks ugly in classic client anyway.

so i fight for the ophs .... i think the bane are the bad guys (why are there names all red? where do they come from?) ... the ophs were the ancient race in ultima 7, i liked them so i will support them and they were there a long time so i think the banes are the invaders collecting all the blackrock to do some evil stuff

C

Coppelia

You can try to think about the conspiracy behind all this, if maybe the monsters aren't the evil side there, if there's no good side at all in fact, etc. But you're going to have a headache for nothing.
The good guys are obviously those providing me food for the new tamable. Period.

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The bane dragon, I'm told, has the same stats as a dread warhorse. Since I've got a warhorse and he's prettier than the dragon, I'm planning to pass on that, unless something changes my mind.

Adol

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'll fight for both sides on different characters, to experience the content, but I'm not sure I feel strongly either way as to which side is good or bad, or even where they'd roughly be with regards to the various races of Britannia... it seems from some of the lore I've heard that the Ophidians are closest to alignment with the Human/Elf/Trammel worlds, so Aron will probably fight for them... which leaves me debating who to do the Bane, as my developing Sampire isn't going to be strong enough by the time it goes live. If my Bard is able to provoke Ophidians, I guess it'll just have to be him then...

Flame (DrR)

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I know the ophadians and our past dealings with them but who are these Bane? What do we know about them to base a decision on.

V

Vaklu

More people need to fight for the ophids! been there all morning and afternoon and not once did we win :(

M

Flame (DrR)

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
More people need to fight for the ophids! been there all morning and afternoon and not once did we win
I agree, Banes won every time I'v been there too :(. Sadly the fiction came out a bit late and it seems most sided with the Bane, perhaps because you can loot an Ophadian quicker or the Ricardo incident. Now the fictions out they would need to do alot to gain favour with the Ophadians again. Thankfully the information Aurelius post helped me choose the right side in advance. So if you have not picked sides yet we need help killing the Bane.

Escaflowne

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Repond slayers now work on the Bane. The devs changed it i'm told to make it easier for the Ophidian side. So someone might want to test it.

Kas Althume

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I fought for the ophids aswell. I do like em. :)
I just couldn't kill the banes fast enough. Seems for every bane i killed 20 ophids died. There wa no chance to win the battle. Havn't hunted yesterday tho and dont know if repond works now.

V

Vaklu

Ophids won today for the first time ever since i joined them, and i've been to over 30 rounds now :(

Escaflowne

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Everyone seemed to be fighting against the bane tonight lol, We just couldn't kill the ophidians fast enough.