• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Which Reward To Pick; pofolks

Zane_Xander

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I was tried of hanging on to all them rares so I rid myself of all them and came up with 100k Points -dont care for the deco stuff all that much.
was wondering is there any risk for holding on to the points.

0 if you had 100k points which picks are the most lucrative :popcorn:

A

Azureal

I was tried of hanging on to all them rares so I rid myself of all them and came up with 100k Points -dont care for the deco stuff all that much.

Wow, someone else that doesnt much care for the rewards, and here I was thinking I was all alone :)

Ive got 170k in points in the collection, Im thinking about sets of shirts for sale later on. But at only 1000 points I cant see how people cant afford these. Maybe the yucca trees, they arent too bad. I think the jewelry combo would be a good investment, surely Luck will get a kickalong soon, but thats a 300k points combo.

E_T

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'd hold onto your points at least until we find out if there will be a Phase III of the turn in and if there will be any new rewards!

Xel The Wanderer

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hail Folks,

I'm in the same boat. I have absolutely no idea what shwag to get. If they had snake skin undergarments, that's all that I would get. I still say that one of our Vet rewards should be an Undergarment Dye Tubs, but that's for another thread. I wouldn't mind running around in tiger-striped underwear all day long.

The Archery Butte seems pretty nice. I could invite some friends over to my humble abode and say, "Hey everyone! Let's play with my butte!" Get it??? Play with my... nevermind. :wall:

The "Knight Armor" set is like some upgraded form of Phoenix Armor with a different look and different properties, respectively. What I do know is that I have more space in my humble abode, so that's always a good thing! Like one of the other posters stated, maybe there will be a Phase III stage? If so, maybe the points will be better spent there. Thinking along those lines, the questions that are running around my head: "Will there be a Phase III? Is it even worth it to go to a Phase III? Do I have a bottle of rice wine laying around? Why does asparagus spike my bladder to produce that unique asparagus odor via bodily excretions?"

Damn you, asparagus! Damn you!...Stop...dancing...in...my...HEEEAD (or bladder)!

Draxous

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
seriously?

You guys haven't paid any attention to the ring/brace combo?

Redxpanda

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'm going for the butte. The dragon head would have made a nice addition if it worked properly.

A

Azureal

seriously?

You guys haven't paid any attention to the ring/brace combo?

I mentioned the ring/brace combo. Have another look, except I called it jewelry. *shrug*

Again though, it'll be considered only if they can tell me 100% that Luck really works.

J

Joyous2K

I stripped the walls of paintings and found a bunch of crap for home decorators and squeezed out a solid 120k.

Devs give us a chance to redeem a 120k ticket and then we can sell it to the "gimme gimme" generation.

A

Azureal

I stripped the walls of paintings and found a bunch of crap for home decorators and squeezed out a solid 120k.

Devs give us a chance to redeem a 120k ticket and then we can sell it to the "gimme gimme" generation.
Better yet, allow us to redeem any value ticket (minimum value of 10k maybe). Its been suggested a couple times.

Lady Michelle

Sprite Full SP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED

hunt in the anti virtue dungeons for the artifact 11 loot you get 10k points for those.

Xel The Wanderer

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
For my Canadian compadres...

Perhaps I should go for the Archery butte because that's what friendships are all "a butte", eh? Then again, the Phallus-like Beehive is also a winner in my books. It'd be great if it could act as an early warning weather device. You'll know, in advance, that the weather is going to be blinkin' cold if the "beehive" goes flaccid...:mad:

The "beehive" will be girthier on those more agreeable days! :lie:

Decisions, decisions. :danceb:

S

SilentFoxXy

With these things, as with most, it comes down to what the big vendor mall is selling items for I guess.

Compare 1 Blackthornes Shield @ 25k before everyone knew, with a level 11 Voice Of fallen, 850k.

Then put the mark in the middle, so, 10,000 points = minor doom arti (500,000)

Hence, A virtue tile retail is 500k, A pair of boots 1m, etc etc.

Fortunately being a mall owner I was lucky enough to be able to afford one of each item for histories sake, and , personally :-

The shirts are totally useless.

The Tiles are, kinda nice for shops if folks knew the open hand = honesty, but thats about it, maybe a few girls like me found Compassion rather sweet and has added to their houses, but the rest??

Alacrity Scrolls- useless to all but a newbie, and way outta their range @1m gp (20,000)

Guard Sashes, Wayyy over priced, but collectable @ 1.5m or 30,000

Snakees, mmm lovely, and priced about right @ 1m / 20,000

Yucca Tree Great value for the 18x18 / Tower/Keep castle owner for deco, shame they dont show on roofs in Umbra unless passer by enters the house first.

Bamboo @ 15,000pts Ditto above

Horse Barding 20,000pts Ditto Above

Dragon Head 50,000pts - Echo post above, shame they dont work

Nest with eggs 50,000pts - Ugly, Tiny and massively over priced, Dont Buy this.

Fire Pit 75,000pts
Beehive 80,000pts
Archery Butte 80,000pts

Shame these 3 are only available to the ultra riche as each is a lovely deco item on the same lines a heritage token deedable, ok for rareness they are priced about right, but whats the betting in 3 yrs they become a 150k token item...spending 4 to 5 million gp, or all those points is, at the mo, a bit ooooeer

Knights- Perfectly priced, totally collectable, gorgeous, useful, again shame only the mega riche can afford a set, but guess thats the point....

Jewel Set:- Yes, I got a set, then looked at my mage with Crystaline and Orni, no ty, Ill stick. Looked at my tamer, with SDI, +15 Tame and Vet, +15 Mage, with FCR provided by HOM and Arcane....no ty Ill stick

Looked at my current luck set, 1300, fc/fcr 3 and 5..again, for 15m Ill stick ty

Overall- Boots, Yukka, Bamboo and Horse Bard seem to this humble trader/collector, the best value options atm

But, we do have tier 3, any bets of 300,000- 500,000 PBDs and we all swear ...;)

Littleblue

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I haven't started turning in my Phase 2 items yet, but I know I've not got near enough goodies to get all the points I would like. The Luck Jewelry would be really nice, but way out of my range, hehe. I like the Yucca and Bamboo as well...maybe I can get one of those. :)

D

Desperado

After phase 1 and phase 2 I still have over a mil of points awaiting phase 3 as I have one of each reward and a few empty castles now lol
Time to close those accounts :thumbup1:

Beerman72

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Next phase brings colored underwear and breathmints!!!!

Hold ur points till then...they dont go stale and do not poof.

P

PixelPusher

I mentioned the ring/brace combo. Have another look, except I called it jewelry. *shrug*

Again though, it'll be considered only if they can tell me 100% that Luck really works.
I was finally able to get the combo today. Slapped it on with my luck suit (put me at 1584 luck), went out hunting many different things (including Shadow Wyrms!) and the loot was even worse than without the combo!!! I was getting many, many items with only one property or multiple lowest properties... That was also on many corpses that popped up with only 2-3 items inside when there should have been more.....

:mad: :cursing: :wall: :mad: :cursing: :wall: :mad: :cursing: :wall:

Patty Pickaxe

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Are there pictures of these items anywhere? I'd like to see what they look like before I claim anything.

T

T_Amon_from_work

I'd hold onto your points at least until we find out if there will be a Phase III of the turn in and if there will be any new rewards!
I have one house ... I sterilized that place last night. Kept at least one of several things and turned it all in. I'm not a packrat and am a casual player, barely hitting 100K. I got my firepit and some other stuff.

Phase 3? Pffft. Tonight I smelt loot armor that is not worth enhancing. By the time I'm done I should have a keep with 50% of its storage available for lockdowns. THEN I can deco and start getting things again.

BTW, 2D + UOA makes turnin of the tickets so much easier!

Nine Dark Moons

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'm going for the butte. The dragon head would have made a nice addition if it worked properly.
what's wrong with the dragon head? i picked that as one of my gifts, but it's on a shard i don't have a house on (i'll be transferring it to my home shard at some point), so i haven't fiddled around with it.

E

Emil IsTemp

If theres going to be a third tier, id like to have one of those huge vats like in the Bucs den bath house... getting tired of going all the way there to take a shower... or theres a graphic with one filled with grapes... (chocolate making, now wine making too!)

Nine Dark Moons

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
If theres going to be a third tier, id like to have one of those huge vats like in the Bucs den bath house...
that would be HILARIOUS!!! as a house deco item LOL... you'd have to design a whole room just to work around the vat. love it!

C

Connor_Graham

With these things, as with most, it comes down to what the big vendor mall is selling items for I guess.

Compare 1 Blackthornes Shield @ 25k before everyone knew, with a level 11 Voice Of fallen, 850k.

Then put the mark in the middle, so, 10,000 points = minor doom arti (500,000)

Hence, A virtue tile retail is 500k, A pair of boots 1m, etc etc.

Fortunately being a mall owner I was lucky enough to be able to afford one of each item for histories sake, and , personally :-

The shirts are totally useless.

The Tiles are, kinda nice for shops if folks knew the open hand = honesty, but thats about it, maybe a few girls like me found Compassion rather sweet and has added to their houses, but the rest??

Alacrity Scrolls- useless to all but a newbie, and way outta their range @1m gp (20,000)

Guard Sashes, Wayyy over priced, but collectable @ 1.5m or 30,000

Snakees, mmm lovely, and priced about right @ 1m / 20,000

Yucca Tree Great value for the 18x18 / Tower/Keep castle owner for deco, shame they dont show on roofs in Umbra unless passer by enters the house first.

Bamboo @ 15,000pts Ditto above

Horse Barding 20,000pts Ditto Above

Dragon Head 50,000pts - Echo post above, shame they dont work

Nest with eggs 50,000pts - Ugly, Tiny and massively over priced, Dont Buy this.

Fire Pit 75,000pts
Beehive 80,000pts
Archery Butte 80,000pts

Shame these 3 are only available to the ultra riche as each is a lovely deco item on the same lines a heritage token deedable, ok for rareness they are priced about right, but whats the betting in 3 yrs they become a 150k token item...spending 4 to 5 million gp, or all those points is, at the mo, a bit ooooeer

Knights- Perfectly priced, totally collectable, gorgeous, useful, again shame only the mega riche can afford a set, but guess thats the point....

Jewel Set:- Yes, I got a set, then looked at my mage with Crystaline and Orni, no ty, Ill stick. Looked at my tamer, with SDI, +15 Tame and Vet, +15 Mage, with FCR provided by HOM and Arcane....no ty Ill stick

Looked at my current luck set, 1300, fc/fcr 3 and 5..again, for 15m Ill stick ty

Overall- Boots, Yukka, Bamboo and Horse Bard seem to this humble trader/collector, the best value options atm

But, we do have tier 3, any bets of 300,000- 500,000 PBDs and we all swear ...;)
A small vendor shop owner myself, I had, between both phases of the turn in, about 1.6mil points. I've converted that by sales into gold values:

Yucca/Bamboo Trees- 750k and they sell almost as fast as they go on the vendor.

Horse Barding- 1mil and sells almost as fast as it goes on the vendor

Dragon Head- 4.5mil Sells, but tends to sit for a bit

Nest w/Eggs- 5mil, but tends to sit for longer than the dragon head

Firepit- 7.5mil Sells about the same as the dragon head

Beehive- 8mil but moves very slowly

Archery Butte- Same as beehive

Ring/Brace- Haven't sold this yet, but saw on vendor in Luna for 60mil for the combo.

I've gone with making the fast money, so have centered on the pieces that move faster, even though I may not make as much as somone with a Luna house that's willing to sit on them (and incur vendor fees) for days. I'd be more than happy to sell one of the ring/brace sets, but won't spend the points on it unless I have a buyer already set up. That's just too many points put into something that I'd never use myself. The only things I'm keeping for myself are 2 of each of the trees and the firepit. I might get a dragon head, but that's a largish item for deco, so I'm not sure if I want to spend the points on it, as I'd probably not use it once I set it up somewhere in the house.

Lord Kotan

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
hunt in the anti virtue dungeons for the artifact 11 loot you get 10k points for those.
I've never gotten a level 11 arty... only the statue, map, pendant, and armor set.... What all arties are there for the anti-virtue dungeons?

L

Lord Drakelord

Are there pictures of these items anywhere? I'd like to see what they look like before I claim anything.

Here a few of the rewards we got so far.

We got a few of the NS earrings and here some shots of some more items we got,

L

love2winalot

Hail: To the OP. This game is about change. Sometimes there is a warning of the change, and sometimes there is not. Like Andrew appearing, and now gone. Some people waited to long to go see him, and now it is to late.

There is no guarentee that the award points will last forever. There is no list of items for a phase 3 turn in, if there even is one. If it is not posted on FoF, i would be carefull about holding on to points for to alfull long.

L

Lord Drakelord

what's wrong with the dragon head? i picked that as one of my gifts, but it's on a shard i don't have a house on (i'll be transferring it to my home shard at some point), so i haven't fiddled around with it.

well it will go up only so far and still looks like its sitting on the floor. Nothing like the other heads. Also it, the horse armor, the archer's butte and all the shrine pieces come in one direction only, you do not get a menu to change directions when placing it, which sucks as far as I am concern. So that archer's butte I got on Sonoma can never be placed facing east, I have to get another 80k in points for another archer's butte if I wanted to do that.

L

Lord Drakelord

Hail: To the OP. This game is about change. Sometimes there is a warning of the change, and sometimes there is not. Like Andrew appearing, and now gone. Some people waited to long to go see him, and now it is to late.

There is no guarentee that the award points will last forever. There is no list of items for a phase 3 turn in, if there even is one. If it is not posted on FoF, i would be carefull about holding on to points for to alfull long.

I am sure the chest will remain, unless one of the Dev's says otherwise, they would pull the collectors in before they do anything with the chest at brit gate.

L

Lord GOD(GOD)

I'm sort of in the same boat, the decor stuff looked good when they first announced it but now it's available I don't really want it. I'm holding on to my points to see if theres a phase 3+ if nothing new gets added I'll probably blow all my points on alacrity scrolls. I like building new templates and even though their consumed I still think their better than having a box of scythes etc I'm never going to use.

I think it's part of the problem of announcing it in advance and having it on TC, by the time it makes prod shards many are already bored of it.

W

warddw

A small vendor shop owner myself, I had, between both phases of the turn in, about 1.6mil points. I've converted that by sales into gold values:

Yucca/Bamboo Trees- 750k and they sell almost as fast as they go on the vendor.

Horse Barding- 1mil and sells almost as fast as it goes on the vendor

Dragon Head- 4.5mil Sells, but tends to sit for a bit

Nest w/Eggs- 5mil, but tends to sit for longer than the dragon head

Firepit- 7.5mil Sells about the same as the dragon head

Beehive- 8mil but moves very slowly

Archery Butte- Same as beehive

Ring/Brace- Haven't sold this yet, but saw on vendor in Luna for 60mil for the combo.

I've gone with making the fast money, so have centered on the pieces that move faster, even though I may not make as much as somone with a Luna house that's willing to sit on them (and incur vendor fees) for days. I'd be more than happy to sell one of the ring/brace sets, but won't spend the points on it unless I have a buyer already set up. That's just too many points put into something that I'd never use myself. The only things I'm keeping for myself are 2 of each of the trees and the firepit. I might get a dragon head, but that's a largish item for deco, so I'm not sure if I want to spend the points on it, as I'd probably not use it once I set it up somewhere in the house.

And your a 'small vendor??' I cant contemplate the sort of playtime needed to amass that sort of turnin value. I was once one of the long running shop owners on lake superior (but exited the business a while ago) and that took a god awful amount of time to do right...then again I had many millions when a million really meant something.

I think most of this stuff is overpriced for the casual player...it seems 'the world' is more and more composed of vet players with large bank accounts, coupled with the never-ending upwards price preasure of gold farming.

Ah well - very glad others have picked up the vendor banner all the same...

C

Connor_Graham

And your a 'small vendor??' I cant contemplate the sort of playtime needed to amass that sort of turnin value. I was once one of the long running shop owners on lake superior (but exited the business a while ago) and that took a god awful amount of time to do right...then again I had many millions when a million really meant something.

I think most of this stuff is overpriced for the casual player...it seems 'the world' is more and more composed of vet players with large bank accounts, coupled with the never-ending upwards price preasure of gold farming.

Ah well - very glad others have picked up the vendor banner all the same...
830k of the points were Berserker Sythes alone. Considering that minor arties, stealables, and tmaps are in this turn in, it's not hard to get that number of points just from stuff sitting in a house collecting dust. It took me a little over 4 hours to turn everything in, and most of it was stuff that's been sitting for a year or more in a chest in my house.

E

Emil IsTemp

*nods*

If i remember from tha original spring cleaning back in 99.. the value of any remaining points was converted into gold, to a max of 100k per playa.. now this was a lot of gold back then too... but you could also turn in magic wands for hundreds of points, and almost anything else.

I didnt even realize Amos & Andy were gone.. lightning still there too? or did the "work crews" fill in the hole..? I kinda like events, some not all, where there is nothing posted, and its only around for a few days or even hours. Truely makes anything you happen to get unique.

I remember a 2 hour "seer tavern" on Pacific.. Stubbs i think the character was.. *thinks* was in that warehouse building right above the Brit docks. Anywho, Stubbs made it rain slabs of bacon.. months before the slabs spawned in town crates (this was back in 1998-99) I grabbed a few thinking "whoa, gotta hold on to these!" but they are now stealable, so i ate em =).

reversed pitcher from Ben Kahns... says "a container with wine" not "a pitcher" but think theres hundreds of these..

Oh well, gotta drive my friend to work, then continue hunting for these "strangers"

Maybe what brings them into the AV dungeons, is theyre looking for somthing..? somthing that might drop randomly as the artifacts do..?

Nothing yet...

L

Lord Drakelord

you could also turn in magic wands for hundreds of points, and almost anything else.
now I wish they do that with all the 10 annvi wands we have.

Zane_Xander

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Thanks for all the help- Ill think I will sit on my lil nest of points for now. Rare are still worthless to me unless you have buyers. Deco is only worth while if you own a large home and homes are over rated in my humble opinion. why, Because in 5 yrs of playing I let quit a few homes fall; some emplty some half full or what i couldnt get in my bank.

However this gave me great reason to get rid of all the junk and mistakes I bought at luna... argg

Cash plz..

J

Joyous2K

*nods*

If i remember from tha original spring cleaning back in 99.. the value of any remaining points was converted into gold, to a max of 100k per playa.. now this was a lot of gold back then too... but you could also turn in magic wands for hundreds of points, and almost anything else.
Did the turn in represent something back then? Like was UO getting ready for a whole new class of weapons and things that would make the current weapons and items completely foolish to own?

Does this mean that some new item content could be coming soon? Or new and higher bases for things?

C

CKTC

lol it could or it could just be some more stuff being rushed into the game to meet the demands of the ever disgruntled players.

ColterDC

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I cant contemplate the sort of playtime needed to amass that sort of turnin value.
It's easy.. just have no job, no wife, no kids......and play UO 24/7

Yep and people wonder why there are hardly any new players who last more than 3 months.

L

Lunaticus

I was able to place my dragon head on top of a goza, in order to raise it a bit higher. It's not quite as high as I would like, but it doesn't look too awful.

Redxpanda

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

I got the Butte and Sherry the Mouse. I'm still working some points so perhaps a virtue tile or two is in my future.

And yes i did just quote myself

S

Strawberry

Did the turn in represent something back then? Like was UO getting ready for a whole new class of weapons and things that would make the current weapons and items completely foolish to own?

Does this mean that some new item content could be coming soon? Or new and higher bases for things?
The first turn-in was because they were putting limits on house storage. Originally, you could put as much stuff in your house as you wanted, just dump dozens of backpacks on the floor. Some houses were so jammed with stuff that other players would lag or blackhole when they walked past (because everything in all the nearby houses loaded even if you didn't go inside). There were also security issues, because anyone who got into the house could take everything. So secures were put in, decay was turned on for houses, and most players had to get rid of a lot of stuff. The turn-in program was a way to turn that stuff into rewards rather than just throwing it out.

This new program does happen to coincide with the house resizing change, but I don't think they're connected.

L

Loqucious

Wow, someone else that doesnt much care for the rewards, and here I was thinking I was all alone :)
Nope, I have done nothing towards the turn in rewards. Maybe I will this weekend I don't really know or care much either.

J

Joyous2K

Well, all told... I had 160000. I sold the excess tickets I had.

I went the Alacrity Scroll route. I got one sash, and 7 Alacrity Scrolls. Everybody loves Remove Trap, Swordman, Spellweave, Arms Lore (x2), Stealth (x2).

Not what I was hoping for, but maybe not bad??

E

Emil IsTemp

The old school clean-up system was to introduce trash barrels.. yep garbage cans. You would get points for deleting items. Some of the rewards were the hair/beard dye (first time neon came around for hair) Fhee-nicks armor, item bless deeds.. and maybe one more i think..

*edit*

and house lockdowns, and secure containers were added as well.

Spellbound

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
One of my favorites from first clean-up...singing crystal ball! What I most enjoy in this new batch are the yucca and bamboo plants. As a bored gardener/cook, I'm still waiting for the elusive cocoa tree. How about a coffee bean too?