• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Imbuing] which Order to follow ?

Duke_Hammerfest

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
What imbuing order should I follow If I want to imbue a weapon (katana) with the following:
Damage increase
Slayer
Hit mana leech (main thing I want )
Hit Lightning
Swing speed increase

I know everytime you imbue the difficulty for the next thing goes up... just curious what the best order would be for the above

SlayerofBunnys

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Since on any failing attempt there is the possibility of ingredient loss, I have done imbuing based on the availability of ingredients. I usually do things which need relic frags first, then EE, then MR. The HML requires void orbs, so it would be one of the first to try. The slayer is dependent - if it is abyss and daemon claws are needed then I would do it first, if undead I may do it last as the undying flesh is comparatively easy to get. If you want 50 DI, I would do that first with the crystal shards, but if 45 is ok I would do the DI last as no shards are needed. If the weapon is exceptional I would even suggest imbuing the DI down to 1 first thing, imbuing the expensive MODs, then going to the 45 DI last.

Tuan

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
I am 99.99% sure that failing does not use up the "special" ingredients: void orbs, demon claws etc.

As an aside, your weapon is somewhat contradictory to itself. For 1, if the main thing you want is HML, then you should be reforging HML, not imbuing it. But lets assume for some reason that copper hammers are beyond your reach.

Wanting both HML and SSI, on a katana, is pretty tough. Even with only 120-149 stamina, it only takes 5% SSI to swing your katana at the max speed. You can super easily get 5% SSI on a shield, and even with a stat cap of only 230, 140 stamina should be well within reach for someone who can imbue. If you put any reasonable amount of SSI on there, sure with 35 ssi on there you can swing it at 1.25s with only 60 stamina, but then your leeching will be somewhat limited.

You also have another inherent contradiction on that weapon. You want slayer AND hit spell. The thing of this is, that on the hits where the hit spell is invoked, you lose the slayer property. I think this is a bug, but it has been around for as long as hit spell on weapons has. So, lets say you have Hit Lightning on there, and this sword is an undead slayer. Lets also assume that you're using Consecrate Weapon, and that youd damage output is reasonably near the max. Against most 'normal' undead things you'll do 80-90 damage per hit. (50ish from your weapon damage as shown in status window, - their armor (low against fire) *2 for being a slayer). On the hits where you hit lightning, you'll do 45 damage from the weapon, plus maybe 20 damage from the spell hit. Not only that, but you don't get to leech anything from the damage done by the lightning, thereby further reducing the effficiency of the weapon. Now, against someone with no slayer... yeah, for sure, putting 100 hit spell on a weapon makes sense.

RaistlinNowhere

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
what i would suggest you is to make a weapon like :

Damage increase ( drop to 1 )
Slayer
Hit Mana Leech
Hit Stamina Leech
Hit Life Leech / Hit Lower Attack (both are useful)
Damage increase ( at the % you need)

Imbuing in that order, Hit spell with slayer , like tuan said is no good. Stamina leech is almost a must like mana leech.
Hit life leech if your char isnt a sampire is a good idea, or Lower Attack is wonderful because you will get half of the hits than normal.

Imbuing Swing speed to a katana is a mistake and wasting a mod.

Duke_Hammerfest

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Imbuing in that order, Hit spell with slayer , like tuan said is no good. Stamina leech is almost a must like mana leech.
Hit life leech if your char isnt a sampire is a good idea, or Lower Attack is wonderful because you will get half of the hits than normal.

Imbuing Swing speed to a katana is a mistake and wasting a mod.[/QUOTE]

ill take all this into consideration , thanks !
I will keep a katana with lightning on it though just cause its easy Mud elementals I farm...and I like the lightning effect since farming can be boring lol. but I will make a proper Katana as my crafter skill will let me with this info