• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Which maps give pardons?

flappy6

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I've done all kinds and can't find any pardons. Any info will be appreciated

MissEcho

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Search and ye shall find:

Treasure Map Search | uo-cah.com

Sadly only Assassin Supply Chests have them.
Yes so much better now having to go fight ogres and other low level stuff while dying of boredom, IF you can get an assassin supply map, instead of a pretty good chance of one on any Devious/Ingenious/Diabolic map as well as all the other goodies you used to get, essences, sots, alacritys, marties, treats, mibs, etc. As the fan bois keep saying it is so much 'better' now.

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Yes so much better now having to go fight ogres and other low level stuff while dying of boredom, IF you can get an assassin supply map, instead of a pretty good chance of one on any Devious/Ingenious/Diabolic map as well as all the other goodies you used to get, essences, sots, alacritys, marties, treats, mibs, etc. As the fan bois keep saying it is so much 'better' now.
LOL - I got FAR more Pardons from doing about 60 Supply maps (only about 15-20 of which were Assassin), than I did from 100 Devious and Ingenious maps I did Summer of 2018. (like, 14 compared to about 6, and at least one of the Supplies had TWO pardons in it. More Assassin Supply chests had a pardon, than didn't - compared to about 1 in 20 for the old high-level chests). Alacrities are in most of the chests (often multiples) across the levels, SoTs were ONLY in Fel prior to the change, and all the marties and treats I got were typically turn-in points, because I would get more treats than my tamer could ever use. Essences were typically junk - I had hundreds of them by 2011, and am still using ones from back then for most properties (I think I've had to go farming for one type in the last 8 years because I ran out). It's even possible to get multiple maps of the next higher level from one chest. And, I get more loot that I have use for (even if it's to enhance and either sell or donate to the local new player center on my shard) from even Cache level maps, then I EVER did from Ingenious maps before.

The only thing I miss from the old chests are MiBs.

Innoxicated

Journeyman
Them being available in supply chests is an awesome idea. Some newb tmappers who may not be able to tackle much more than ogres have a good chance to make a bit of 'real' gold. And you have to admit it matches the theme, lol.

Not including them in higher level assassin chests is odd though, and doesn't match the theme at all. I'd say that's a simple oversight (yes one of many, I realize) but also easily correctable!