• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Which Greater Dragon should I pick as my fighter ?

popps

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I have these 3 Greater Dragons and am undecided which I would better pick as my fighter. Can you please help me decide ? Thanks.

I have a feeling (but no experience to say it...), that Greater Dragon #3, even if with a lower rating, would be a better fighter (lower Hit Points but better skills, and better strength and intelligence/mana). What is your opinion ?

Greater Dragon #1
Rates 4.4 at the Calculator

Hit Points: 984
Str/Dex/Int: 629 / 125 / 545
Resists: 82 / 88 / 40 / 58 / 68

Power Ratings (% of max):

Stats: 88% / 100% / 81%
Hit Points: 98%
Resists: 96% / 98% / 73% / 97% / 91%

Skills freshly tamed (training not yet started)

Wrestling 87.5 (will become with training 109.37)
Tactics 86.7 (will become with training 108.37)
Resisting Spells 88.8 (will become with training 111.0)
Anatomy 0.0
Magery 109.5

Greater Dragon #2
Rates 4.4 at the Calculator

Hit Points: 949
Str/Dex/Int: 638 / 125 / 537
Resists: 83 / 88 / 47 / 58 / 72

Stats: 89% / 100% / 80%
Hit Points: 95%
Resists: 98% / 98% / 85% / 97% / 96%

Wrestling 93.0 (will become with training 116.25)
Tactics 86.8 (will become with training 108.5)
Resisting Spells 88.5 (will become with training 110.62)
Anatomy 0.0
Magery 104.4

Greater Dragon #3
Rates 4.2 at the Calculator

Hit Points: 907
Str/Dex/Int: 647 / 125 / 619
Resists: 83 / 87 / 52 / 57 / 67

Stats: 91% / 100% / 92%
Hit Points: 91%
Resists: 98% / 97% / 95% / 95% / 89%

Wrestling 97.2 (will become with training 121.5)
Tactics 91.2 (will become with training 114)
Resisting Spells 88.0 (will become with training 110)
Anatomy 0.7
Magery 113.1

X

Xanithor

its between 2 and 3. For #1 the skills are just too low, I would sell that one or give to a guildmate or friend if you don't sell pets.
Personally I think #2 is slightly better although #3 has the better skills. I like to have 125 wrestling and prefer that high in tactics as well.

Barry Gibb

Of Saintly Patience
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It is a coin flip between #2 and #3. If they are diffeent colors, pick the color you like better.

I agree with Xanithor on #1.

Stayin Alive,

BG

Taylor

Former Stratics CEO (2011-2014)
VIP
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Benefactor
Agree with the comments above. #1 needs to go away. #2 and #3 have different strengths: 2 has better hp, but 3 has better mana and skills.

Personally, I'd choose #3. Good resists, better mana (more healing), and better wrestling (takes less damage). Even though the hp is a bit low, I think that #3 will have the best survivability and damage output.

Aibal

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'd take #3 myself, as it will be a better tank due to its higher wrestling than #2, in spite of lower hp's. Hell, I run an 892 hp drag myself on one of my tamers and it is, arguably, my best fighting dragon.

NuSair

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I like #3s skills/resist better.

Give me a pet with better resist any day. More resist = less healing needed. And especially over longer fights.

weins201

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

even with the lower HP that is really moot.

He will hit harder with more strength and Wrestling

He will get hit less and for less damage with the higher wrestle and higher resists.

They all are very nice thow.

popps

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Re: #3

even with the lower HP that is really moot.

He will hit harder with more strength and Wrestling

He will get hit less and for less damage with the higher wrestle and higher resists.

They all are very nice thow.

So you also suggest #3 as the one I should prefer as a fighter ?

Thanks to everyone for the kind advice.

I wonder though, what will be the limits of this Greater Dragon when fighting high end MoBs like Bosses.

Is it good enough to fight solo any of the big guys or skills and stats are still not sufficient and I should keep looking for a better one ?

Farsight

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

My main dragon is a little bit less to that dragon #3 (mine has less wrestling skill, but resists are comparable), and I've taken it to solo both Travesty (better learn spellweaving for that one!) and the Monstrous Interred Grizzle as well as working champ spawns up to (but not including) the champion (too many to remember, so don't ask which). I usually find friends to help out when it comes to the champion spawns though.

It has also helped me through every single Abyss mini-spawn except for the rats (too slow there, bushido-warrior is 10x faster).

So the answer is, the limits are only the limits of you as a player/tamer, and it is good enough to solo most of the game, depending on your style/template.

Llewen

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter

I think clearly number three - higher str, higher wrestling, higher tactics and higher magery. Even though all three of the dragons are good and pretty close, number three is clearly the better choice.

Not only that, but if you are going to pvp number three's lowest resist is the highest of the three, which means it will be less vulnerable to consecrate weapon, and it also has the highest cold resist which means it will be less vulnerable to the achilles heal of dragons, hail storm.

I think number three is clearly the best of the three.