• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Which are the top 5 most populated shards?

G

Or even the top 10 would do, preferably from most populated to least, if you can do that.

NA and euro shards only please, i'm not interested in playing on japenese servers.

Kaj

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I spotted this list the other day:
1. Atlantic
2. Great Lakes
3. Europa
4. Chesapeake

Don't quite recall the fifth one.

If you are near the GMT timezone I'd definitely go for EU.

WarUltima

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
<blockquote><hr>

I spotted this list the other day:
1. Atlantic
2. Great Lakes
3. Europa
4. Chesapeake

Don't quite recall the fifth one.

If you are near the GMT timezone I'd definitely go for EU.

[/ QUOTE ]

And more populated shards on the west coast?

G

I always hear how populated europa is, but regardless of what time I log in there I never see more than a handful of people loitering at various popular locations.

I'ld break the list down like this though

1. Atlantic
2. Great Lakes
3. Pacific

with 4. &amp; 5. divided between Cheasapeake, Europa, and Lake Superior

S

stevethepirate86

wow i didnt think LS even ranked up there as being that populated maybe i need to try playing other shards.........

simonovsk

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Europa has lost quite a few players since I started playing again in august last year, and I feel chessy is more populated, if not a lot more populated.

U

Ultima83

I ran the most well known pvp guild on chesapeake.. its def not that populated.. We struggled to get a fight at yew gate until 9 pm

1. Atlantic
2. Great Lakes
3. Pacific

G

<blockquote><hr>

I always here how populated europa is, but regardless of what time I log in there I never see more than a handful of people loitering at various popular locations.

I'ld break the list down like this though

1. Atlantic
2. Great Lakes
3. Pacific

with 4. &amp; 5. divided between Cheasapeake, Europa, and Lake Superior

[/ QUOTE ]

That is probably accurate.

G

I think most figure number one most populated is Atlantic.

I kinda see Chesapeake as coming in 3rd or 4th for sure in active population.
Unless it is a weird day or night, I always seem to run into quite a few folks there myself, per land mass facet etc.

G

I think the more important question to ask is what are you looking for in a server?

Each shard size has its ups and downs and what game play experience youre looking for should be a major deciding factor.

Nine Dark Moons

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
<font color="#DC143C">Exactly - if you want to place your own 18x18 in a good location versus having to buy one, go for a lesser populated shard. I play on both Napa (fairly unpopulated) and Atlantic (very populated) and I like them both for very different reasons. Atlantic is a great place for selling stuff on a player vendor and for feeling like you're part of a community. Napa is nice for the open spaces and never having to wait in line to kill things. </font>

B

BennosMorales

<blockquote><hr>

Siege Perilous.
*cough*

[/ QUOTE ]

Second that motion.

G

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

Siege Perilous.
*cough*

[/ QUOTE ]

Second that motion.

[/ QUOTE ]

The poster wanted to know the most populated shards, not the shards that will likely be shut down within the next year...

G

Not so sir. Tis not an indication of player population, true, but take a look at the activity on the Siege forum, and compare that to most production shards.

If there is THAT much interest (32 visitors at the moment of this writing) in the shard, it will not be shut down that quickly.

G

<blockquote><hr>

Not so sir. Tis not an indication of player population, true, but take a look at the activity on the Siege forum, and compare that to most production shards.

If there is THAT much interest (32 visitors at the moment of this writing) in the shard, it will not be shut down that quickly.

[/ QUOTE ]

We both know that is an extremely poor measure of activity, seeing as that is the main place Seiger's go to talk about their activities. Now if you took into count all guild websites on prodo shards, even servers like Napa Valley and Origin would dwarf seige perilious in activity, respectively.

I

imported_MoonglowMerchant

We are more populated than Sonoma and the Asian shards.

Are they going to shut them down too?

Ask yourself how many people would be on your shard if you 1. Couldn't start there and 2. Couldn't transfer there.

Then, add in a couple of years where half the shard had working insurance and half didn't.

The fact that anyone is left on Siege (and there are people on Siege) is a testament to the attractiveness of the ruleset. I started on LS and never, ever play there now, there just isn't any comparison. It's like UO versus UO lite.

G

<blockquote><hr>

Are they going to shut them down too?

Ask yourself how many people would be on your shard if you 1. Couldn't start there and 2. Couldn't transfer there.

Then, add in a couple of years where half the shard had working insurance and half didn't.

The fact that anyone is left on Siege (and there are people on Siege) is a testament to the attractiveness of the ruleset. I started on LS and never, ever play there now, there just isn't any comparison. It's like UO versus UO lite.

[/ QUOTE ]

Pretty much all the original players have gone from seige to freeshards. Seige is among the most dead shards because it is among the least attractive. The only reason seige is even known as being different by many players is because half of the shard posts in random threads such as these which have nothing whatsoever to do with the topic.

I

imported_Suzzy

Atlantic is first
Then maybe Great Lakes

And 3rd - whatever is probably the Japanese servers. All of them are pretty populated at their server peak hours.

R

Roo (OCD)

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

i have toons on all shards and sonoma is by far more populated then a lot of the north american shards.

and a LOT more PVP then shards 10 times its size.

and sonoma is a lot more populated then siege.
hands down.

and i say that from first hand experiance.