• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Where's Rico?

• Thread starter Morgana LeFay (PoV)
  • Start date
  • Watchers 0
M

Morgana LeFay (PoV)

Not sure if I should ask...but I haven't seen the little scoundrel around in a while.

He owes me a sammich.

Flutter

Always Present
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
I stole him.
I will sell him back to you for a fee.

D

Daga

I think you forgot something?>
How about: Where is you?
...la

(disclaimer: just a joke. I am not, nor have I ever assumed the name of said rico-la ;), just playing the fool, I is...)

M

Morgana LeFay (PoV)

I think you forgot something?>
How about: Where is you?
...la

(disclaimer: just a joke. I am not, nor have I ever assumed the name of said rico-la ;), just playing the fool, I is...)
Is English your first language?

D

Daga

ja / nein ?
meh, perhaps ;)

Why, do you feel the need to critique my compositions?

M

Morgana LeFay (PoV)

ja / nein ?
meh, perhaps ;)

Why, do you feel the need to critique my compositions?
Sprechen sie Deutsch? Ich kann Deutsch, aber, icn kann Deutsch nicht so gut.

I did not mean to demean your composition, I was merely confused by your wording, and was hoping to gain a better understanding of your background.

I apologize if I offended.

tlhIngan Hol Dajatlh'a'? (okay, I don't...but I thought it would be funny to ask)

D

Daga

tlhIngan Hol Dajatlh'a'? (okay, I don't...but I thought it would be funny to ask)
No, sorry I haven't picked up the klingon lingo yet. You have not offended me & I have only been playing around in this particular thread, because I thought it was a fun one to poke in to & be goofy vit (haha ~ ...la :)).

M

Morgana LeFay (PoV)

A thread that is fun to poke into? About Rico?

Surely you jest? :D

C

Coppelia

so wtf is "...la" anyways?
Galaad's gimmic. He took it from Hong Kong players from Sonoma, who seemed to punctuate all their phrases by "la". Galaad imitated them as a mockery. And as Rico is a Galaad wannabe, he followed.

Black Sun

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
so wtf is "...la" anyways?
As I stated in another thread (dedicated soley to the meaning of ...la actually), I believe it stands for love always. Rico's little way of telling us how much he cares.

Tomas_Bryce

Rares Collector Extraordinaire | Rares Fest Host
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I have no idea why Rico uses la but ending your sentences with a la is an extremely common practice amongst people from some South-East Asian nations.

TheScoundrelRico

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Galaad's gimmic. He took it from Hong Kong players from Sonoma, who seemed to punctuate all their phrases by "la". Galaad imitated them as a mockery. And as Rico is a Galaad wannabe, he followed.
ROFL. Once again, I must pop in to explain that is is completely incorrect. I used "...la" before the intertubes were a twinkle in Algore's eye, let alone UO, Sonoma or the players formally known as Galad (Good, Neutral or Evil).

And no, I won't explain what it means (at least not now). There are only 4 people who have ever known what it means, and one of the died last year, so that has dwindled the list down to 3.

Neener neener...and Rico has been hiding out in the OT forum. If any of you would like to join the discussion over there (and are over the age of 17) please feel to join us...even if it's only to be able to swear at me for me stealing something from you in-game...la

Cetric

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
LOL, don't type "ending sentence in la" Apparently... there a lot of people that serve prison sentences in Los Angelos .:danceb:

C

Coppelia

ROFL. Once again, I must pop in to explain that is is completely incorrect. I used "...la" before the intertubes were a twinkle in Algore's eye, let alone UO, Sonoma or the players formally known as Galad (Good, Neutral or Evil).

And no, I won't explain what it means (at least not now). There are only 4 people who have ever known what it means, and one of the died last year, so that has dwindled the list down to 3.

Neener neener...and Rico has been hiding out in the OT forum. If any of you would like to join the discussion over there (and are over the age of 17) please feel to join us...even if it's only to be able to swear at me for me stealing something from you in-game...la
Or you're just too small for anyone to notice you here. :p

B

Beer_Cayse

nice to see ya still haunt this place! I was sort of wondering but hadn't the "anatomy" to ask.

Flutter

Always Present
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
Stop trying to lure me back there. Those people are meanies! :sad3:

J

Jhym

He has to be at least 150 stealth to lurk around silently with a frame like that.

So of course Morgana can't find him, she doesn't have enough detect hidden.

:loser:

C

canary

I just want to point out that this entire thread belongs in the OT forum... I find it interesting mods have posted on here without realizing this.

kelmo

Old and in the way
Professional
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Dread Lord
Damn mods... They just never get it.

C

canary

Well I'm just pointing out that if it isn't put there that mods are not following the rules. I mean... if this thread isn't put in the correct forum, is it fair the next time someone posts and cries foul because this one was allowed to be let go and stay in U Hall?

Galad

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Who's Galaad?

kelmo

Old and in the way
Professional
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Dread Lord
Let's just say mods like to have a bit of fun now and then.

C

canary

Let's just say mods like to have a bit of fun now and then.
You could have just as much fun on the OT forums, it doesn't remove the validity of the post, it just keeps it where it is supposed to be... which is off topic.

Again, you can't keep this in U Hall, disregard the Stratics rules and then argue with a poster the next time they find their topic pushed to the OT (or Rants, or whatever) forum.

kelmo

Old and in the way
Professional
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Dread Lord
When you walk a mile in my shoes... We can talk. If you have issues with any moderating, use the email address. You can find it in the FAQ.

C

canary

When you walk a mile in my shoes... We can talk. If you have issues with any moderating, use the email address. You can find it in the FAQ.
It's OK. I already reported you. I just find it a shame that the moderators are not doing their jobs is all and making exceptions to SOME people. It then becomes unfair for others when they are faced with a similar situation.

You were appointed a moderator to enforce these kinds of things, that is all I am saying. This was an OT forum type post; it needs to be moved there. To not follow the rules makes an exception to certain posters.

kelmo

Old and in the way
Professional
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Dread Lord

The Craftsman

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It's OK. I already reported you. I just find it a shame that the moderators are not doing their jobs is all and making exceptions to SOME people. It then becomes unfair for others when they are faced with a similar situation.

You were appointed a moderator to enforce these kinds of things, that is all I am saying. This was an OT forum type post; it needs to be moved there. To not follow the rules makes an exception to certain posters.
Abuse of mod powers?
Mods not doing their jobs?
Favouritism towards certain posters?
Hypocracy?

Welcome to the stratics UO forums...

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Heaven forbid that the mods should be allowed to be human. Since you're so insistent, I'll move it.

Lady Michelle

Sprite Full SP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
off topic is things that are not UO related. Rico is UO related because that is who he is when it comes to us knowing who he is in UO. Now if it was posted where is *real name* then its off topic.

C

Coppelia

What's this thread about UO doing in OT! Mods aren't doing their job!
Corruption! Outrage! I sue you mods!

B

Beer_Cayse

did you notice ... as soon as the thread was moved the damn bird that was following kelmo also shut up?

I wonder how long that attitude they displayed would last in OT? the REAL OT? canary - mods and admins here are human ... UHall has too few mildly fun threads as it is and you INSISTED that one be removed.

you should be removed. and yeah, I'm just a bit peeved at all the posters who think the volunteer staff here shouldn't do this or that.

S

Stupid Miner

you should be removed. and yeah, I'm just a bit peeved at all the posters who think the volunteer staff here shouldn't do this or that.
It's amusing to see people telling Stratics staff they're not doing their *jobs* good enough :p

Ahuaeyjnkxs

stranger diamond
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Oh, defiance... I haven't seen that one in a long time, when will the moonlight reach out to thee as more than a reflection, how long shall it last ?

:bored: