• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Wheres Draconi been?

• Thread starter kennykilleduo
  • Start date
  • Watchers 0
K

kennykilleduo

He's been really quiet , or I have missed his posts , Is he locked up somewhere creating chaos for the UO masses?

Oriana

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
He's been really quiet , or I have missed his posts , Is he locked up somewhere creating chaos for the UO masses?
Do you really want to tempt the fates?? ;)

I miss him too, I miss all the crew, they don't post as much lately. But considering everything they've been cranking out I'll live.

Ori

H

Hunters Moon

I think they all are..... :lame:
Or writing UO's obit? Draconi: "Its with a sad heart that I must announce that we will be closing the UO servers [future date] to focus our talent and resources on Warhammer."

GalenKnighthawke

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Or writing UO's obit? Draconi: "Its with a sad heart that I must announce that we will be closing the UO servers [future date] to focus our talent and resources on Warhammer."
Companies typically do not shut down "wildly profitable" business ventures.

Q: What type of subscriber base would you need in order to cover the development costs of a triple-A MMO?

Josh Drescher: You don't need 10 million subscribers to be successful - Camelot remains very profitable today and at our peak we had about a quarter of a million players.

We were extraordinarily profitable at that size. We still handle Ultima Online which is a ten year-old MMO property that's about 100,000 subscribers and is still wildly profitable.

The life span of these games is very long, so you don't need to make it all back in Christmas weekend - you have a revenue stream that lasts for a very long time.

You have a dedicated core base of players that will stay with you for years and years and years, and as long as you're providing a quality of service that's rewarding that loyalty you'll see a large population stick with you for a very long time. So you don't need 10 million subscribers to be successful...that doesn't mean that we wouldn't love 10 million subscribers, but we certainly don't need that many.​

Source:

http://www.gamesindustry.biz/articles/warhammer-time

Sure I guess they MIGHT shut down UO one day. It would surely not be the first bad business decision EA has made.

*shrugs*

But, there's really no realistic indication of them doing that anytime soon. Honestly, the only ones who seem to be spouting the "UO is shutting down" talk are us. Our "evidence" for this has ranged from the move to Virginia to issues with the login servers. If one day people prove right, and UO does shut down, I guarantee you it'll be complete coincidence, not a sign that the nay-sayers were right all along. But of course that's how it'll be taken.

*shrugs again*

-Galen's player

G

GAMBIT35

Companies typically do not shut down "wildly profitable" business ventures.

Q: What type of subscriber base would you need in order to cover the development costs of a triple-A MMO?

Josh Drescher: You don't need 10 million subscribers to be successful - Camelot remains very profitable today and at our peak we had about a quarter of a million players.

We were extraordinarily profitable at that size. We still handle Ultima Online which is a ten year-old MMO property that's about 100,000 subscribers and is still wildly profitable.

The life span of these games is very long, so you don't need to make it all back in Christmas weekend - you have a revenue stream that lasts for a very long time.

You have a dedicated core base of players that will stay with you for years and years and years, and as long as you're providing a quality of service that's rewarding that loyalty you'll see a large population stick with you for a very long time. So you don't need 10 million subscribers to be successful...that doesn't mean that we wouldn't love 10 million subscribers, but we certainly don't need that many.​

Source:

http://www.gamesindustry.biz/articles/warhammer-time

Sure I guess they MIGHT shut down UO one day. It would surely not be the first bad business decision EA has made.

*shrugs*

But, there's really no realistic indication of them doing that anytime soon. Honestly, the only ones who seem to be spouting the "UO is shutting down" talk are us. Our "evidence" for this has ranged from the move to Virginia to issues with the login servers. If one day people prove right, and UO does shut down, I guarantee you it'll be complete coincidence, not a sign that the nay-sayers were right all along. But of course that's how it'll be taken.

*shrugs again*

-Galen's player
I like how you believe everything people tell you.

L

love2winalot

Last i heard setting houses on fire with the people still inside them then was 10-15 years in prision.;)