• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Where to spread talents

• Thread starter Trinity/Matrix
  • Start date
  • Watchers 0
T

Trinity/Matrix

Hello,
As previously stated Im new from UO and Im just starting on the road that is WoW. I have a Night Elf Hunter and wanted to know where best to spread my talent points. At the moment Im solo and in no hurry to join a guild. I wanted the best way to place my talent points in an even way. I suppose Im tending to sway toward the use of my ranged weapon more than my pet. Thats not to say I wont use him! Also I am a staff user as a secondary weapon and Im finding it a little slow. Can I gain other weapon skills that may be a little faster? I have daggers and I can now dual wield. Any help is good and also is there a site that shows where all trainers etc are? Many thx in advance!

L

Lag

BM or MM. My personal favorite is BM (fast killing, little downtime) but it's up to you. You should never really melee as a hunter after lvl 10, your pet should hold the attention and you shoot it. The main stat you want is agility, btw.

L

Lag

At 70, BM is the best pve (for damage) for raiding. For arena, MM. Survival is a hybrid, I've seen both in raids and arena.

E

Emuishere

I use my hunter for PvP a lot, Beastmastery gives your pet some great advantages and in the new expamsion the pet talents will be amazing!

T

teezlol

While leveling, go 41 points into the BM tree, all the way down to Bestial Wrath and all that fun stuff. Once you've done that, start investing the remaining 20 points into Marks. In the end you'll end up with a 41/20 or 43/18 type of build for PvE aswell. Deep Marks for PVP, Survival for PVE support otherwise.

M

MMAnti7

Looks like everyone has covered BM as the choice for leveling spec. But the real key is finding your favorite pets and knowing which types serve which purpose. There's a site called petopia that has all that info. I think wowhead has something similar as well.

L

Lag

Looks like everyone has covered BM as the choice for leveling spec. But the real key is finding your favorite pets and knowing which types serve which purpose. There's a site called petopia that has all that info. I think wowhead has something similar as well.

QFT. Petopia is a god-send.

Some quick pet ideas:

DPS:

raptors, cats, ravagers, wind serpent

Tanks:

Turtle, warp stalker, gorilla

Well rounded:

wolves, bats, birds of prey

pvp: cat and scorpid

T

The Barista

I'll be the devils advocate and say Marks! I switched between both Marks and BM off and on while leveling, but always had more *fun* with marks. BM is easy...sure, but marks makes you engage more since your pet is doing less of the damage. Also, the melee weapons you use don't really matter, use 2 one handers or a two hander depending on which combo gives you better stats.

L

Lord Abernathy

i just started leveling a dwarf hunter (level 25), and i gotta agree with the Beast Mastery for leveling.