• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Where to get the new potion?

Keith of Sonoma

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Has anyone figured if you can the "complimentary" potion for the "accelerated" drops? If so, any idea where we get it?

Larisa

Publishing Manager, Stratics Leadership
Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
As a special thank you to our veterans, all veteran accounts will be able to claim a complimentary potion from the camp outside Khaldun. Keep an eye on UO.com for updates when these items are available.

Not available yet

Siabra

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
well rats, hope they release the free one soon ..
but .. on the UO Store you can now buy them for 200 sovereigns

Keith of Sonoma

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
As a special thank you to our veterans, all veteran accounts will be able to claim a complimentary potion from the camp outside Khaldun. Keep an eye on UO.com for updates when these items are available.

Not available yet
Thanks! I thought that may be the case. :(

Keith of Sonoma

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I wonder how long they last... It'd be nice if the description said...
Some "quick facts". The potion lasts 1 hour. The "free" one is "owned by" as well as shard bound. The potions from the UO store are shard bound but NOT owned by. The "free" one is one per ACCOUNT, not character. I hope that helps everybody.

FYI, it DOES seem to help. I did a couple of spawn prior to drinking a potion, and averaged 4-5 drops. During the hour the potion was in effect, I got 20. :)

Thanks for the replies!

Keith of Sonoma

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
$2 for an hour? Ugh. Should have been a 4-5 hour duration while logged in.

50 sov would have been a better price point for an hour.
Hmm, I am OK with the pricing. I don't think it's too bad. However, I didn't check to see if the timer is while logged in, or "real time". I will check, and post when I find out.

BeaIank

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
1 hour is okay if they increase de drop rate at least 5 fold.
I will be picking some just so I can do less of this grind content for the same amount of reward.

skett

Babbling Loonie
Professional
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
So can one character get it and give to anther to use this

Larisa

Publishing Manager, Stratics Leadership
Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Actually yes as long as it's on the same account...I claimed mine on Maharia so it said owned by Maharia, I just picked it up out of the bag I put it in with my sampire and now it says owned by Devious Desire...so as long as it's on that account, any char can use it.

Just for proof

Owned.jpg

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Actually yes as long as it's on the same account...I claimed mine on Maharia so it said owned by Maharia, I just picked it up out of the bag I put it in with my sampire and now it says owned by Devious Desire...so as long as it's on that account, any char can use it.

Just for proof

View attachment 87772
In sure he meant you can't give to another account. Most of us are smart enough to collect it with the toon that will use it.

Many have accounts that do not have a fighter. So they would want to give it to another account.