• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

where to get special leather now?

G

ok so destard is now too hard for me to get my different leather does anybody have a good spot that I can get all my leather from?

Setnaffa

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Destard is still the place. Just stay away from the Super Dragons. In other words, you need to be on a mount or able to hide. I brought out 1,000 barbed leather yesterday and didn't die once.

Today I'm going to try Dispel Evil on one of them and see how that works.

There are two other places where Dragons spawn..Ilshenar and the Fire Temple on Fire Island.

So...
Spined: Level 1 of Despise...Lizardmen or Level 1 Destard Giant Serpents.
Horned: Level 1 Destard. Back by the entrance to Level 2
Barbed: Level 1 Destard. Regular Dragons. Stay away from the Super Dragons.

I

imported_xStrikerx

One of the best ways to get leather is just run around Destard and cut up other peoples corpses. You would be suprised at how many people dont bother.

G

Especially now with all the tamers, most just kill the dragons/drakes/wyverns to make taming the supers a bit easier.

Rey~

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
IF you give up on dragons completely, Nightmares have barbed leather.

Wyverns in T2A and Ilshenar are good for horned leather as well.

D

drew1

<blockquote><hr>

Destard is still the place. Just stay away from the Super Dragons.

[/ QUOTE ]

How do you tell the difference?

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
If they kill you in one hit, they're a super...

Your best bet is to find a friend, party with them, and let them kill while you gather the leather, if you go to any place with dragons

I

imported_GFY

Go to the entrance to Trav and kill lesser Hiryus. Cast poison drop a blade spirit and cast mind blast. Piece of cake.

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
for normal leather, maybe - Hiryu don't give the colored leathers unless they've been changed recently.

G

Serpentine dragons in Ilsh give barbed, and aren't really tougher than regular dragons. It is a bit annoying running from the honor gate all the way up to em, might take a beetle next time, just park it somewhere and load it up. Nothing there will aggro if yer not evil.

Rey~

G

<blockquote><hr>

Serpentine dragons in Ilsh give barbed, and aren't really tougher than regular dragons. It is a bit annoying running from the honor gate all the way up to em, might take a beetle next time, just park it somewhere and load it up. Nothing there will aggro if yer not evil.

Rey~

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, but with that karma loss, you will be.

G

Serpentine dragons are the best place regardless. Take a necro mage with spellweaving and a bonded beetle there and go to town on the place. You can clear the entire area in seconds and have more barbed leather than you know what to do with.

G

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

Destard is still the place. Just stay away from the Super Dragons.

[/ QUOTE ]

How do you tell the difference?

[/ QUOTE ]

they are changing it so they will have a title of greater dragons in a upcoming publish i think