• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Imbuing] Where to find 1 mod 100% intensity items ?

popps

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
If one wanted to find items with only 1 modifier, at 100% intensity, what would be the best place to look ?

Thank you for the help.

G

Gowron

The best place my thinking takes me is to get your blacksmith a dull copper runic and craft some items.

This will be the easiest thing I can think of. Other options would be to loot items that have a slayer property and nothing else.

Outside of that is a total crap shoot.

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
You didn't say WHY you needed such items. That plays a major part in your method.

This is for unraveling.
1. DC Hammer, iron ingots, crafting armor. Look for Mage Armor or Night Sight items with resists that only total up to 21 + your Arms Lore Bonus. Alternatively, Spined Runic Kit, but if you're making leather, you'll only find for Night Sight.
2. DC Hammer, iron ingots, crafting weapons. Use a crafter that is under 95 skill, making items that 70% chance to make (10% exceptional base) - then equip the best blacksmith talisman you have with no bonus to exceptional. Properties that are 100% intensity are SC (FC -1), Faster Casting 1, Use Best Weapon Skill, and any slayer type.
In both these cases, you'll often end up with half your stuff being 2 properties; all 2-3 properties if making weapons and they come out exceptional.
3. From loot - any low to mid range spawn will be good - just look for the properties above (Mage Weapon on armor pieces that have only base resists). FC 1 and Night Sight are also common on 1-property jewels.

Now, if you intend to Imbue these items, the FC 1 Jewels are your most reliable (but still rare).
Weapons, you'll either have to settle for having DI as one of your properties (which you can lower to down to something like 2%, or 4% intensity), or find yourself limited to only 450 maximum intensity.
Armor is probably the hardest of all, as there's no way of telling what's REALLY 100% intensity in one resist property, or multiple intensities in 2-3 properties. If you luck out and get other 100% properties (the stat increases, HP Regen 2, Mana Regen 2, Stam regen 3, LMC 8, LRC 20 or RPD 15), those are a bit more obvious, but also more rare, and some are more desirable than others.

In all, for making armor, you're best off using a DC or Spined runic, and look for pieces that have base+6+lore resists, and 100% in a desired non-armor property - OR - look for pieces with one resist 18-22 (with or without additional non-resist properties; if with, it needs to be one you want), and imbuing around it - making sure with the imbuing gump that there isn't a pesky minimum resist runic property lurking on the item where you don't want it. Material depends on if you want to risk enhancing failure, in order to maximize resists (a non-issue if you buy the thing from gamecodes).

popps

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You didn't say WHY you needed such items. That plays a major part in your method.

Sorry, I meant it for imbuing purposes.

I noticed, when imbuing, that if a modifier is close to max, if I want to change it to max the game will still charge me for full resources.

For example, I needed to put +15 skill on a ring.

I found a ring I had with +13 of that given skill. I went to try imbuing it and even though I just needed 2 extra points (from 13 to 15), the game still wanted to charge me imbuing resources as if I was imbuing from zero points of that skill (but the ring already had 13 points....).

So, I figured that rather than changing partial mods on pieces that already have some modifiers, since the toll in resources will be the same, I better start with a 100% intensity 1 mod piece and add whatever I wanted to it.

It is going to cost me the same in imbuing resources but at least for the first few modifiers being imbued my success chances will be higher and I will loose less resources.....

That's why I wanted to find the most probable source for 100% intensity 1 mod pieces....

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
And, that is why the low-end runics have increased in value since SA came out - they are of great use in bypassing the need to imbue one or two properties, if you get lucky.

Silverbird

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
That's why I wanted to find the most probable source for 100% intensity 1 mod pieces....
Only solution is to keep your eys open. Look at items with 1 maxxed mod and additional low mods, too. If the additional mods fit into what you need their intensitys can be increased with imbuing. Some properties are easier to find than others. I have for example no problems to get enough rings/bracelet with FC1 for my needs. You can find them at a good rate within treasure and fished-up chests. Finding a ring with +15 in one skill is very unlikely. (But it could happen especially at treasure hunting.) Quests do have a chance to yield such items (Heartwood ones for example). Lower level monster that barely have two property items can give one max intensity sometimes. (Esspecially on mods like fc where there is only full intensity.) For weapons and armour parts low level runics could be your solution. (Though oak fletching runics cannot give max SSI for example.)

L

LoL/Sonoma

Can someone point me in the right direction to finding out what the max for certain mods are?

I came up a pre-AoS player so, to be honest, i still dont understand what the max for most of the mods are (hence why i usually just get a 100% LRC suit and then skill mods for each char, ignoring other properties).

Had no clue that FC 1 was the max ... been throwing those away forever hoping to find a FC 2 or 3 (i thought the max was 2 or 3 :) )