• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Where The Cherry Blossom Grows

Jaden Rain

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Awards
Spring will always draw me back here, the land and its beauty will bring me here every Spring. This year it is more beautiful then I ever remembered it to be. The trees This land holds a special part of me, after all I am half Tokunese. As a child My Mother read me stories my favorite was a story of a Fisherman and his Wife , a wife who asked of her husband to catch a magical fish who granted wishes, Until one day the wife had asked for way to much and was cast back into poverty. I suppose this taught me respect for what was given to me, and now perhaps my giving and giving to Daenyra needs to stop, She is doing well and becoming a powerful mage and Dragon Master, as my old Father grows older and loses more memory every day. It is now time for me to devote time and memories to him. He loved it when Mother would read to us children and would hold us as she read the stories. It now grows time I find a place of peace for his mind and read to him .....boarding the ship at Zento docks I smile at him and motion to board the boat. For his age he still gets around quite well, just his memory slips from time to time. The waters in Tokuno seem so calm and relaxing this spring evening and our destination is a tropical Isle to spend a few weeks, a retreat and time with my Father while he still remembers this. As darkness falls and within the cabin of the ship My Father asks " Do you remember when I used to hold you as your Mother read you that silly story about the magic Fish?" , nodding to him " Yes Daddy I remember, it was our favorite." " this adventure reminds me of that story, will we see the magic fish do you think?" looking at me with those loving Father eyes, I am not certain if he is in one of his illusions or if he just jokes with me but I will go along with it " Yes perhaps we could. Have you ever seen the fish yourself Daddy?" With serious face he nods to me and begins his fish tale (typical man) " One day as I courted your Mother I took her to a tropical island in Tokuno beautiful sandy beach palm trees cool breeze and a tiny island chose to shore that held the most beautiful Cherry Blossom Tree. I had taken my fishing pole and she had prepared a picnic lunch she had brought as she spread the blanket I went about my own thing and began to fish. I believe this had annoyed her but she seemed to not say much. As I sat there fishing I felt a tug on my pole ....a BIG Tug I tried and tried to pull it in I knew it was a huge fish as I pulled the golden fish onto the sandy beach as if looking at me it began to speak...yes it spoke to me." . " Now Father" I replied in that adult voice as a parent would use to a child with a wild story. " ok so what did it say" . As he seemed to get humor telling me this I sat smiling and listening to his story, he continued " He told me if I released him he would grant me one wish. So I made my wish but it was a wish of multiple wishes" Curiosity had me and I had to ask " So exactly what was it you wished for?" in that very moment as I looked into his saddened face I saw for the first time a tear roll down his cheek, With a heavy sigh from him he looked up at me and spoke the words that touched me to my soul ...." I asked for your Mother, that she would say yes to my marriage proposal and we would have many Daughters as Beautiful as she was" as I began to tear up he went on to say " the fish Granted me my wish and now I have you and your Sisters who remind me of her" . Trying very hard to not fall apart in this moment I stood and began to turn back the bed and try to convince him he needed rest. Not fighting the situation a bit he just seemed to prepare for a nights sleep. Leaving his room I know now our destination. Not sure that I will even be able to sleep until I know we are there. A I begin to discuss the destination with the Captain he seems to know the island well and asking if I can send word to Britannia he lends me a Raven for my message. Taking the bird to my cabin I find matches and light the lantern looking out the window of my cabin the light flickers through the glass panes onto the waves of the sea as if calling to the fish, parchment in front of me I reach for the pen. As I begin to write the message for my Sisters to meet us on the island where we are headed and to send word to Daenyra to plan a Dinner upon our return Home to Zento

( For all those UO players no longer with us it was beautiful to have you part of our game play it was like a Cherry Blossom very Beautiful but short lived and to all those sick and older players not able to play any more Thank You for being part of our lives)

Jaden Rain

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Awards
( OCC - Many of us have lost dear ones from UO and one day our time will also come, I once many many years ago played uo and visited in game with a man who was going through Chemo, I logged on every morning to check on how he was , some days after his treatment he would be very sick and unable to log in game so we would chat a lil on icq, its been so many years ago I forget his characters name because we did most of our chats on icq there and I believe his name was forme on icq, I often think about those times and how I tried to keep his spirits up. Then later years I befriended a lady named Tamar right before my break from UO 6 or 7 years ago I learned she had died tragically, upon my return I have tried getting a gravestone set and its still in the works I hope with my attempts to Messana an our EM. Now everyone say prayers for the McDee family

Although Cherry Blossoms can put up such a spectacular show, their existence is brief. This is the main reason why the Japanese people invests time and effort to vigilantly track down Cherry Blossoms so as not to miss a second of its passing time on earth. Cherry Blossoms therefore, are a reminder of our humanity - our mortality. Buddhism’s concept of “mono no aware" teaches the same thing. Like Cherry Blossoms’ cycle of exceptional beauty followed by a quick death, a human being’s life can be given and taken at any moment

Last edited:

Jaden Rain

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Awards
29177453_397126277418565_8915624667885076480_n.jpgMyshack.jpg

Many days have past since our arrival here on the Island, Having all of us girls here at one time seemed to light up his soul. He just seems to glow with happiness the last several days. Not one word has even been brought up of Mother. I believe his mind is clear and he knows she is gone which isn't often lately. I am not sure I could take it if he had dwelled on her absence while we were here. The small fishing hut is very cramped with all of us staying there and My Sisters are returning back to Britannia today. For now they sit with him telling stories while he fishes. Yet have we seen the magic fish, although from his tales we know that it is Golden. Sitting on the steps of the Hut watching them, I wonder what it must have been like the two of them together, My Father and Mother. I remember her as a beautiful woman Golden Hair and always with a smile on her face. The magic of them and their beginning must have been quite the sight. That is how I remember her, the memory of her laying in that bed as she slipped from us and this life as she held his hand I keep locked away. I must go get lunch ready, I am sure he must be hungry I know I am. Desta had brought with them when they arrived so much food, we could stay here a very long time but time is drawing near for us to return as well. Once my sisters leave I fear he will return to his saddened state. Deanyra sent word as my Sisters had arrived of the dinner planned for him and of a magical Gargoyle healer residing in Yew. When I return I will search for this healer and clinic and he and I will make time to travel to Yew. Dae also spoke of a fortune teller perhaps she could put his mind to rest of Mother and that he needs not worry of her now. Many solutions are at hand and we must seek this help out on our return to Britannia. For now I will just enjoy this wonderful time of us all together.

Last edited:

Jaden Rain

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Awards
Last Few days since my sisters have left, Father has become quiet again. Spending most of his time on the beach, determined to reel in that Magic Fish. yet no magic fish to be seen, and he is starting to insist on me cooking these fish he has been catching. Very little has he said just wakes up grabs his pole and is off to the beach, I even have to take his lunch to him. Although I do persuade him to come inside for supper. Maybe today I can get him to talk about going home. Walking t the beach I know bringing this subjest up will or could possibly upset him but we must at least prepare for this. Standing beside him on the sandy beach he looks up at me and chuckles as he says' " You make a nice shade tree" Smirking at his comment I sit down on the sand and cross my legs sitting hands behind me supporting me as I lean back. " So you know we need to make plans to return home, and perhaps seek a healer to maybe help with your aches and pains and maybe find a nice walking cane" watching him as his smiles turns upside down and he huffs and casts the pole back into the water. " I just want to try to catch this Fish, I have a Wish I was in hopes he could help me with" looking at me he seems to await my response. " Daddy you know I love it here and we can come back anytime I have made arrangements with the Fisher who owns the Hut and you can return whenever we can. You are anting that fish to wish for Momma aren't you?" as if I didn't know the answer to that question. As he looks back at me brows drawn in at the center and the saddest face Ive seen him have yet , he nods a yes to me. " Ok a few more days but you have to promise that once we go back you will agree to go with me to see a healer " Smile from ear to ear on his face as he agrees and says " Now I am hungry and I sure would like to eat some this fish I been catching". Wrinkling my nose I know he thinks its funny I will go and clean some those dang fish to cook for him. " and Im cooking them heads and all" slight chuckle from him on my comment about the heads and all.

Cleaning up from our lunch I know I must send a message to the healer Daenyra spoke about. She wasn't clear on if the gargoyle was an actual healer but Daeny seemed to have faith in her ability's to help him. As I begin to write:

Dear Avalon,

I am not sure you know me but I have heard many good things of your talents and abilities. Daenyra has recommended you highly and believes you could possibly help with my Fathers pains and his memory loss from time to time. I am not expecting you to just rid him of his ailments but perhaps make him more comfortable and less irritable. He isn't moving as well as he once did and perhaps I need to look into a walking stick for him. Mostly he forgets present day and looks for My Mother who has been deceased many years now. At present we are on a fishing trip in Tokuno and will return to the mainland in a week or two. Daenyra is preparing a feast in Zento on our return perhaps you could meet us then or sometime after our return.

Thank You,

Jaden Rain

Jaden Rain

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Awards
" LOOK LOOK It's like this FISH" were the screams from the beach that awaken me from my best nights sleep I have had since arriving to this island and sleeping in this cramped small bed in this Tiny little shack. Sitting up and plopping my feet onto the Huts well worn floor I stand making quick haste to the door. Running to the nearby beach there he stood, smiling like a child with candy, holding his pole in one hand and the Golden Fish in the other. Smiling from ear to ear he begins telling " This is not the magic fish, I tried to talk to it but it wouldn't speak but it looks just like this..." Glancing at the fish I wasn't as impressed as he , nor did I know much about Fish it just looked like a Tuna. " well Daddy you have got close, perhaps the magic fish doesn't want to be caught, or maybe he ran outta wishes and cant talk now?" with a quick reply he exclaims " No No I know he has to still be out there we must find him" . With a big sigh, after reading my letter yesterday from Avalon and wanting to get him home and prepared to see her yet knowing it would be difficult now to get him to leave this Island I must find a way to get him back to the mainland. "Tell ya what Daddy, I have an idea. What if we post a reward for the capture of the fish, of coarse it must remain alive yes I know. However maybe our friends from the mainland could aide in finding the fish so lets post for the live capture of the Magic Fish" Looking at me smile on is face he nods and agrees it is a great idea so here is my que to suggest our return. " So Daddy the Rven hasn't come back yet from sending the messages for The sisters to come visit, so perhaps we should return home and make posters for a reward for he magic fish?" " Yes lets pack and me way home to get help" he replys as h releases the golden fish back into the sea and slowly walks his way back to the fishing hut. Packing my belongings a feeling of sadness overwhelms me, I too find myself not wanting to leave the island but I will make a deal with the hut owner and we shall return soon.

Slipping the fisherman a large amount of coins and touching my finger to my lips "Shhh" arrangements are made and the hut will now be available to myself or family at any time. As Father board the boat he seems to be happy and content and like a man on a mission. As if the sea sends him to begin a task we set sail back to Zento and again the sea is calm yet on this return journey it seems to be a part of us now sending us for fishers to visit.

Far from the city in the countryside near Zento I get him settled and here we will stay. During our absence it had bee contructed to look similar to the home I grew up in as I had sent arrangements for. I will begin making the notices to be posted in Britannia
Yet before the posters I begin a letter to somebody very unlikely easy to locate..........a Gypsy isn't easy to track down perhaps first step is notices for the whereabouts of such Gypsy

POSTED:

LOOKING FOR A GYPSY THAT GOES BY THE NAME AILA
THAT HAS THE ABILITY TO READ FORTUNES AND POSSIBLY BE ABLE TO CONTACT THE DEAD.
IF ANYONE KNOWS THE WHERE ABOUTS OF SAID GYPSY CONTACT ME,
JADEN RAIN

Last edited:

Jaden Rain

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Awards
Wandering Yew I found the clinic and the healer Avalon, bringing her to the house where Father and I now live she seemed to have cleansed the house and he seems tobe up and exploring outside the last few days, tending the Cherry Trees around the house. Whil Avalon was at the house a Raven arrived with a message of how to find the Gypsy Aila, so making my exist I walked the Forests near Spiritwood until I found her. Hopefully both can attend the Dinner Tuesday and visit with him. I think Avalon will be quite impressed with how well he seems to be doing.

(OCC Tuesday April 10 at 8 pm est I will have tables set up and a small dinner served afterwards hopefully we can get a fortune telling from Aila)

Last edited: