• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Where is UO? (pictures)

• Thread starter Richtor Darkbane
  • Start date
  • Watchers 0
R

Richtor Darkbane

Well I was a bit confused as to who is running UO now, is it EA, or is it EA/MYTHIC? So I checked both there webpages.... Neither one claim UO!! Check it out.

MYTHIC's Site:
http://i36.***********/m9sttx.jpg

EA's Site:
http://i36.***********/25ouu85.jpg

Sadly, on ea's site I searched for all MMOG's for PC, and came back with the results above. If neither company is even promoting or even claiming the game, what are the chances of drawing new subscribers?

:gun: What's really going on?

C

Coppelia

EA is such a big Factory that probably very few employees know UO and those who do, they most likely believe it's already dead.

Crysta

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The devs said the EA marketing department runs the sites and they have no influence over what gets shown. Which, obviously, sucks. A lot.

T

Trebr Drab

The devs said the EA marketing department runs the sites and they have no influence over what gets shown. Which, obviously, sucks. A lot.
Which is a bit alarming since recent comments are about what "marketing" has in store for UO.

Great. Marketing is calling the shots for UO! That gives me so much confidence, ya know?

DevilsOwn

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
so how do we get emails or snailmail to someone in marketing? do we have a name?

drinkbeerallday

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
No Games Found

Sorry, your search for "ultima" returned no games. Please simplify your search by using fewer or shorter phrases, or click on the category shortcuts on the left to browse our game catalog. You can also start over.
fffffffffffff

deadite

Sage
It's My Birthday
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
From what I understand, all MMOs under the EA umbrella are managed by Mythic Entertainment (formerly EA/Mythic).

It certainly doesn't seem like either Mythic or EA is claiming much ownership though. Not only do the websites lack mention, but the spiffy new online accounts manager is only for WAR and DAoC accounts. I hope they are working on integrating UO, but they haven't said one way or another.

Grandpa UO has been abandoned in the nursing home, I think. His family never visits. The ungrateful punks... ;)