• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Where is this?

Sauteed Onion

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
For years, fellow addicts, we have logged in.
For nearly 2 decades now.. we have looked at this screen when we punch in our user names and pass words..
Did anyone ever think where this was?
Is it your castle?
Is it.. MY castle?
Is it Lord British's Castle?
Castle Blackthorn?
Is it somewhere in Ilsh?
where_is_this.png
Is it a castle we don't yet know of yet?

Is this just some bastion of creatively drawn imagery that is supposed to stoke your imagination as you dive into a world of untamed passions?

Is there a scent of freshly baked goods coming out of the windows? Is it inhabited by undead minions?
Does a Vampire own it? Does a Sampire?

Will you go there if you could? Would you raid it if it had treasures? Would you buy it if it was on sale?

Would you guard it if you were paid well? Would you love it always without fail?

No.. I don't know what I would do with it, but the question still plagues my mind. Eagerly I await an answer..
Logging in.. Logging out.. Almost forgetting of it as I view the shards in their shimmering delightfulness.. my paws clicking the left and right mouse buttons.. (hehe mouse). As I step into the realms of adventure I set about on my pixelated journey, briefly relieved from the torturous unknown answer to my semi riddle.

I seek high and low for some edge.. maybe some advantage, maybe an extra fish for cupboard, or an extra Crimson Cincture to add to my vaults of stored digital wares. I may think about increasing skill with cooking may help me overcome my need for adventure for the evening..

Sometimes I talk to other people, and ask them if they need help. Sometimes I ask for help.
Other times I talk about food items with my guild leaders. Usually I am doing something. Anything. There's been a few times I just logged in.. and sat there. Greedily eyeing my loot. The accumulations of wealth and weirdness I have kept for whatever hopeful reason. Sometimes I stumble upon things I forgot about. And there are times when I go about destroying things in moments of utter brilliance.. Why didn't I think about skinning Medusa as I stabbed her to death before? Why didn't I think about covering myself In tribal paint before taming that ridge back? Who knew you could tell your pet to follow a peerless boss after you made it attack it so that it would stay close to it after it inevitably invises itself? Sometimes I get nice treats. Sometimes I give things to people. Just randomly. And just when I get ready to log off for the night.. to wake up and do whatever else the next day.. I have completely forgotten about this castle in the distance.. this place..

where_is_this.png

And I go to bed wondering..

Where is this?

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I often considered it was Castle British though it isn't at all right ....

I think it rather reminds me a tad of Castlevania... maybe that's just me... I think of bats flying out of the entrance there... and I think I need to go in there and clear that place of vermin... maybe it's a strange rip off of Disney's Castle... or Perhaps it's this one:

Sort of similar....

Last edited:

Slayvite

Crazed Zealot
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
For years, fellow addicts, we have logged in.
For nearly 2 decades now.. we have looked at this screen when we punch in our user names and pass words..
Did anyone ever think where this was?
Is it your castle?
Is it.. MY castle?
Is it Lord British's Castle?
Castle Blackthorn?
Is it somewhere in Ilsh?
View attachment 68096
Is it a castle we don't yet know of yet?

Is this just some bastion of creatively drawn imagery that is supposed to stoke your imagination as you dive into a world of untamed passions?

Is there a scent of freshly baked goods coming out of the windows? Is it inhabited by undead minions?
Does a Vampire own it? Does a Sampire?

Will you go there if you could? Would you raid it if it had treasures? Would you buy it if it was on sale?

Would you guard it if you were paid well? Would you love it always without fail?

No.. I don't know what I would do with it, but the question still plagues my mind. Eagerly I await an answer..
Logging in.. Logging out.. Almost forgetting of it as I view the shards in their shimmering delightfulness.. my paws clicking the left and right mouse buttons.. (hehe mouse). As I step into the realms of adventure I set about on my pixelated journey, briefly relieved from the torturous unknown answer to my semi riddle.

I seek high and low for some edge.. maybe some advantage, maybe an extra fish for cupboard, or an extra Crimson Cincture to add to my vaults of stored digital wares. I may think about increasing skill with cooking may help me overcome my need for adventure for the evening..

Sometimes I talk to other people, and ask them if they need help. Sometimes I ask for help.
Other times I talk about food items with my guild leaders. Usually I am doing something. Anything. There's been a few times I just logged in.. and sat there. Greedily eyeing my loot. The accumulations of wealth and weirdness I have kept for whatever hopeful reason. Sometimes I stumble upon things I forgot about. And there are times when I go about destroying things in moments of utter brilliance.. Why didn't I think about skinning Medusa as I stabbed her to death before? Why didn't I think about covering myself In tribal paint before taming that ridge back? Who knew you could tell your pet to follow a peerless boss after you made it attack it so that it would stay close to it after it inevitably invises itself? Sometimes I get nice treats. Sometimes I give things to people. Just randomly. And just when I get ready to log off for the night.. to wake up and do whatever else the next day.. I have completely forgotten about this castle in the distance.. this place..

View attachment 68096

And I go to bed wondering..

Where is this?
That's where the Classic Phoenix now lives and eats her cinnamon rolls.
The long forgotten land of good taste and art.

skett

Babbling Loonie
Professional
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Well there's the winning new castle design (above)

It would truly be keeping with the true spirit of uo

My idea of a new keep castle below

Just onther table top gaming hobby

91163210-FED4-4A4F-A90F-92674600C998.JPG

Last edited: