• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

where is the rbg recruiting office?

O

orcenborn

i'd like to apply as an intelligence unit and start with my training soon.

Pandora_CoD

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
um... why should i have to go to sonoma when i want to join a guild on catskills?
pandora's suggestion sounds more reasonable.
The only thing in Sonoma is the obstacle course, which we couldn't get redone for Catskills. Other RBG guilds use it for their recruiting role play. Its just a challenge of the mind like a puzzle piece. But its fun and really helps us role play what military obstacle course might look like.

Flutter

Always Present
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
Can't believe people on Catskills have to go to Sonoma shard to join the RBG.
There are no words for how stupid that is.

O

orcenborn

i am confused. who is kanlocke? i thought i could join the rbg guild and help protect the towns from evil.

Aedon Durreah

Village of Aegis
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Most are better off getting involved in guilds with relations already established with other guilds.

To serve in the true Royal Guard, a citizen just should show up when needed and defend the lands. No guild affiliation needs to be had or changed to do so.

Zuckuss

Order | Chaos
Professional
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Above all, this is supposed to be fun! I have seen the same 3-4 individuals cast their negativity, however a couple of them have followed the meetings, discussions and debates and they cast their opinions with merit, the rest are just throwing stones.

The office is in the Tram Castle British, the room to the right just before the front doors entering the castle.

The Sonoma quest was intended to be a "dream" in which a new, non-skilled character performs a list of tasks collecting items (mini quests). It doesn't take very long, and it was only instituted to create a unique experience within the RP environment.

It was expected that some would pick apart their procedure. Some only wish to do so to help improve RBG and make it as successful as it can be. Others only wish to disrupt it, to see it fail and will add their two-cents at every oppertunity that they get.

I am of the opinion, that the issues being argued are somewhat petty (just my opinion) and I would wish that some of these people actually step away from the forum, and actually join in game to see what it is really all about.

It's all supposed to be for fun and to improve the RP community on Cats.

Aedon Durreah

Village of Aegis
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
True. On the other hand, the RBG is available to those who want that option as a part of their role play. Remember, RBG is more than just a single guild. It was conceived as developing into a network of individuals and guilds RPing citizen soldiers. So far the growth has been inside one guild, but anyone at all may create their own Royal Britannian Guard unit as a formal guild, an informal collection of citizens, or as individuals.

No one has said that players can't be guards on their own or set any requirement that they must join this or that guild.
Then perhaps the best move is to rename the guild something that does not sound so.. official. Have it work as a part of the Royal guard whose members show up when needed. Leave the name Royal Guard where it should be. As a unit controlled by the Queen.

This is an easy matter to fix, and move forward with. Royal British Guard denotes a faction sanctioned and controlled by the crown. I can understand where the EM's might find themselves on a slippery slope being too involved in this.

If I opened a branch and called it the Royal Bank of Sosaria I doubt many of you would deposit your gold with me.

Aedon Durreah

Village of Aegis
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
For RBG the guild's name we were following a model established on other shards.

From the old days I remember players hanging around in banks, dressed appropriately, with names like Aedon the Minter. :p
*chuckles*
Oh yes, finally. I have my own bank.

outcry

Slightly Crazed
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Can't believe people on Catskills have to go to Sonoma shard to join the RBG.
There are no words for how stupid that is.
Those who were at the meeting and paying attention will remember that RBG didn't require anyone to train on Sonoma as a condition of membership. After several of us repeated this info. a few times, Kasaven understood this was not a genuine problem, but was instead misinformation.

RBG (the guild) is currently made up of different units, each autonomous, each with its own captain, and its own training protocol. If a prospective member doesn't like the training offered in one group, he or she can apply to another group or can ask for an alternative training program.
But the protocol was not set by the EM's it is set by you and Pitr........ Sorry make sure you let people know who run RBG guild its Pitr and Yourself...

O

orcenborn

it doesn't seem possible to find anyone from the rbg who can recruit me. what other rp guilds are there on catskills that stand for law and order? i don't like playing all alone ...

C

Corvak

it doesn't seem possible to find anyone from the rbg who can recruit me. what other rp guilds are there on catskills that stand for law and order? i don't like playing all alone ...
Sent you a PM :)

I'm a bit lax on checking the forums :(

Scarst

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
For RBG the guild's name we were following a model established on other shards.

From the old days I remember players hanging around in banks, dressed appropriately, with names like Aedon the Minter. :p
*chuckles*
Oh yes, finally. I have my own bank.
Finally! I can deposit my money at Aedon instead of going to a bank.

*Drops off 20 million at the first national bank of Aedon*

Thom

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
If you, or anyone else, are looking to join an rp guild i'd be happy to talk to you whenever we can meet up. PGoH is always recruiting, and if we're not compatible with each other i'll be happy to help you find a guild that is if I can.

B

BBaggins

Those who were at the meeting and paying attention will remember that RBG didn't require anyone to train on Sonoma as a condition of membership. After several of us repeated this info. a few times, Kasaven understood this was not a genuine problem, but was instead misinformation.

RBG (the guild) is currently made up of different units, each autonomous, each with its own captain, and its own training protocol. If a prospective member doesn't like the training offered in one group, he or she can apply to another group or can ask for an alternative training program.
Correct me if I'm wrong but aren't these training role plays intended to garnish EM recognition and support?

C

CatLord

The training protocols were established to increase the RBG security and create a story line... before we got contacted by any EM.

You are thus corrected.

Zuckuss

Order | Chaos
Professional
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
But the protocol was not set by the EM's it is set by you and Pitr........ Sorry make sure you let people know who run RBG guild its Pitr and Yourself...
I'm not the mastermind, I swear!

Scarst

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It's actually me who's the mastermind, I actually got so bored I made a thing I totally disagree with just for s**** and giggles(not the person)

B

BBaggins

By "garnish," do you mean "gain; obtain" (in a legal manner) as in to garnish wages? Are you asking if training role-play was a specific part of the package the RBG arranged with the EMs in order to gain their support?

If so, then the answer is no.

Training programs are a logical development of the military RP theme. They aren't part of any arrangement with the EMs.
Ok, so if EMs don't set the rules on RGB then how does players roleplaying RGB interact with Queen Dawn who is run by an EM? Do they just ignore her, or do they pat her on the head and tell her that she has grown senile and should leave all the important decisions to the (players)?

C

CatLord

Try that and we'll find out what will come out of it...
No clue how you can do that in character... but it might be worth a try.
It is summer, the dungeons are warm and cozy.

When the Queen speaks, we abide.
When the Commander speaks, we abide.
When the Captain (Avery) speaks, we abide.

When hardworking rpers and community members talk, I listen.
When a fraction of the community whines... I smile.

RBG on Catskills is now established... and no single player controls it.
If that is a problem... it is "not my problem".

I serve my guild... you serve yours.
I dont tell you how to run RBG Umbra, I expect the same treatment...
Both of us serve Queen Dawn.

So my suggestion is that you dont mention senility... she is a Warrior Queen that took down Lord Blackthorn and was in the front line of the battle versus the Crimson Dragons... I believe that Lady can snap any of us in half...

C

Corvak

Ok, so if EMs don't set the rules on RGB then how does players roleplaying RGB interact with Queen Dawn who is run by an EM? Do they just ignore her, or do they pat her on the head and tell her that she has grown senile and should leave all the important decisions to the (players)?
Probably a question for Kalmar (since you're an umbra member) but the RBG regiments are fully autonomous, but must follow the orders of Queen Dawn and Captain Kanlocke (played by the EMs)

So we are following orders from Queen Dawn, but we manage our own training. Basically what was meant above, is that the training event isn't going to be run or attended by the EMs.

C

CatLord

Pike's Policy...
"take your questions to your gm"
it kills drama really fast.

I hope you got the answers you were looking for.